• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which fanchise of Nintendo's is your favorite?

I think everyone knows my answer... ANIMAL CROSSING! My favorite Nintendo franchise by a LONG shot but I am a huge Nintendo stan so obviously I love alot more than just AC. Pikmin, Splatoon, and Mario are my other faves respectively!

Aside from Animal Crossing it would be a tie between Pikmin and Pokemon

This is a challenging question. I do play games but i'm not a huge gamer. When I'm not playing Animal Crossing it's likely that I'm not playing Nintendo at all. I have weird reasons for playing video games. I have 100's of hours invested into sports games because I like making my own custom characters with the creation suites.

I'm a big dragon quest fan and it's my all time favorite franchise. Although that's departed from strictly being a Nintendo series. I play Pokemon too when the games release, but I'm not a seriously invested player and only do it for the story.

My top 5

1. Pokémon
2. Animal Crossing
3. Legend of Zelda
4. Paper Mario
5. Mario (in general)

I separate Paper Mario from regular Mario because it feels more different to me and I specifically like it more than other Mario games.

Animal Crossing and Pokemon were my favorites, but I’m more of a Pokemon fan from Red Blue Yellow to Diamond pearl Platinum days than of what it became today, so I’m a bit less of a fan now of Pokemon and since I don’t have plans atm to try any of the newer games, I don’t think I can call it my favorite series. Animal Crossing was mine as well but the ones I put a lot of hours in were NL, Happy Home Designer and NH. Even though NH disappointed me, I would like to think it is my favorite series still.

I’m getting Splatoon 3 soon so maybe that will end up being my favorite, though I haven’t played the other two (only a little bit of 1 at a friend’s house) so i don’t know if that would count since it is only one game that I had really played not the whole series 🤔.

Edit: Almost forgot about Fire Emblem 🤦‍♀️. I’ve played Awakening, Fates, Three Houses (and Three Hopes). this would definitely be my favorite even though I haven’t played all of the games and Three Houses is the one that left the biggest impression on me and that I was the most satisfied with. I also played a little of the first Fire Emblem at a friend’s house .

Last edited:
Untitled169_20240411104947.png

i think this is an appropriate way to explain it

I know I posted here before, but to make a definitive ranking of my favorites:

1. Mario
2. Kirby
3. Animal Crossing
4. Pokémon
5. Super Smash Bros
6. The Legend of Zelda

Oh, and if you wanted to count Yoshi as a series, that would be number 7

This is such a tough question for me! I've never really viewed their games by franchise and always held them to an individual basis.

Is it weird to say that one of my favorites is the sports/fit franchise? I've loved exploring Wuhu Island and love the social aspect or these games. Wii Fit's use of the Miiverse was one of the warmest and supportive places I've been online.

Another big one for me is Smash Bros. It brought friends together across every iteration for me. Heck, one of my friends who does not play video games would come over to play smash bros. Ultimate with me in teams online matches and have the time of their life.

Animal Crossing as well is an obvious choice as it brings people together as a community and has been with me since 2002!

In the end, I love games that are social, cooperative and competitive so you can see why it lines up the way it does.

It's gotta be Super Mario and it's not even close. More notably, I love Mario Kart and Mario Party. I'm more interested in the spin-offs, it seems, but I could say that about other series, as well. For example, I love Pokémon Mystery Dungeon just as much as the mainline games.

Back