• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Which do you regret? Town Name, Fruit, or Map?

Hah! I'm sorry to laugh, sort of, but I suppose some names would not be good. One family surname I did NOT use was "Fatten" for obvious reasons. :D

Yeah, imagine Rueslattensenbjorgensen... Who's gonna visit THAT?

The Beach! I ended up with a split beach...it drives me nuts. And, all those dang rocks.
I would've been much more imaginative with my town name also...live and learn.

pears.jpg

Thankfully I have Apples ;)

I have the split beach too!
Btw, you just reminded me Gulliver is passed out on my beach...YIKES...

Guess just the name. I got bored when resetting so I used area_____ to count how many resets before it was perfect 8'D

I love my first town, but If I could go back I would definitely have resetted a few times to see other maps. I picked the first one I saw basically because I was so excited. Now in my second town I resetted for maps and picked one, but idk... not really sure how much I like it now that I went through all that trouble.

Not a single one :) for some reason cherries have been my starting fruit in all my past AC games. I adore my map and I've never regretted my town name. It's perfect :D

Map, I have multi towns with last one coming to end dream search before cycle...unless but that is a seperate question for cyclers. Anyway I as always caught up with getting right fruit and at least 2 dreams at start I have some bad maps. Only my first town which was take it as what it is has a great map...now that it is complete may change around some pwps.. or path shiver am not a paver..I suppose some people may do it for a fee.
Anyway on topic for my final personal town I am going to focus on the map first, I don't like split beaches very far apart, small top strips, what I think is missing is they should show you where and how many rocks there are because a town full of rocks can put your ideas way off track.

Hmm.. I would say map, because Re-Tail is really far from the station. Dx But it doesn't bother me that much.

I like oranges and the name ^^

None, but only because I very specifically made sure I loved the map, which had to have my favourite fruit (perfect apples yessss!) and I annoyed my sister about good names until I came up with Fables which I still really like!

Town 1: Layout, specifically the rocks and ponds. made getting to Re-Tail beyond annoying.

Town 2: I actually really loved this layout and everything about it. People convinced me the layout was bad and I restarted.

Town 3: Fruit (Oranges) and layout. Town felt so cramped.

Town 4: Layout. Thought I loved it but all the permanent locations were shoved together and it felt like I had no room for PWP's.

On Town 5 and so far so good!

I regret nothing about my town, everything about it is to my satisfaction. If there's anything I feel like changing sometimes I guess it'd be fruit, just because I wanna grow perfect cherries (they're so pretty)

I'm happy with my town name and map more or less. But I have oranges. Why oranges. I wish I had peaches.

I feel like I could've picked a better map though... I like that I have a "private" beach only accessible by swimming, but it's also a bit of a bother because I rarely go over to it unless Gulliver is washed up over there. It's like I've got this entire blob of beach that's just completely untouched 99% of the time :/

My town's name, this was my first ACNL game and heck since it is populated with animal villagers I just named it "Barnhill". I can't follow a farm theme since some of my favorite villagers are not farm animals at all except Molly and Muffy. I then switched to a "sweets" theme.

I love my peaches however since the perfect ones are golden <3. I could care less about the grass pattern.

Back