What's the last movie you've seen?

I've never seen any of the Thor movies. Are they any good?

I enjoyed them overall, though they're far from perfect

and ragnarok probably has the biggest "**** you" to everyone moment of the mcu, given what comes (literally) immediately after

Last edited:
Spider-Man: Far From Home. It was really good, saw it for my friend's birthday on Tuesday.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never seen any of the Thor movies. Are they any good?

ive only watched ragnarok but it was goooood i definitely reccommend watching. it leans towards a lot of comedy as well.

just watched gravity (2013). sooo beautiful. this one bit is messing with my head.

the new lion king on this past friday. as usual its critics have no taste, because they watch too many cartoons and don't know a thing about cgi or cinematography. they tie animal behavior and body language into the character, and unless your eq is really low, i have no idea how the characters look static or soulless. it's actually very clever and in some ways better being that much closer to the animal kingdom

also finally watched spiderverse. great rendition of ultimate earth and miles morales.

the lion king remake since my boyfriend loves beyonce (i cannot escape), and it was aight. loved the scenery shots more than anything, music was good in the beginning. didn't like how the song Be Prepared was arranged for this film or how the animals looked when they sang. kind of awkward and wasn't too engaging, so yeah. the movie was pretty at least.

during the gorge scene everyone in the theater was dead silent. some little girl in the seats behind us broke the silence with a quiet and sad, "hello...?" when simba found his dad. then the theater just cracked up. it sounded like she just learned to talk, so it was kinda adorable

Last edited:
Yesterday I watched Giratina and the Sky Warrior. I've never seen a Pokemon anime movie, but I really wanted to watch it since my favorite legendary is a big part of it. I really enjoyed it, and I appreciated all the little details that are faithful to the games, like how Giratina changes forms between the real and distortion worlds. Also Regigigas made an unprecedented but appreciated appearance.

Tomorrow I'm going to watch Toy Story 4 with my mom. I was planning on going alone but after bringing it up to my mom she said she really wanted to see it too. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and considering Toy Story is one of my favorite animated movie franchises it would be a disservice to myself to not watch it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

they tie animal behavior and body language into the character, and unless your eq is really low, i have no idea how the characters look static or soulless.

I know a lot of people who would disagree. The animals aren't lacking emotion, they fall terribly into the "uncanny valley" feeling. And it's really not difficult to understand how much emotion has been removed from the original. The realistic approach was not a good way to take this movie, but truthfully they shouldn't be remaking the old movies anyways. It's as if the classics don't exist anymore. If i want to see The Lion King I'm not going to waste my time seeing an unsettling "live action" remake.

Back