• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What's your progress on these Nook Mile Achievements?

UglyMonsterFace

Arize from Azulon
Bells
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Pink Moon Jellyfish
Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
I'm particularly curious about these specific Nook Mile Achievements. So these are the ones I've deemed the most long term ones to complete (for non-time travellers especially):

Angling for Perfection! 3650/5000
You've Got the Bug 3529/5000
Deep Dive 1619/2500
DIY Tools 2262/3000
DIY Furniture 1298/3000
Smile Isle 79/100 (Not even on the last stamp yet)
Nook Miles for Miles! 2601/3000
Active Island Resident 299/300

I really only fish and catch bugs when there are Nook mile + points to earn for it. I feel like I'm slowly chugging away at it, but I won't get it done anytime soon unless I really hunker down and craft a bunch of fish bait for the fish. Winter kinda sucks for bug hunting, so I'm aiming to finish it in the summer hopefully. I'm so happy the diving goal is significantly lower! I've made a pretty large dent in the DIY Tools one because of acorns and pinecones. I'd get hundred of branches when I shook those trees and I crafted all of it into tools. It was tedious but it made sense to use all those extra branches to try to complete the goal. Now that I'm not shaking trees for pinecones or acorns, the progress is a lot slower, but I'm still crafting all my excess materials into tools. So I feel like it can be done quicker than the others. I barely craft furniture since I haven't really focused much on decorating yet. I do craft blue rose wreaths from my enormous blue flower field. So around 35 of them every other day. That means I'm very slowly progressing, while making a crap ton of moneys :) The Smile Isle is particularly hard for me since I make it a habit to check every single gift my villagers want me to deliver, and I will not go through with it if I deem the object terrible. I am not going to ruin my villagers outfits or houses just to complete this achievement. This is probably going to be a very slow go for me. I have to rely on lost items, them getting sick and giving medicine, and buried treasure game requests. to complete this realistically. I do as many Nook Mile + tasks as possible for my dailies, such as the fishing, bug catching, crafting ones, etc, since they all also contribute to other achievements, so that's great. And I am so happy I'll finally get the Active Island Resident one tomorrow! I have not missed a single day since I got the game, and it's crazy that I'd have played this game 300 days in a row.

I'd like to know everyone else's progress on these goals! Ideally, I'd love to know if you time traveled or not, since that will greatly affect progress for some of these. And I'm curious to see how everyone is approaching these, if you even care about completing them, and which ones you're working on actively and which ones you find the most difficult.

Angling for Perfection - 1500/2000
You've Got the Bug - 1256/2000
Deep Dive - 1323/2500
DIY Tools - 529/1000
DIY Furniture - 326/1000
Smile Isle - 76/100
Nook Miles for Miles - 1210/3000
Active Island Resident - 300/300

I've time traveled a bit, but not as much anymore unless I miss a day of playtime. c:

262 Angling for Perfection
162 You've Got the Bug
426 Deep Dive
143 DIY Tools
441 DIY Furniture
52 Smile Isle
433 Nook Miles for Miles

I have reset a few times, so my totals are low. I do time travel, though, so I've already gotten the Active Island Resident done.

Angling for Perfection : Complete
You've Got the Bug : Complete
Deep Dive: Complete
DIY Tools: 1880
DIY Furniture: 1712
Smile Isle: 161
Nook Miles for Miles: 2186
Active Island Resident: 298

There are ways to multitask, so that helps ...

Angling for Perfection : 2305 / 5000
You've Got the Bug : 2284 / 5000
Deep Dive: 630 / 1000
DIY Tools: 478 / 1000
DIY Furniture: 365 / 1000
Smile Isle: 61 / 100
Nook Miles for Miles: 650 / 1000
Active Island Resident: 297 / 300

I want to complete all the achievements, but I know that some of them are really going to need at least 2 years of playtime. From time to time, I'll do bit a grind to help with some, but I don't overdo it to prevent burn out/fatigue. I don't TT.

Angling for Perfection! 2,306/5,000
You've Got the Bug 2,135/5,000
Deep Dive 1,043/2,500
I've caught 3 of almost all bugs/fish and no need for money, so these three will need to be a grind. I also finally did the "Cast Master" two days ago, so yeah.

DIY Tools 838/1,000
DIY Furniture 686/1,000
I'm currently trying to also fulfill a goal of crafting each item at least once, so that's going to help for the "DIY furniture". Also working towards the Golden Axe, so both "Rough Hewn" and the "DIY tools" are slowly advancing.

Smile Isle 95/100
I let my mom deliver medicine to sick residents and she also returns lost items and I don't do the fish/bug requests so I'm mostly stuck with delivery requests and treasure hunts haha Grind by choice.

Nook Miles for Miles! 1,173/3,000
I never grinded hard for the NM+ and it shows. I'll need to take a look at them and do around 20 daily to advance a little.

Active Island Resident 284/300
Almost there!

I also have some other stamps that are behind the rest:

K.K. Mania 35/60
This is insane. I'll never get this one.

Birthday Celebration 9/10
I decided to keep all my original villagers so yeah, this one is going slow. Zucker's birthday is the missing one before repeats.

Popular Pen Pal 23/50
I don't write many letters, but I'm trying to send some friends daily gifts and that will help me achieve this one.

Greedy Weeder 815/1,000
I love the weeds, I try to keep 'em all around the island. I've been doing some progress on this one by visiting Mystery Islands and plucking all weeds there, but this one will also be a bit grindy.

For the achievements in the OP, I'm currently at:
  • Angling for Perfection! - Completed
  • You've Got the Bug - Completed
  • Deep Dive - Completed
  • DIY Tools - Completed
  • DIY Furniture - Completed
  • Smile Isle - 127/300
  • Nook Miles for Miles! - Completed
  • Active Island Resident - 298/300
I've played every day since the game came out and I haven't TT'd. I just spent some time a few months back grinding out a bunch of these achievements, which took a few days to do, lol. Really, the Smile Isle achievement is the worst one of the bunch, since it feels like I so rarely get enough prompts to actually help another villager out compared to how often I play, so that one will likely take until at least 2022 to complete.

As for some achievements I haven't completed and probably won't complete for awhile yet:
  • K.K. Mania - 42/60 (rank 4/5)
  • Birthday Celebration - 8/10 (rank 2/3)
  • Shady Shakedown - 62/100
K.K. Mania just takes forever, even though I have attended every K.K. concert on my island so far. That's another that won't be done until 2022. Birthday Celebration is also taking awhile since (for the most part) I've only done birthdays for my own villagers, though I have a few birthdays coming up and I'm hoping I can switch out villagers to get birthdays that are closer in order to get it done sooner. Shady Shakedown wouldn't be too bad to grind out, given that you should be able to get one with every Nook Miles Island you visit, I've just been lazy with trying to finish it off, lol.

Angling for Perfection: 4,584/5,000
You've Got the Bug: 3,194/5,000 - even with having decent luck going to tarantula/scorpion islands, I still fell way behind on bugs
Deep Dive: 1,360/2,500 - I think I have more fish and (comparatively) more sea creatures because you can't tell what they are from the shadow immediately, so I tend to go for more, while I ignore bugs I see unless they sell for a lot or unless I need them.
DIY Tools: 763/1,000 - not even on the last tier
DIY Furniture: 519/1,000 - same as above, I don't craft a lot lol
Smile Isle: 116/300
Nook Miles for Miles: 3,000/3,000
Active Island Resident: 298/300 - been playing since launch and haven't done significant time traveling.

these numbers are only for my rep on my main island because she’s the character I started with and have been playing since release day.
Angling for Perfection 1,438
You've Got the Bug 2,308
Deep Dive 638
DIY Tools 710
DIY Furniture 322 (I don’t craft furniture often)
Smile Isle 79
Nook Miles for Miles 2,142
Active Island Resident 298
KK Mania 35 (I added this one because I think it will take the longest to complete. Lately I’ve forgotten to play my rep on Saturday evening)
Popular Penpal 57 (added this one too because I don’t like writing letters.)

I've never time traveled and I never will. I'm not actively trying to complete them because I figure they will eventually be completed through normal gameplay, even if it takes me years. Also I like having goals to work towards.
I still have 3 missing stamps. I know one is for the New Years countdown, but I‘m not sure what the others are.

angling for perfection: 2,940/5,000
you’ve got the bug: 2,949/5,000
deep dive: 894/1,000
diy tools: 530/1,000
diy furniture: 913/1,000
smile isle: 174/300
nook miles for miles: 1,806/3,000
active island resident: 300/300

i only really started working on my nm achievements a few months ago + there’s still others that i need to complete and while progress has definitely felt a bit slow, i think i’m doing alright! the first 5 will probably take the longest to get through but i’m not in a rush aha. :’^)

Angling for Perfection! 4048/5000
You've Got the Bug 2739/5000
Deep Dive 1527/2500
DIY Tools 958/3000
DIY Furniture 1025/3000
Smile Isle 87/100
Nook Miles for Miles! 1668/3000
Active Island Resident 300/300

I do TT occasionally.

Angling for Perfection! - (Complete)
You've Got the Bug - 3066/5000
Deep Dive - (Complete)
DIY Tools - (Complete)
DIY Furniture - (Complete)
Smile Isle - 65/100
Nook Miles for Miles! - 2150/3000 (Working on this one at the moment)
Active Island Resident - 296/300

I haven't time travelled to other days since launch, so I've only missed a few days which is pretty crazy to me. I've told myself I'll start TTing more carelessly once I get the achievement out of the way.

The Nook Miles for Miles! one is one that I'm currently grinding out. Progress is pretty quick, and I can do it while I'm doing other stuff. I might reach it before the end of the month? At which point I'll switch to the bug one, which is hard to grind at the moment, but I might do that on nook mile islands.

The last one I'll get is probably Smile Isle. I've been talking to my villagers more though, and it's helping a little.

angling for perfection - 1,933/3000
you've got the bug - 1,677/3,000
deep dive - 636/2,500
DIY tools - 498/3,000 (ouch)
DIY furniture - 299/3,000 (double ouch)
smile isle - 56/300
nook miles for miles - 822/3,000
active island resident - long been completed (a mild tter if you will)
I only started actively trying to get some of these bigger achievements completed at the beginning of this year so I still have a long way to go, but since there's not a ton of other things to be doing on the island in this weird winter in-between stage I'm trying my best. I'm still stuck at 54/100 for cast master, and trying to get that is helping with angling for perfection. I'm also only on 25 for KK Mania and 41 for popular pen pal because I keep forgetting to visit KK, and writing letters is very tedious to me but I want to get the achievement! my goal is to get all of the achievements done by the end of the year (and then probably reset shortly after oops).

I haven’t really worked on these.
Just reach them when I reach them kind of thing.
Angling for perfection-969/2000
you've got the bug - 1273/2000
deep dive - 182/250
DIY tools - 629/1000
DIY furniture - 550/1000
smile isle - It’s so depressing 3/10
nook miles for miles - 442/1000
active island resident: complete

I just decorate and forget all other things 😅

I don't have my game in front of me, but I'm in the same vicinity as you on those. I'd add K.K. Concert one - I'm around 40 or so.

I haven't really been grinding for any of these, so it will take a while to complete them, but they'll be nice pops here and there, as I continue the game. I've really gotten lazy about crafting tools, so that is getting short shrift just now, but I'll get there.

I customize my tools a lot because I hate carrying around tools made from popsicle sticks. I will never get that one!!

angling for perfection 111/500
you've got the bug 194/500
deep dive 35/50
diy tools 26/50
diy furniture 98/200
smile isle 9/10
nook miles for miles 114/200
active island resident 300/300
i time travel a lot, so the last one is complete lol. i didnt think my progress was so low?? this motivates me to actually start catching more bugs and fish.. im gonna start trying to complete these later, also i wish my villagers would ask for more requests bc i feel like they rarely do D:

Angling for Perfection 4235 / 5000
You'll Get the Bug 3,534 / 5000
Deep Dive 1,300 / 3,000
DIY Tools 1,786 /3,000
DIY Furniture 1,315 / 3,000
Smile Isle 182/ 300
Nook Mile for Mile 2,809/3,000
Active Island 300/300

No time travel. Ones that will take awhile are K.K. 43/60, Stalk Market 500,420, Clam and collect 104/200, Birthday 14/20 and Gold shovel 23/30.

Angling for Perection 3216/5000
You'll Get the Bug 2314/5000
Deep Dive 1002/2500
I'm not really sure why but I'm a much bigger fan off fishing then bug catching which is why that's much higher, plus the winter months have such little variety on bugs so will probably have to wait for summer to complete that one. I do a lot of diving when I'm looking to make a lot of bells quickly and for a chance to see Pascal.

DIY Tools 697/1000
DIY Furniture 508/1000
I don't often craft furniture but I'm aiming to work on that while redecorating the island, don't think I'll manage to complete it anytime soon though.

Smile Isle 88/100
Nook Miles for Miles Completed
Active Island Resident Completed
I try and perform good deeds for the villagers but its waiting for the opportunity so that is likely going to be a long term achievement. Nook miles I completed a long time ago now mainly cause I focused on it for ages as I was constantly trying to get NMTs for my island hopping for all my villagers. The active island resident is a bit of a cheat as I had a couple of months break from the game and time travelled to catch up on some parts of the game I'd missed.

angling for perfection: 1.510/2,000
you’ve got the bug: 970/2.000
deep dive: 575/1.000
diy tools: 260/1.000
diy furniture: 434/1.000
smile isle: 57/100
nook miles for miles: 539/1.000
active island resident: 160/300

Back