• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What’s your favorite thing about your least favorite game, and your least favorite thing about your favorite game?

Favorite thing about my least favorite game? I can turn it off and never play it ever again!

Least favorite thing about my favorite games which is the Pokémon series? Zubat that know BOTH Supersonic and Confuse Ray. I mean WHO came up with the idea that Zubat should learn both moves so close to each other that in some caves every single Zubat knows both?!

My least favorite game is Majora's Mask 3D, but one thing I love about it is the save system. It's so much better and more convenient than the original's system. Plus, the saves actually persist as well, whereas in the original if you loaded a save and then turned the game off without saving again, you'd lose all progress made since the last time you reset the cycle using the Song of Time. The upgraded Song of Double Time allowing you to fast forward to a specific hour is also a great feature.

My favorite game of all time is the original Majora's Mask (N64/Virtual Console). My least favorite thing about that game would probably be the whole Zora eggs segment. It's not difficult, but it is very tedious especially if you don't have 4 bottles before starting that part, since it would require so much backtracking in that case. The save system is another issue as mentioned above, though I haven't had any real issues with it aside from a couple incidents years ago.

My least favorite game ever is Roblox. The game is just not good and filled with predators and five year olds. But if I have to give it some credit, I’d say that it’s kind of cool how you can basically make anything you want.

My favorite game ever might be New Leaf, and I think the worst thing about the game, while there’s other criticizable things, is that you can’t manually change your skin color. Why can’t you do this until New Horizons? I don’t think it would be that hard to implement.

I can’t answer this because I don’t think New Leaf is my favorite video game of all time.

Last edited:
I've had some time to think about this answer and I feel like I could probably give a slightly better response than previously.

Favorite game: Final Fantasy VII (original)
I love the story, the characters, and the combat of this game. It shows its age in a variety of ways, but I feel like the heart of the overall project still shines through, even if the passage of time has been perhaps more harsh to this game than any other in the series. But one thing I can not defend, and probably couldn't even in 1997, are the mini-games. The motorcycle chases, the snowboarding, the Chocobo racing. Nearly anything that doesn't involve traversing the overworld and engaging in turn-based battles are at best awkward and at worst completely broken. Anytime I find myself thrust into a new control setup in this game (especially in later ports), my entire body immediately tightens and I pray that it ends soon. I appreciate the ambition, but the game is far better without them.

Least favorite game: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
As with my last post, it's a little hard for me to think of a game that I outright despise enough to consider my least favorite game. There are certainly games I don't like that much, but it's hard to decide which games I dislike more amidst the sea of games I also hate. If I had to pick one, I think the fourth entry in the Ace Attorney series, Apollo Justice, comes the closest. Nonsensical plot, logically questionable puzzles, and.. well, that's mainly it. It's not only my least favorite in a series that I otherwise hold in high regard, it's a thoroughly miserable experience from beginning to end.

But I love the music of the game. It has some of the best tracks in the entire series. In addition, it introduces the character of Trucy Wright, who--while not terribly significant in the overall series--is one of my favorites. She's extremely cute, and while I think they could stand to do more with her, the backstory she's given is interesting enough as a basis. Please give Trucy her own game, Capcom.

i’ve never really paid attention to games I don’t care for so I can’t answer that part, but there are certain things from my favorite games that I hate.

In AC:NL - It would have to be the train getting in the way at times when you have to go to Main Street

In Miitopia - It would have to be sickness and wrong purchases

For justice for all i hated that circus case and franzika lol otherwise the original ace attorney trilogy was pretty solid shame we ain't getting any new game anytime soon

For persona 5 basically morgana existing like honestly even with royal, morgana can still be pretty annoying alot of the times and not helping either is the dialogue like persona 5's dialogue is the result of a botched localization and yeah persona 5 is not really my favorite jrpg these days

Back