• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What's your favourite thing about Animal Crossing?

Kyle.
He's one of my favourite villagers because of my older sister. :) She loves him.
I just talked to him a second ago.

Designing! I have had many different towns and I love how none of them look the same and I had so much fun designing each one and landscaping them all. I like how you just can't get the same town more than once, so each time you are given something different to work with. It's why I haven't put the game down after almost 5 years!

My villagers! They're just so cute! And it's such a great creative outlet for the interior decorating and landscaping.

Customization and designing. Especially with QR, possibilities are literally infinite. The surreal and downright bizarre concept of living with animal villagers and influencing their lives is also just appealing :D The strange dialogue and character designs and lovely visual style tie it together.

Last edited:
Landscaping!

I wish that flowers, bush starts, saplings, and fertilizer were available for order from Timmy + Tommy.

Landscaping and interior decor. I love designing stuff and qr's are one of my favorite things to use :)

It's a combination of factors but I mostly enjoy expressing myself through customization and design in the game. I also really like receiving feedback on my town. I love when people visit my DA because I feel as if all the work has paid off when someone sees it or has fun in my town <3 I'm about to start a thread where I offer tbt/btb for da visits hahah it's definitely one of my favorite parts of the game.

You know that saying, "Go to your happy place"? I finally understood what that meant when I discovered Animal Crossing.

I love the relaxing gameplay after a long day at work, and the adorable characters! <3

Designing! I have had many different towns and I love how none of them look the same and I had so much fun designing each one and landscaping them all. I like how you just can't get the same town more than once, so each time you are given something different to work with. It's why I haven't put the game down after almost 5 years!

This is pretty much me to a tee.

The villagers...I love them so much and would love to move to a real AC town to just chill w any 10 villagers all day long, yes even ugly ones.

And that's why ACNL isn't my favorite AC game, quite frankly the dialogue sucks. I'm still attached to my villagers mainly for reasons I make up/headcanons. But in ACGC/ACWW their dialogue is fantastic and opens you up to their lives, and it's why I like them slightly more than New Leaf. My one for Switch is that it has lots of dialogue and good dialogue.

Back