• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's the last movie you've seen?

I probably should've waited since I figure it will probably end up on the Valentine's Day special of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs next month, but on Sunday night I decided to check out Possession (1981, director Andrzej Żuławski) since Shudder added it to their streaming selection this month, I saw people talking about it, and it's something I had heard about years ago and wanted to check out. Good movie.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish. It was pretty good. I also didn't know that apparently it's a sequel. The original movie came out in 2011!

Watched a 1978 animated version of Watership Down. Very good adaptation of the book but not for young children. Beautiful animation and score. Will watch The Plague Dogs soon, another movie based on a book by the same author. I hear it's pretty dark in nature, depicts some horrific scenes of animal cruelty. I'll probably not make it out without a tissue or two.

Last edited:
I just finished a Slovenian drama film called Sanremo, about an elderly couple living with dementia. It's not for everyone and the film has its shortcomings, but I really enjoyed it.

Watched Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery a few nights ago and really enjoyed it! I didn't even know there was another movie prior to this one but since it doesn't factor in to the story at all I was able to still enjoy the movie no problem. I loved the light hearted attituide and humor of it all.

Pride and Prejudice (2005)

I actually enjoyed it, a bit odd cutting I suppose but I also kinda got why they did it. Good stuff.

Joining the group that watched Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery. It was fun and enjoyable.

In theaters it was A Man Called Otto. I love Tom Hanks.

At home last night I watched Sherlock Holmes and the Whitechapel Vampire starring Matt Frewer.

In theaters, the last movie I watched was "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" with my friends. The movie was alright.

I watched Puss in Boots: The Last Wish in cinemas. The last time I went out to watch a movie like this was before Covid. It was really nice! I especially liked all the scenes with Death🐺!!

It has been so long, I couldn't tell you. I think the last time I watched a movie was somewhere in the first half of 2022. We usually watch series. I would like to see the new Avatar movie though. I probably won't see it unless it shows up on a streaming service sometime.

I watched Lady Chatterley's Lover on Netflix today. There were some differences from the book and they focused so much on the relationship between Lady Chatterley and Oliver that they excluded most of the subplots and other complexities going on outside of their romance. I still found it enjoyable for what it was, though. Read the book if you want depth. Watch the movie if you want a romance that flies in the face of societal hierarchy, but keep in mind it is definitely for mature audiences.
This is quite late, but I'm replying to this primarily to remind myself to read the book after I finish with my current reading, but also to thank you for the recommendation.

An Inn in Tokyo (1935)

Very, very good lil silent film from back in the days ❤️

also i love how chishu ryu is in literally every ozu movie lol!

Back