What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer not to have both Francine and Chrissy together. It's cute, but overrated at this point and it's not like they're going to pull a Shakespeare's if they're not together.

I prefer not to have both Francine and Chrissy together. It's cute, but overrated at this point and it's not like they're going to pull a Shakespeare's if they're not together.
Oh I agree a whole lot! I actually have a heavy preference towards Francine (Chrissy’s eyes make me feel weird lol) and I invited only Francine to my island. Absolutely no regrets, I love building her as her own character instead of tying her always with her twin. In my little island I made Francine and Willow best friends 🥹

That standard fantasy is ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Well ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ standardly boring. Le medieval magical empires fighting is a story told over & over & over again. Races like elves n wizards are cool on paper and i guess it's intentional to be consistent but it's less interesting for me to see them get locked into the exact same characteristics in different stories. The only exception that ive found to like is dungeon meshi but overall i've never been able to get into dnd because of how the genre is in general

I would much rather listen to a misled criticism of art that has something interesting to say or a “bad take” with interesting points, than someone saying the same popular opinion over. As long as the person isn’t being rude, I think people get way too set about wether someone likes something or not, instead of their actual argument. . If they can make an interesting point, I’d like to listen to them even if they misunderstood the work in a glaring way or missed something glaring

Now I’m not a picky eater, I eat most foods (except raisins, raisins are disgusting but that’s not unpopular at all lol) and while I would eat the foods I’ll mention below I have quite an unpopular opinion regarding them:
- I never understood why people love Krispy Kreme, the donuts are way too sweet even the classic glazed donuts taste pretty bad, I actually really prefer Dunkin Donuts any day!
- Pop Tarts are pretty disgusting, the most popular flavor which is strawberry tastes like cardboard and sugar…
- Takis! How can anyone eat more than one? It’s a crispy tortilla that is drenched in spices, I am fine eating one but I even that I cannot eat with a straight face.
- most people find it disgusting but I actually love Kraft cheese, I eat it everyday and I like to add it on other foods like eggs and ramen noodles, yeah my diet is definitely not the healthiest..

Now enough with food and on to video games:
- Open world games are pretty overrated! And this is coming from someone who LOVES open world games! I have played multiples of them and I have noticed something similar in all of them..they are pretty repetitive! There are ALWAYS empty areas that are more a waste of space than anything, you spend a lot of time just walking in said empty areas and when they aren’t empty they are occupied by the same few enemies and the same assets are repeated throughout the whole, don’t get me wrong I still love these type of games (I would actually LOVE an open world Metroid but that’s a topic for another day) but they are overrated because people often look at them as an upgrade for games to go open world but it’s not necessarily the truth. Now from experience I believe the best choice to go with is semi-open world! With each area acting like a huge stage and each area having unique assets and enemies, eliminating the usual repetitive aspect and the empty areas, that’s my my two cents here.

I've had Krispy Kreme donuts a couple times lately and I don't get what the hype was about? I was told they are the best donuts ever and that I could never go back but they were disappointing. The first time I thought I just got an old batch since they were kinda stale but after having them from different locations at different times, I can say that they don't live up to the hype. They're not bad or anything, just don't get why people think they're the best donuts ever.

I hate Lord of the Rings. It’s just so boring! Two and a half hours of watching a group of men trying to get rid of a ring? Oh please! Divorced women can do the same task and get it done in under 15 minutes and can actually get paid for getting rid of their rings! But you don’t see any movies showcasing that now do you?

I don't know if I (or anyone else) said this yet, but showering at night is MUCH better than showering in the morning. It's a great way to unwind, as the warm water makes me tired.

Also, why brush your teeth before breakfast? It makes more sense to brush them after.

Also, why brush your teeth before breakfast? It makes more sense to brush them after.
Very specific example here, but for a while after I started wearing a night guard because I grind my teeth at night, I'd brush my teeth right after taking it out in the morning to get rid of the weird mouth feeling. I'd still brush my teeth after breakfast ofc. It doesn't bother me anymore and now I just do after breakfast, but I can understand why people might do before and after.

--

I do not like hot dogs. Maybe the flavor profile is different because I use vegetarian alternatives, but I love both veggie sausage and bread, just never together.
Also I thought I didn't like PB&J sandwiches for years, but I actually just don't like purple grape jelly. A peanut butter sandwich with strawberry or raspberry jelly is far superior imo.

regular cow’s milk is disgusting, i don’t know how anybody drinks it plain. the flavor doesn’t taste good (to me at least) and i think almond and oat milk tastes a lot better even though i don’t get to drink it much. i think i said this before in the place your random thoughts thread so i am here reaffirming my hate for cow’s milk.

Roblox is horrible and just full of really annoying people. I really, really don’t get why people like it or how anyone over the age of eight could like it. No offense if you do like it. Gacha life also sucks. It’s just really cringe and I’m not sure how anyone could actually use it either. Except with Roblox I can kind of understand, but if anyone wants to explain what the appeal of Gacha life even is I’d love to hear it.

Roblox is horrible and just full of really annoying people. I really, really don’t get why people like it or how anyone over the age of eight could like it. No offense if you do like it. Gacha life also sucks. It’s just really cringe and I’m not sure how anyone could actually use it either. Except with Roblox I can kind of understand, but if anyone wants to explain what the appeal of Gacha life even is I’d love to hear it.
you're right, i joined roblox in 2016 and it fell off in the past 4 years imo. the time frame when they added ugc is when it got bad.

I have a few so I will put them here:

-I don't like spicy stuff. This has gotten me alot of judgment since I went to school in an area where hot chips and spicy things were popular and me not liking that stuff was yet another way I was different from other kids but I just can't take it! Even the stuff my mom calls 'mild' is too much for me. I just don't like the sensation of spice in my mouth.

-I don't like ketchup either, or any condiments really. I'm really sensitive to flavors and that stuff just overwhelms me. I remember I was on a field trip in middle school and some dude was judging me for having a plain cheese sandwich with no ketchup or anything, like dude, it's not your sandwich -_-

-I don't see the big deal about read receipts on texts and 'being left on read'. Like people can be busy and I don't mind waiting for a response. I don't feel like I need read receipts so I turn them off when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back