• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where I think the next 'Animal Crossing' should go - please give your thoughts!

I think the idea of having jobs would be an incredible way to implement a bell earning system into the game. I also wouldn’t mind the idea of adding more types of shops, or maybe even starting your own shop which you could design completely from scratch.
It’s funny because I think there’s so much potential to add new things, but at the same time the way it is right now is also very satisfying, and time consuming to the point where I keep playing and have new goals.
Maybe they are intending on keeping it more simple so that the game becomes less competitive, and more about your individual island? Who knows!

NH dialogue is not great compared to WW (in my opinion). But I think NH's customisation is very good. I agree with your points, and I do miss the cosy village feel, but I'm not sure how much of this is going to happen anymore since NL started a "new normal" which NH is expanding upon, which is the emphasis on customisation instead of the villagers themselves.
I do really like your points of going back to the roots while still holding the customisation features from NL and NH though. That WOULD be the perfect AC game for me. But I don't mind living on an island too much since I don't feel boxed in by cliffs all around me anymore.

My (mine, I know other people don't mind it) other problem with this game I've noticed wasn't present in past games was Nook Miles as a heavily-used currency. I feel like it's so easy to get Nook Miles (if you don't use it for island hopping like me) which makes getting all that stuff in the ABD really easy to get, so it feels like I didn't accomplish much just getting them. I preferred it when everything was just Bells. The MEOW coupons were fine because it was used exclusively for Harv's furniture. I would like to just use Bells as currency. I suppose the furniture being expensive now is an OK substitute but you don't get a guaranteed colour you want unless you trade...

Last edited:
Also I notice a lot of people are telling me to not give up on New Horizons, and there's more coming.. yes, I know - this isn't about New Horizons. This is me, speculating on how the series could evolve from here to the next title, be it in 5 or 10 years, or whatever. I know that New Horizons will get lots of hefty-content updates. That doesn't mean I can't speculate about what's to come in the future - from a new game
I actually really like bouncing around ideas for a new game. It's just fun for me. I'm glad there is a thread that I can do this in.
Post automatically merged:

I think the idea of having jobs would be an incredible way to implement a bell earning system into the game. I also wouldn’t mind the idea of adding more types of shops, or maybe even starting your own shop which you could design completely from scratch.
It’s funny because I think there’s so much potential to add new things, but at the same time the way it is right now is also very satisfying, and time consuming to the point where I keep playing and have new goals.
Maybe they are intending on keeping it more simple so that the game becomes less competitive, and more about your individual island? Who knows!
I actually didn't think of jobs as a way to earn bells! 😂 I thought of them as a way to earn exclusive furniture/DIYs, or rare items.

Don't forget customizing, too. Instead of having to collect or find x amount of gems in rocks, all we need to do is buy paint at Nook's. Talk about a total timesaver!

OHHHHHH so true. I love Cyrus, but goodness, I hated customizing in NL. And you had to wait 30
minutes per item as well, which was tedious.

I do think that NH has become more... Instagrammy. A lot of it is for show—decorating towns to look pretty, bringing in villagers that you consider to be "cool," way too much trading (thx to new websites like Nookazon)...
But I do appreciate the terraforming and being able to decorate the outside. I mean, what's the point of having all the cool furniture if there's no place to put them? I heard that there's a lot of updates lined up, so maybe NH will improve over the months.
I really need more villager dialogue and interactions tho. In terms of data, dialogue hardly takes up any space (memory) compared to new items (think of all those polygons!), so I'm hoping Nintendo realizes how much the hardcore fans value their "relationship" with their villagers 💕

I do think that NH has become more... Instagrammy. A lot of it is for show—decorating towns to look pretty, bringing in villagers that you consider to be "cool," way too much trading (thx to new websites like Nookazon)...
But I do appreciate the terraforming and being able to decorate the outside. I mean, what's the point of having all the cool furniture if there's no place to put them? I heard that there's a lot of updates lined up, so maybe NH will improve over the months.
I really need more villager dialogue and interactions tho. In terms of data, dialogue hardly takes up any space (memory) compared to new items (think of all those polygons!), so I'm hoping Nintendo realizes how much the hardcore fans value their "relationship" with their villagers 💕
I mostly agree! It is a very "show your stuff" game. However, I think that the excessive trading is good, because it encourages player interaction. Hopefully, Nintendo realizes that the game is called ANIMAL Crossing though.

Still people in the thread saying I'm giving up on New Horizons - maybe read my posts? I already said, it's nothing to do with New Horizons - despite its flaws, New Horizons is in my view still the best in the series because of what it brings to the table. That doesn't mean I can't speculate on what the next game could do.

Still people in the thread saying I'm giving up on New Horizons - maybe read my posts? I already said, it's nothing to do with New Horizons - despite its flaws, New Horizons is in my view still the best in the series because of what it brings to the table. That doesn't mean I can't speculate on what the next game could do.
Maybe its the wording, Its doesn’t came off as you hoped? For me came off little weird already be thinking about the next game when this game just came out and when We don’t know the end product. For some reason speculation about updates or what you hope to see doesn’t come off the same way 🤷‍♀️.

To add to your discussion perhaps more options in map choosing between having an island or a village that could have various types and/or be able to have the option to have a mainstreet or store in your town?

Back