• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What’s the point of collectibles?

mangoe

luna from bitterswee <3
Bells
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
White Cosmos
White Pansy
White Lily
So, I have been seeing people asking for collectibles as payment a lot. I also see them pop up next to people’s names. What’s the point of buying them? Do they give you special items??? Or do they just look cool. I’m really confused ;-;

It's just cute. And some collectibles are from special events like easter egg hunts and the TBT Fair and it's nice to have those special ones to remind you of the fun you had! I didn't understand it either when I was new but when I participated in events and saw the collectibles for them, I really wanted to do well so I could afford them! It's such a weird thing but it's fun. It's just cute and maybe sentimental for people. My eggs are definitely very sentimental and my tbt fair patch too!

Some collectibles are more valuable than others and it allows us to have currency other sites don’t have. The collectibles make that currency valuable. We earn it by posting and participating on the forum which encourages us to get to know one another and grow as a community. They also give us an extra way to express ourselves based on what collectibles we display. At least that’s my take on it.

I guess that makes sense. I would much rather spend my tbt on diy recipes or marshal instead of collectibles tho.
good, more business for me :^)

but yeah just like everyone saying above, it's just for the looks haha

xedit: ok actually the biggest benefit is making friends with the other weirdos who are into sidebar pngs

Last edited:
sometimes I ask myself, why AM I collecting some 32x32 pngs that do literally nothing but look cool under your name...

Haha, I've started to become interested in collecting them too but I'm late to the party and don't know where to start! Plus with all the cool items you can buy on the forum that you can actually use in your games it's hard to commit that much TBT for a little icon.

I personally like collecting pretty pixels. Started with Neopets, then goSupermodel, then Gaiaonline, and now trying my best here too.

Back