• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's Your Favorite Anime?

danganronpa
tokyo ghoul
owari no seraph

10/10 recommend all of them (but refer to the manga when watching tokyo ghoul lol)

i don't enjoy animes with much cliches anymore so it's hard for me to get into things that are like how re:zero has the same tropes and guy with bloody nose, etc it gets kind of boring- but i am giving it more a try since i heard the cliches are part of his character for a reason.

Ugh, don't even get me started on those lame cliches. They often ruin stories more than actually help them. I especially hate when women in anime are overly sexualized when it doesn't even fit the story just so they can promote it to a specific audience

Ah, I thought they could've been related because of the similar art style but I didn't know they share the same author! Who's the author? They have good taste in stories haha! It's been a really long time since I've watched them all.. I don't watch anime anymore so my memory is a bit hazy. But I remember showing Air's sad ending to my friend, who never watched it (what a horrible thing to do to her lol), and she balled her eyes out so hard without even knowing the context or any of the characters. That's crazy sad writing if I'm being honest.

I never watched Angel Beats but I remember everyone being head over heels with it and it's opening!

well when i say author it was wrong lmao clannad and air as well as kanon were all visual novel games and they were developed by a company called KEY, so basically they're all by that company including another called little busters if you're familiar with those lolis~ angel beats definitely had an OST that slapped. and air was sad too!! i cant remembr anything about it tho but i thinnnkkkk it got a good ending somewhere?maybe? i cant remember lOl

- - - Post Merge - - -

Steins;Gate is easily my favourite anime. Nothing else really comes close, except maybe some Ghibli films.

Mushishi and Darker Than Black are anime series I also really love. Shiki is another that comes to mind, it's been ages since I watched it though.

i enjoyed the peacefulness that mushishi had to offer, though it wasn't always "peaceful" with all the mushi genki had to deal with but he somehow did it with such ease, it was just such an easy going interesting anime, very unique for sure. i also loved steins;gate as well. now getting into re:zero and tbh loving it LMAO. i hated how cliche it started off but the story is VERY GOOD and similar to steins with the constant do overs. the main character constantly starts over every time he does, and he's been dying a lot! lots of questions, little answers, big interesting :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

My favorite anime currently would be death parade. It starts off pretty intense, but mellows out as you get used to it. I'm not sure of the category of it. But basically people die, and they go to the 'afterlife' but before that they have to play games. Where they are revealing their 'true colors'. Some of these involve physical violence. Depending on your reaction to the game and the way you play it, depends if you go to heaven or 'hell' which is just the abyss. I like each characters personalities, they don't exactly conflict with one another but they have differing ideologies(?) to one another. But overall I'd give it a 9/10. Koe No Katachi is pretty good as well. :) (basically the anime man now, huh?)

i loved a silent voice!! (koe no katachi) it was very beautiful. i watched it with my bf but i was being a big loser that day and refused to cry and kind of.. ruined the touching experience of it LOL T-T i can be bad at expressing stuff when i watch anime. anyway it was good! i like how you explained death parade so it may be something i'll look into! i'm glad it's something your'e enjoying <3

- - - Post Merge - - -

In terms of series, Serial Experiments Lain and Paranoia Agent.

i'll have to look those up and see what they're about, the titles certainly sound pretty interesting tho! similar genre or feels?

edit: the art of lain looks VERY much like the art of Haibane Renmei which is one of my favorite anime of all time!! ok i checked and it's by the same person!! i'll definitely give that a try. if you havent tried haibane i definitely recommend it!

- - - Post Merge - - -

nice to see a couple of lain fans here. im not the biggest fan of anime as a whole but urusei yatsura holds a special place in my heart

not everyone enjoys it as a whole, but i do believe there's an anime for everyone!

Last edited:
Just gonna boop some few I love (no faves too many haha) My main love started with Ranma 1/2 in the late 90's early 00's as a child managed to get the VHS when those were around spent so much time rewatching them :') so HUGE nostalgia there LOVE it still <3 This was the one got me into anime <3 I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, .Hack //Sign <<fav MMO storyline (I still think SAO stole this lmao sorry), El Hazard was another I spent time watching and Slayers trilogy is amazing and great humor <3 So many classics I would love to go back and watch : ) I still love Shoujo romance top of them imo is Princess Tutu got recommended it some years ago and it was so beautiful :'D Also enjoy good Shounen basically any/all genre. some two ultimates would be FMA: BD (seen the original and still liked BD more) also Blood+ is terribly underrated I adore it <3

Plenty more animes to list but these are generally ones I saw growing up and some genres/series I love : D

Saw the post below needed to add I LOVE Umineko no Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, i'm always up for some amazing/unique horror recs haha o/ also I saw Jigoku Shoujo the first 1-2 seasons were enjoyable <3

Last edited:
danganronpa
tokyo ghoul
owari no seraph

10/10 recommend all of them (but refer to the manga when watching tokyo ghoul lol)

i've been meaning to try tokyo ghoul. i do like horrors but it's hard to find HORROR anime or weird/disturbing ones. owari is popular as i've seen it's name around a lot! and will do<3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ugh, don't even get me started on those lame cliches. They often ruin stories more than actually help them. I especially hate when women in anime are overly sexualized when it doesn't even fit the story just so they can promote it to a specific audience

i used to be a fan of perverted things like that but in anime these days, it just gets me annoyed because it's SOOOO overdone. like, can we stop now? lmao, i also am tired of school life anime so i try to watch things that offer more mature characters as i can't always relate anymore to 15-18 year olds lmao i'm tired of the same cliches of horny guy and dimwitted girl who with her boobs out but at the same time i sound like a hypocrite bc i collect anime figures and a lot are filled with big titty anime girls LMAO and are.. very lewd and sexualized but still. annoying for anime when you're trying to enjoy a good story and good characters. tho like i said re:zero started off that way but the story and characters are reaalllly getting to me. loving it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Just gonna boop some few I love (no faves too many haha) My main love started with Ranma 1/2 in the late 90's early 00's as a child managed to get the VHS when those were around spent so much time rewatching them :') so HUGE nostalgia there LOVE it still <3 This was the one got me into anime <3 I enjoyed Cowboy Bebop, .Hack //Sign <<fav MMO storyline (I still think SAO stole this lmao sorry), El Hazard was another I spent time watching and Slayers trilogy is amazing and great humor <3 So many classics I would love to go back and watch : ) I still love Shoujo romance top of them imo is Princess Tutu got recommended it some years ago and it was so beautiful :'D Also enjoy good Shounen basically any/all genre. some two ultimates would be FMA: BD (seen the original and still liked BD more) also Blood+ is terribly underrated I adore it <3

Plenty more animes to list but these are generally ones I saw growing up and some genres/series I love : D

Saw the post below needed to add I LOVE Umineko no Naku Koro Ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni, i'm always up for some amazing/unique horror recs haha o/ also I saw Jigoku Shoujo the first 1-2 seasons were enjoyable <3

you're adorable!! thanks for sharing!! i'll be checking those out! cowboy bepop is well known and well deserved of it's fanbase and dedicated love! ranma is also very popular! i never got into sao.. lmao idk why it just.. didn't look like something i'd wanna watch ;u; but i do love playing mmo's i'll look into these that you mentioned and yes blood plus is underrated! i enjoyed that anime very much as well! <3

you're adorable!! thanks for sharing!! i'll be checking those out! cowboy bepop is well known and well deserved of it's fanbase and dedicated love! ranma is also very popular! i never got into sao.. lmao idk why it just.. didn't look like something i'd wanna watch ;u; but i do love playing mmo's i'll look into these that you mentioned and yes blood plus is underrated! i enjoyed that anime very much as well! <3

Aaaaaa ty haha ;v; <3 and ofc always fun to share anime w/ others :'D ah yeah I highly recommend at least seeing about .hack//sign as that was overall an enjoyable and much more serious version of an MMO world : ) (had more drama/serious topics overall lol) and Slayers at least the first 1-3 series from I believe 90's to early 00's those were tbh so nonsensical and fabulous lol o/ Oh man glad to hear Ranma is still popular it's old but gold it'll never fade and my first crush was Ryoga haha <3 ;v; Oh yep SAO just never felt the same as .hack to me it was a bit too cliche haha ;; also lastly yes Blood+ I have seen maybe 2-3x every episode def. one I love binging <3

Do you want to fall in love with the main characters and then feel a pit so deep in your heart that you’ll never truly recover from it? Then Clannad is for you.

Do you want to fall in love with the main characters and then feel a pit so deep in your heart that you’ll never truly recover from it? Then Clannad is for you.

I think you also mean Plastic Memories, Angel Beats and Your lie in April

Last edited:
Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Full Moon Wo Sagashiite mainly because nostalgic purposes, it was my first anime ever c':

thats not a healthy way to describe anime characters because its inherently describing children in a very sexualised manner, from what ive seen theyre schoolgirls : (

sorry! didn't mean to offend. i'm definitely not sexualizing them and see them as kids for sure, but the creators who made them definitely made them for a /specific/ audience if you get my wording lol, i also think this is a very touchy subject that not many people can agree on but are not always entirely wrong/right either! they are school girls absolutely, but those characters specifically are certainly overly sexualized sadly so that term does apply to them imo

edit also: never watched little busters, only ever saw figurines of them selling so that's how i'm familiar with them and i also want to add, the term loli does not have a specific definition EXACTLY, though it is known to be used to describe anime girls that appear child-like in a sexual manner but not limited to that, it also is used more commonly (that i know of) to describe cutesy child like characters (that aren't even sexualized) it's a very loose term and i don't think it's a /wrong/ term DEPENDING on how it's being used. but as i stated it's a touchy subject esp to those who are very sensitive to these things. the anime world is a very strange one tbh i'd like to keep this thread free of those kinds of touchy discussions thanks! :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Full metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Full Moon Wo Sagashiite mainly because nostalgic purposes, it was my first anime ever c':

i think a lot of people loved FMA:B, i get recommended that anime a lot, even a few here but i never got around to trying it and i'm sure i'd love it too. aww, it's always nice when you remember your first anime- im really not sure what mine even was LOL other than.. stuff i saw on toonami probably

Last edited:
i've been meaning to try tokyo ghoul. i do like horrors but it's hard to find HORROR anime or weird/disturbing ones. owari is popular as i've seen it's name around a lot! and will do<3

oh my gosh YES and unlike some of those weirdo anime tokyo ghoul actually has an amazing storyline lol. the issue most ppl have with tokyo ghoul tho is how the anime strays from the manga (specifically in season 2). the manga is great but i have always preferred the anime myself :p

and YES owari no seraph is an underrated gem! it is SO good!! you should absolutely watch it. it usually hooks people on the first episode, same with tokyo ghoul :' )

oh my gosh YES and unlike some of those weirdo anime tokyo ghoul actually has an amazing storyline lol. the issue most ppl have with tokyo ghoul tho is how the anime strays from the manga (specifically in season 2). the manga is great but i have always preferred the anime myself :p

and YES owari no seraph is an underrated gem! it is SO good!! you should absolutely watch it. it usually hooks people on the first episode, same with tokyo ghoul :' )

i'll definitely give it a go!! i've seen it's popularity grow immensely so i'm sure that's all for a very good reason of course!! i'll try to read manga too but ngl.. i love reading actual manga and online.. well.. it ain't it chief lmao :^( but that requires that money so maybe in the future i'll start with the anime for sure tho <3 and yes i've seen owari around, the name mentioned, will see what that's all about as well!! <3

im aware that it is a term used a bit loosely and i appreciate the context. i respect ur wishes and im not going to try and steer this thread into a different direction or argue, its a word that makes me uncomfortable and is a trigger of mine which is why i tend to avoid anime/anime discussion. hope that u understand

im aware that it is a term used a bit loosely and i appreciate the context. i respect ur wishes and im not going to try and steer this thread into a different direction or argue, its a word that makes me uncomfortable and is a trigger of mine which is why i tend to avoid anime/anime discussion. hope that u understand

absolutely! thank you for letting me know that as well! i wasn't too familiar of it being heavily used in /that/ way so it's nice to know that so i can avoid it more often when i can <3 trying to keep this thread nice and clean!

The Tatami Galaxy. One of my all-time favorite anime, watched back then all episodes in a row, still re-watching it every now and then. Love the characters and music. Pop Team Epic and Good Luck Girl! are also pretty neat.

The Tatami Galaxy. One of my all-time favorite anime, watched back then all episodes in a row, still re-watching it every now and then. Love the characters and music. Pop Team Epic and Good Luck Girl! are also pretty neat.

i have a mutual on insta who loves pop team epic, i've seen the figures, nendoroids i think- they're soo cute and funny LOL i've never heard of tatami galaxy before but it definitely sounds interesting so i'd love to check it out for sure <3

Back