• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your least favorite video game?

I really like Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4, but Fallout 3 never really clicked with me. I played FO4 first, then New Vegas, and then finally FO3. It doesn't have the looting and settlement building mechanics of 4 (which I love, most people find Garvey and his precious settlements hit-or-miss), or the storyline and iconic dialogue of New Vegas.

I don't HATE Fallout 3 per se, and yes, I've completed the main storyline + a majority of side quests. But it just doesn't captivate me to play any of the DLC or do a second run.

Guinness World Records: The Videogame. I didn't know what to think of it when I first received it from someone else, and neither did I ever understand what made the game so fun, as in, it gave off such boring and stale vibes, in my honest opinion. And the worst part of all is that I couldn't delete already-existent user profiles, and that such a thing was also not to be found in its instruction booklet!
Nowadays, the cartridge and its box just idly catch some dust at my parental home while I occasionally play way better DS games at my current residence, such as Mario Kart DS (via Homebrew) and Pokémon HeartGold.

The Evil Within 2. It was a struggle to even buy the thing. It completely betrays the first story, looks like crap, plays like too many other horror games, they didn't have Sebastian's original VA (for reason I'm not sure of), and based a lot of it on the DLC from the first game that was NOT written by the person who wrote the game and made a lot of things weird and overall, the DLC was considered horrible. Basing a sequel on 'non-canon and terrible DLC is just....why? And someone from the first game was absent until you unlock something with them and get NO ANSWERS about it. (I'd say more but don't know how to spoiler tag here).

FFXIII-2 - that game had so much potential but I felt like the whole time traveling concept and the story for it did not seem to go well with XIII’s ending and story. I thought the overall story was bad for it; the side story quests were okay. I liked the one where I had to help the flans and one where a soldier shared his opinions on Lightning and how he originally thought poorly of her.

One of my least favorites would have to be Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. That game lacked the charm of the other M&L games and shoehorned Paper Mario into it. From my understanding, people like the previous M&L games for their original characters and locations, same can be said for Paper Mario.

Paper Jam had a forgettable world with generic enemies (Goombas, Troopas, etc.) and generic bosses (Bowser Jr., Koopalings, Petey Piranha, etc.). The Paper Mario characters got transported the M&L world and they hardly did anything interesting with it. The most it amounted to was "Woah it's a paper version of me and there's paper versions of these generic enemies."

I also hate how Paper Mario has been dumbed down just being paper. It was acknowledged in past games, like yeah you could fold into an airplane or turn sideways to fit through small gaps, but it wasn't the only gimmick being relied on. Also when Paper Mario had generic enemies, they were altered to be interesting. Those are gone and now and replaced with Paper Goombas and Paper Troopas.

The two series have always been their own things and never should've mixed in my opinion. It's shame that the M&L developers, AlphaDream, went bankrupt. Paper Jam was their last M&L game if you don't count the 3DS remakes of Superstar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story.

I have a history of buying 'safe'- checking lots of reviews and buying games that I know I will enjoy, so there isn't a lot I can say that I have played I haven't liked. Pokemon Sword/Sheild comes to mind. Wanted to give the franchise a go but I was completely and utterly bored in this game. Not to mention it gave me motion sickness and doesn't look that great. I couldn't have cared less about the pokemon roster, that wasn't the issue for me like it was for others. Same with the mobile app Pokemon Go and the 3ds pokemon games that I played the demos of. So boring. I don't personally understand the hype but I don't have the same nostalgia element that everyone else has. To each their own.

Pokémon Go's pretty bad, since I'm too lazy to go outside and catch Pokémon. It's probably fun for younger kids who get to interact with each other outside, but man, I'm getting too old for Pokémon, wasting my time catching virtual pets. No offense to those who enjoy that kind of thing and the "competitive side" of the games (which I also don't enjoy), but I've got better things to do, more fun and enjoyable things that don't feel mindless and pointless.

Even the joy of discovering new and inventive Pokémon is out of the window considering how lazy the designs are. It's inevitable, considering that they have to factory-produce hundreds of mons per generation. You'd hit a wall eventually going through designs like that. Also see Pixar and their creative downfall.

But actually, Pokémon games still aren't my least favorite games or I wouldn't have bothered at all with that stupid Galarian Pokédex and its many tedious methods of evolutions. Call of Duty, Counterstrike, Apex Legends, etc. These multiplayers aren't even remotely enjoyable for me next to Pokémon. I get that there are gamers out there who like to flex their skills and hone their shooting prowess and whatnot, but man, it's just boring for me, trying to measure genitalia by seeing who could shoot better. I'd rather watch a YouTube video and learn something new about filmmaking. At least that's something productive I could use in real life. I guess there are those who apply their gaming skills to earn money in the competitive scene though, but I'm just not into that. It's like trying to earn money by being talented at singing or dancing (or just working really, really hard at it to get that one shot on the YouTube scene, hoping you'd get enough subs).

Speaking of multiplayers and e-sport, there's also League of Legends and the RTS games; another genre of games I dislike. Warcraft 3 and its lore are interesting enough, but I never really liked medieval stories. I'm more of a science fiction fellow, though I've never bothered with StarCraft; sci-fi that are too 'out there' is a turn-off for me too. I don't like stories set in space; it's just space with a bunch of stars. Most stories with aliens also tend to make them look like humanoids than actual aliens with bizarre body shapes. Also see MCU aliens and Guardians of the Galaxy.

Sandbox games can be a snooze for me. I lack imagination, so forcing me to try and come up with stories of my own with no one to tell about my stories in The Sims? Man, I'd be better off talking to myself. I don't even enjoy watching those sappy soap operas and you want me to recreate a soap opera in a video game? Because let's face it, getting your Sims a job and a relationship, that just sounds like soap opera material catered for 50 year old bachelors and bachelorettes too strung out to watch anything actually engaging. While sitting with their 50 cats. "Oh Dr. Drake Ramoray, he's actually your evil twin!"

Let's see, what else haven't I covered? Sandbox games, RTS, Pokémon... I've also refunded quite a lot of Steam "indie games" that got boring after 20 minutes. A lot of these management games feel mindless too. They feel like having a real job. I don't get games that force you to work a job as if I didn't get enough of that in real life. All I want to do is come home, bust open a cold one and enjoy my boob tube, and you want me to work again in a video game. :rolleyes: (Actually, part of that isn't true; I don't drink alcohol, so my 'cold one' is just Coke Zero)

Contra, Metroid, Super Mario, classic Doom, Diablo, all those retro games that require you to work hard and actually be good at something, no thanks too. I like my games to be relaxing. Yeah, I know I've pretty much pissed off half of the gaming community here, but I don't care. This is the Internet; I can say whatever I want. I don't like those games. Call me a tasteless hack who doesn't know better. I don't care. lol I live in like, one of the more remote parts of the world (though it's getting more attention over the recent years), so I doubt anyone would run into me on the street anyway and tell me my opinion stinks.

Last edited:
Probably AER memories of old. That game was a huge waste of time for me and I really did not like it. I can see how some people may think its nice and relaxing but it just felt meaningless to me, especially since the ending was so anticlimactic. I got it on sale because it had so many good reviews online but it was just not for me. I like lore, but I think this game had way too much background dialogue and not enough like action dialogue or action in general. It doesn't have to be literally action like violence/fighting but just something ya kno

Zach and Cody for the Nintendo DS. While it’s just another lousy licensed game, I still remember the disappointment of playing it. My 8 year old heart was shattered because I loved the sitcom growing up. Even at that age I could tell the game was rushed.

By far the worst game I have ever played was "Haunted Mansion" for Gamecube. Got it as a gift... and it was terrible in every way. No other game has ever come close. 0/10 would not recommend :ROFLMAO:

I have two games I'd consider my least favorite. The first one is Darkened Skye, otherwise known as the Skittles video game. It's just not a good game in the slightest and was a slog to try and get through. The second one is Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. I was looking forward to a sequel to Banjo-Tooie so much, and to have Nuts & Bolts deviate so far from a proper Banjo-Threeie made it impossible to ever like it.

Back