Where do you people get this money?

Turnips for me. There are generally good prices on here a lot. In game total If you find a good price you can make 10 - 15 million in 1 1/2s in game time. Its worth it too me.

Plus I have met some friends that I am still friends with selling turnips ;)

Last edited:
Fishing, fossil hunting. Slow, but it really adds up.

I refuse to believe anyone who says they can make a million in hour by bug hunting on the island. I encounter maybe four beetles an hour on the island - that isn't even 100 thousand.

If I were smart, I'd get into the turnip trade, but I'm too lazy to get up early on Sunday.

you're doing it wrong. i make about 400,000 in 30 minutes or so every night. you go after 7pm and you chop down all the non palm trees and get rid of all the flowers and bushes.

I refuse to believe anyone who says they can make a million in hour by bug hunting on the island. I encounter maybe four beetles an hour on the island - that isn't even 100 thousand.

If I were smart, I'd get into the turnip trade, but I'm too lazy to get up early on Sunday.

If you reduce the number of spawn points and go at peak beetle times, it's probably possible. I was making about 500-600k per hour on an unaltered island when I was first into beetle farming. Bell Boom also helps a lot.

And if you ask around in the Train Station forum for TTers who are on Sunday, you can probably get people to let you into their towns to buy turnips any day of the week. Like this.

Best of luck money-making. :)

A lot of people have just gotten really good at robbing Phyllis and Pelly! :p

No but really, turnips are a godsend. I find beetle hunting to be fun when I'm in the mood for it, but the amount of beetles that spawn can get annoying. Sometimes they spawn very frequently, and sometimes hardly at all.. even if you're hunting at the best times.

I'm at the island every night. I can make 500k but not in 30 minutes. I stick with high end beetles and a shark or two. I'm still always broke. Buying Gracie furniture and clothes and building extra character houses is costly.

I make money reeeaaal slow but I don't mind, since I don't really like to buy villagers or anything super pricey outside the game. I'm too lazy for the turnip trade. Right now I'm mainly selling perfect fruit at other people's towns on premium, which gets me a lot of cash in one go. I always look out for what's on premium and just sell everything I don't need in my closet. I go to the island occasionally but I got bored of that and my game glitches when I use the drop box for some reason. But when I do go to the island, I save the beetles and sharks for when a lazy villager comes to my campsite (that lazy villager exploit thing) and I sell them all for high prices each.

I also do errands for members here occasionally.

People should get themselves into turnips.

Right now, my town is buying them for 561 bells each.

Let's say that you have 50,000 bells total.

Take 40,000 of that amount to spend on turnips.

Meet up with Joan, on any Sunday from 6:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., who usually sells turnips in the 90s and 100s for buying. And let's say her price is 100 bells for each turnip.

For 100 bells each, you can buy 400 turnips.

Given they come in tens [10s], use 40 slots in your locker. If you're reasonably organized, that would be Locker A with all of Nos. 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Come to, as an example, my town where Re-Tail's Reese will buy them @ 561 bells each.

Review?

400 x 100 (per turnip) = 40,000 (investment)

400 x 561 (per turnip) = 224,000 (sell)

224,000 (sell) - 40,000 (investment) = 184,000 (profit)

Now, let's say you have 200,000 to spend. (As though you have between 250,000 to 500,000 bells saved.)

Review?

2000 x 100 (per turnip) = 200,000 (investment)

2000 x 561 (per turnip) = 1,122,000 (sell)

1,122,000 (sell) - 200,000 (investment) = 922,000 (profit)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I bought all the pieces from Gracie to make whatever set she had in season, and I sold it for double what I paid for all the pieces. The Princess set was the most successful, i'd buy it for about 2 million and then sell it for 3-7 million! That's only if you have Gracie's store yet. c: And it's quite an expensive investment.

I just paid off my mayor's home in full. And I'm doing Lyle HH challenge. I chose Fairy Tale. In my town, I have the date set to 02.18.2014 (as of now). Gracie is in between season changes. (I have no interest in her card designs. They're in the Toy category.) So, I'm one who will be going after the Princess set to futher boost my score with Lyle. (I've reached 700,000 in the score. I need to hit at least one million.)

I first started with island hunting at night. And finally got enough to buy lots of turnips at once, and found someone with a Reese buying them for 600 something each. I earned about 5 mil or something because I was on a Sunday and the person let me take my time and go back and forth.

I started with island bug catching until I had around 3 million bells, which really didn't take that long. I took half that and spent it on turnips, then looked for a town with a high price to sell them in. I haven't been doing turnips lately, though. I probably would've had more money than I do now, but I blew a lot of it on forum trading boards.

It's entirely possible to make millions of bells on the island, if you have the time and dedication. For me, I just grew sick of it because it's so slow and all, and got into turnips instead, which is quicker, easier and earns you a lot more bells. I don't really understand it when people say they're too 'lazy' for turnips, it's literally buying turnips then selling them. The most difficult part is finding enough space in your locker to hold enough turnips, and that just depends on how many bells you're looking to make.

On the island though, if you chop all the regular, non-palm trees, more rare beetles will spawn, and they're all at least 6k each (I used to release those and only go for the 10k+ beetles), so as others say, each trip is easily 400k, it just takes a while to fill up the inventory.

Last edited:
Back