• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your least favorite video game?

CylieDanny

🔥The Spicy Prince🔥
Bells
Island
Fuggire
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Fortune Cookie
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
For me, I didn't really like Kingdom hearts two, for spoiler reasons, also wanted to toss Namine out the window really badly. She drove me crazy, and the ending just-ah, I don't like it. I was groaning the whole cut scene, and my boyfriend thought it was hilarious 😒

Also that dumb cut scene with the two girls running down the stairs, like prancing almost, as if wearing high heels. Kairi, I kinda felt was just the cut and paste best friend character, and that's all she had. Riku kinda too, I liked Roxas and Axel best. Kinda not much more then that. At least the girl in number of days had a bigger purpose

But then again, for spoiler reasons, I find it hard to like her too. Kinda hate a character who's kinda just there to be a love intetest, or to say the main guy liked this girl. At least have Kairi do something interesting, uhh.

Cool character (Besides Namine and Kairi) but I like Birth by Sleep way better. Also that number of days game.
--------------
But what game do you dislike the most?

Last edited:
I honestly hate Breath of the Wild. I don't like how they changed the mechanics for things like heart and eating food (it's weird) and breaking tools. Like why is the Master Sword "breakable"? It's the Master Sword! Also I never found the dungeons all that great. I just like the classic Zelda style a lot more. I was greatly disappointed, I remember being excited when I saw the teaser for the first time. But I understand that they were trying something different. I feel the same way with ACNH, except I don't exactly hate it, I'm just mad at a few mechanics.

I honestly hate Breath of the Wild. I don't like how they changed the mechanics for things like heart and eating food (it's weird) and breaking tools. Like why is the Master Sword "breakable"? It's the Master Sword! Also I never found the dungeons all that great. I just like the classic Zelda style a lot more. I was greatly disappointed, I remember being excited when I saw the teaser for the first time. But I understand that they were trying something different. I feel the same way with ACNH, except I don't exactly hate it, I'm just mad at a few mechanics.
A breakable master sword sounds really stupid, and frusterating

I really don't like sonic boom fire and ice. I remember when it came out (I was in 6th grade) that it got a lot of hate. I wanted to see why, so I went to gamestop and bought the game. After playing it for a bit, I could understand why it got so much hate. Everyone was weirdly very tall, they made knuckles buff for some reason, it just wasn't good. Or fun. Luckily I was able to get my 40 dollars back. I also don't like sonic boom shattered crystal, but not as much as fire and ice.
Moral of the story: check the critics before you buy a game or else you might end up like me, least I got a refund

I really don't like sonic boom fire and ice. I remember when it came out (I was in 6th grade) that it got a lot of hate. I wanted to see why, so I went to gamestop and bought the game. After playing it for a bit, I could understand why it got so much hate. Everyone was weirdly very tall, they made knuckles buff for some reason, it just wasn't good. Or fun. Luckily I was able to get my 40 dollars back. I also don't like sonic boom shattered crystal, but not as much as fire and ice.
Moral of the story: check the critics before you buy a game or else you might end up like me, least I got a refund
Oh I've heard that one was really weird. Then just from your explanation, it sounds even weirder

I’d say my least favorite that I’ve played was this game called Cubic Ninja. It’s a very obscure game and I’m not sure too many people have heard of it, but it’s pretty bad.

I’d say my least favorite that I’ve played was this game called Cubic Ninja. It’s a very obscure game and I’m not sure too many people have heard of it, but it’s pretty bad.
I'm curious from the very name of it, what's it about?

I'm curious from the very name of it, what's it about?
I think it was for the DS. All I remember is that it was a fighting game but the controls were difficult. It didn’t have a storyline which I think is important in games. You had to actually rotate the DS to control the character. It was annoying.

Pokemon X/Y. The controls were horrible (rollerskates ugh) and the camera angles were atrocious (Lumiose, anyone?). Your rivals were bland and uninteresting and having Mega Evolution being shoved down your throat was annoying. The town's music are forgettable as well as the elite four and gym leaders. I can't name one off the top of my head. I remember being so hyped for this game, only to be punched in the face. At the very least, some of the Pokemon's designs were nice, but that wasn't enough to save this sad excuse of a Pokemon game. In my opinion, it was the beginning of the downfall of Pokemon.

I think it was for the DS. All I remember is that it was a fighting game but the controls were difficult. It didn’t have a storyline which I think is important in games. You had to actually rotate the DS to control the character. It was annoying.
Haha, that definitely does sound pretty odd

Oh, yeah I've heard of that game! It was on some video on YouTube called top 10 worst Nintendo 3ds games

This is a tough one for me since I haven’t played too many games and some I did enjoy to a degree but found a lot of things disappointing which doesn’t always make me dislike a game (like I loved Dragon Age Inquisition even though there was so much I thought they could have done better with the game). And then there are some games I only played for a few minutes or half hour and then was like nope. Like I tried playing FFVII after beating VIII for the first time and I was just not into what I saw so far. I do want to try it again eventually. FFX-2 - the minute I saw the concert cutscene, I was like nope! Also was turned off by their new outfits (rikku and yuna used to be so cute and i know it was a new era in x-2 but i didn’t like their new look) and the fact you could make tidus come back depending on the ending you got. I liked X’s ending so that annoyed me.

Tales of Zestiria was pretty fun to play for the most part but didn’t care fo sorey and the dungeons were completely boring looking for me (or at least that is what I thought I felt; it has been a long time since I played it). Didn’t care for some of the character designs either. I did like Dezel and Edna a lot though :).

FFXV was good but end game dungeon was disappointing and boring and lots of plot holes for day one player. I still refuse to buy the dlc even though I want to get them. I just did not like their marketing technique i guess. there could be other ways to make money without making the story have holes in it. I guess I wouldn’t say this was least liked since I loved so many things about it.

Dragon Age II - for the longest time this was my number one disliked game but when I was active on bioware’s forums and part of the cullen fan group, hearing everyone’s different opinions helped change my perspective and i gave it another try and have appreciated the story and game since though some stuff (like alistair’s face) still turn me off 😅.

I hate scary games but when I was still friends with this one guy I did this complete playthrough of resident evil four and played some bloodbourne. The story of RE4 was interesting but too scary for me. Bloodbourne was fun but I am never going to finish it—not because I disliked it so much though.

I guess maybe Minecraft. That game made me nauseous after 30 minutes or less and I was terrible at it. It was kinda fun when I played it with someone but that’s it.

I was terrible at Don’t Starve too but I loved that one for the art style and it was fun.

two recent examples are cyberpunk and mario odyssey

cyberpunk i still feel like a clown for buying, that game really wasn't even my kind of thing, i just got caught up in the hype my friends had for it. i played about 2 hours of it and couldn't even get a refund from steam, because i had spent 2 hours just getting the game to sense my controller.

mario odyssey was a huge disappointment for me, i was really hyped for it at release, but i ended up finishing it over a weekend. i dont care much for collecting everything, i'd rather a challenge and sadly mario odyssey is very easy. i just ended up going back to mario 64 in the end lol.

they did serve as a good lesson of never buying into hype though, and why not to buy a full price game unless you're completely sure you'll love it, because if you don't you'll just feel cheated in the end

two recent examples are cyberpunk and mario odyssey

cyberpunk i still feel like a clown for buying, that game really wasn't even my kind of thing, i just got caught up in the hype my friends had for it. i played about 2 hours of it and couldn't even get a refund from steam, because i had spent 2 hours just getting the game to sense my controller.

mario odyssey was a huge disappointment for me, i was really hyped for it at release, but i ended up finishing it over a weekend. i dont care much for collecting everything, i'd rather a challenge and sadly mario odyssey is very easy. i just ended up going back to mario 64 in the end lol.

they did serve as a good lesson of never buying into hype though, and why not to buy a full price game unless you're completely sure you'll love it, because if you don't you'll just feel cheated in the end
Good motto! Nowadays, since most games are $90 at least, I try to do lots of research and watch gameplay videos of any game I'm interested in before purchasing. I can't afford to get burned nowadays in gaming.

Pokemon X/Y. The controls were horrible (rollerskates ugh) and the camera angles were atrocious (Lumiose, anyone?). Your rivals were bland and uninteresting and having Mega Evolution being shoved down your throat was annoying. The town's music are forgettable as well as the elite four and gym leaders. I can't name one off the top of my head. I remember being so hyped for this game, only to be punched in the face. At the very least, some of the Pokemon's designs were nice, but that wasn't enough to save this sad excuse of a Pokemon game. In my opinion, it was the beginning of the downfall of Pokemon.
Honestly though. I think I only play it because of nostalgia blindness. The only good thing that came out of that game was the gym leader battle theme and the team flare theme. (in my opinion, anyway.)

Which reminds me, I also hate Pokemon SW/SH. Another disappointment in a franchise I love. The Pokemon company is just shoving ways to make the game easier into the gameplay, and it's annoying. We already have Mega Evolution and Z-Crystals, why do we need gigantamax? It's so unnecessary. The new Pokemon were disappointing and the music is awful. Your rival is also a LITERAL, EXACT COPY of Hau's story and personality from the previous generation. Their name is literally 2 letters away from being the same. It's so stupid. Also, I can't turn off the EXP share? What's up with that? The starters were bad, they got rid of HMs (yes, S/M got rid of them, but at least they had something to replace it, SW/SH didn't), and the gameplay was just awful in my opinion. At least the gym mini-games were fun.

Probably Final Fantasy X (10). I've tried playing it a couple of times but never managed to get invested. The character designs just bugs me to no end, especially Tidus. It's horrible. And it's a shame too because I feel like there's probably a half decent game under that tacky surface.

Reactions: Neb
Probably Final Fantasy X (10). I've tried playing it a couple of times but never managed to get invested. The character designs just bugs me to no end, especially Tidus. It's horrible. And it's a shame too because I feel like there's probably a half decent game under that tacky surface.
Lmao was that "tackey" a pun? Tidus' face is basically Hideaki Takizawa lol.

For me FF started getting bad after that though. Especially that horrid XII port they did for DS I think it was.

But yeah generally anything elitist RTS or edgy indie stuff is definitely not for me.

The Persona series. I’ve tried playing them and didn’t care for any of them. Just not my thing.

Lmao was that "tackey" a pun? Tidus' face is basically Hideaki Takizawa lol.

For me FF started getting bad after that though. Especially that horrid XII port they did for DS I think it was.

But yeah generally anything elitist RTS or edgy indie stuff is definitely not for me.
Lol. No, no pun but that's actually really funny. Never heard about Takizawa or Tackey.

Yeah, I feel like PS1 was probably best era for Final Fantasy. For me at least.

I could just put FPS as least favorite by default since I can't play them without getting motion sickness.

Lol. No, no pun but that's actually really funny. Never heard about Takizawa or Tackey.

Yeah, I feel like PS1 was probably best era for Final Fantasy. For me at least.

I could just put FPS as least favorite by default since I can't play them without getting motion sickness.
Former singer/talent/etc. and member of Tackey & Tsubasa, now working for Johnny's Entertainment.

But on topic, yeah I didn't like how it turned XI and onwards since battle system changed even more than it did to X/X-2 etc.

Depends on the game and how the devs did camera, 3ps can be as bad aha.

Back