What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
as someone who's worked in a mall for about 8 years it's definitely exactly the same (save me)
I should clarify— when I say “kids randomly screaming” I don’t mean like in a tantrum way, I mean like, because they’re happy. It’s weird. I don’t know how else to explain it. I had these neighbors with kids who screamed constantly outside, starting at 7 am, but they were just playing. It’s…interesting.

I should clarify— when I say “kids randomly screaming” I don’t mean like in a tantrum way, I mean like, because they’re happy. It’s weird. I don’t know how else to explain it. I had these neighbors with kids who screamed constantly outside, starting at 7 am, but they were just playing. It’s…interesting.
Kids scream and don't realize how loud they're being. My parents had to tell us to quiet down and each time, we didn't think we were being loud. I don't blame the kids for it, the parents should be teaching how to have fun without disturbing other people. But of course these days looking out for others is a foreign concept sadly.

Kids scream and don't realize how loud they're being. My parents had to tell us to quiet down and each time, we didn't think we were being loud. I don't blame the kids for it, the parents should be teaching how to have fun without disturbing other people. But of course these days looking out for others is a foreign concept sadly.
I have always had this bizarre problem with the volume of my voice. I literally cannot tell if I’m being too loud or not. The volume of my voice just doesn’t seem to register with me properly. There is nothing wrong with my hearing and I can tell if something else is being too loud. Most people don’t fully understand that I can’t tell if I’m being too loud or not.

I have always had this bizarre problem with the volume of my voice. I literally cannot tell if I’m being too loud or not. The volume of my voice just doesn’t seem to register with me properly. There is nothing wrong with my hearing and I can tell if something else is being too loud. Most people don’t fully understand that I can’t tell if I’m being too loud or not.
I'm the same way! For some reason I have a hard time telling if I'm yelling (hence my parents always shushing me and telling me to not yell as a kid haha). I just naturally talk loud and even when I'm trying to be quiet, I end up still being louder than I want to be. I always appreciate it if people let me know and I'll gladly lower my voice. That's why I don't get mad about kids being kids. I just think that it's important to teach them to be aware of their volume.

Do you tend to feel like your ears are popped when they aren't? One would think it's blockage but my ears are clear (had them looked at). I feel like that could be a cause to overcompensate?

As an outsider looking in, Biden is the worst president the USA has had in modern history.

I do understand that could well be unpopular or controversial. That's why I am putting it in this thread. Don't pile-on me on here or weird private Discord servers over this ok? I'm not even American and cannot vote in your elections. You have nothing to worry about, it's just my opinion.

As an outsider looking in, Biden is the worst president the USA has had in modern history.

I do understand that could well be unpopular or controversial. That's why I am putting it in this thread. Don't pile-on me on here or weird private Discord servers over this ok? I'm not even American and cannot vote in your elections. You have nothing to worry about, it's just my opinion.
Ironically we werent even talking about you yesterday, but glad you're being mature about it : )

Yeah he's not great. Not sure he is the WORST, But likewise, Im just an outsider looking it.

Last edited:
Ironically I wasn't even talking about you yesterday, but glad you're being mature about it : )

Yeah he's not great. Not sure he is the WORST, But likewise, Im just an outsider looking it.
Ironically I wasn't even talking about you, but your mate was absolutely using misogynistic language towards me and saying spooky things about "monitoring" me which some of you were encouraging.

Glad we agree. Though I definitely think he is the worst.

Mod Note:
Last time we allowed a thread for sharing unpopular opinions it resulted in several big arguments that required hours of staff clean-up. Eventually, we made the decision to close it for the reasons outlined here. If there is any sign of this thread going the same way as that one we won't hesitate to lock it.

On a lighter note: Immortals Fenyx Rising is better than The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

As stated in Post #2 (quoted above), we would shut this thread down without hesitation if it proved to be too problematic or toxic to the community. We're choosing to close the thread now - indefinitely. It may return if a staff consensus is reached to reopen it, but at this time assume it is closed for good. Please do not try to remake this thread.

P.S. Immortals Fenyx Rising also beats The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom.

Salted popcorn is still better than sweet popcorn.

Fight me Mick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back