• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

what will your island theme be? do you have any plans for your island?

I'm planning to go with an island that gives off an ancient mountain forest sort of vibe! Lots of trees and bushes and greenery, lots of craggy rocks, ponds and little winding streams, nothing too modern looking or too brightly coloured, so it all stays very natural and feels almost overgrown! I'd also like to mix that with some spooky and fantasy elements! :blush:

I have two areas planned out that I really want to implement in my town - one being a residential area close to the beach similar to the one in the direct. Aside from that, I'm trying not to pre-plan as much, so I won't need to reset for hours when settling for a map.

I'm still sticking with my original fairy forest-type theme, but the new things shown in the direct have given me so many ideas about how I can implement that. There's gonna be an unhealthy amount of mushroom furniture in my town I can feel it

Also even though it doesn't totally fit my theme, the dino fossils outside are a game changer. My museum is gonna look SO cool

Well, the name of my island relates back to the moon and romance, so I'd like to think that's my theme. I don't really know what that means, other than that I'll have to play in the evenings most likely throughout the week.

I don't think New Horizons will have romantic bridges and such, but I think I'll choose the stone pathway for the moon theme. Not sure about the rest honestly, I think I want to go with wooden and pink choices, but I'll just build what's pretty.

I don't have a plan in mind but I do like the overgrown and natural look. I'll have some built up areas too, maybe like mini towns in different parts of the map. Since we can build on the beach it might be fun to build a seaside town and then have a tiered forest village using the cliffs up north.

I'll probably go with deep forestry, mystery, a bit dark/goth/punkish yet cute. ♥

Really going for rural and untouched backcountry on my island. I want most of the hubbub to be concentrated in a certain area, so that I can run free, collect bugs and materials, and just enjoy the peace. Once I eventually get those permits, I'll make a secret 'alcove' somewhere near the beach.

Bottom left, a warm grey lit town. Top left, a cold grey town. Top right, a natural place where you have to ascend stairs to get up to the cottages. Bottom right, a yellow-ish shopping district isolated by water.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can change the lanscape now.

I don't have a theme in mind yet but I really want my island to be full of greenery and lots of plants and flowers! I do have some specific things in mind which I want to build on my island :blush:

Doubt I'll have one. But time will show, and in the end I suppose my town will have developed it's own theme haha. ♡

I want my town to appear very natural/foresty/homey, kind of like Population Growing. That being said, I plan for there to be a bustling downtown by the Residential Center where I'll put the museum and Able Sisters.

I don't have a name yet...and I am really not sure yet. I don't think I will have a certain theme for my island, but I know I will decorate for the seasons that is for sure.

Hmmm as for plans...I want to make each of my villagers a yard with various furniture items depending on the villager. I used bushes in new leaf as fences so I am so excited to actually see fences in this game. Now my villagers can actually have a yard.

The path I may use the stone one, but idk I might end up designing me on so it will stand out more from other towns.

I love you can display the various things from the museum outside. I will for sure be doing that. I would also like the have some gyroids around my town. I never use them in my house because they never seem to fit in so I am sure outside I can find a use for them.

I plan on making the beach a cozy place to relax hopefully on a private beach. Beach towels, chairs, bonfire, and more. I think it could be a nice little spot.

For my house...I want to live maybe on the third level with just my house and maybe one other villager (Beau) on the same level. I want my house to be near a waterfall. I love the sound and great spot for fishing.

My villager houses I want to be evenly spread out with maybe two together in each spot.

Back to my house. The interior I want to do something different than in past games. In past games I collect every piece from a furniture set and display it in one room. I want to actually be creative in this game and mix match my furniture ion my house. I see so many amazing player houses with mixed furniture and it looks so much better.

I have so many ideas, but this post is already so long lol. So I will stop for now.

Now that they've all but confirmed an increased character limit for naming our towns/islands, I'll be going full Daguerreo from FFIX with my island. Lots of waterfalls, hidden areas, outside bookcases and hammocks for outdoor studying/reading. Also pretty sure I will be making the museum the focal point of the island.

Ohmigosh, I can't wait!!!

Last edited:
I don't know what my entire island's theme will be. I've always kind of left my towns alone. I've never had paths and strict flower gardens and orchards in previous games. I don't think that'll change too much. I plan on using the new path feature, but I don't want to force down a grid pattern or anything.

I'm going to be placing things down that I like, so that'll be a kind of woodsy/whimsical/cute vibe. I plan on kind of setting aside areas for certain things, (In the direct there was a sandpit/playground kinda of thing. Something like that.) but once again the path system will be sort of... spaghetti-y.

In a way I think this is influenced by my real life town. Where I'm from, our roads aren't on a grid or anything really.

This may make me sound weird, but I always love the rivers and ponds. I may make more of those. The river having more branches would be great.

I still don't know the kind of paths I want. I like the dirt and I like the brick...

I think I'm going to do a boho-witchy theme, if I can manage to make it look a way that I like. Heavily wooded lakes and woods/orchards with clearings and decor. I don't really make plans, but I have a rough blueprint in my head for it :)

I don't plan things out. I'm bad at it! So, I decided I'll just go with the flow! See what happens. :3 If I get a whole theme outta it, it's by pure chance, not expected, but very much welcomed. x3

I usually start full of ideas and then as the game goes by, everything changes and I just go with the flow :p
But as of now, I really want to try terraforming to make lots of lakes and waterfalls and bridges to cross them, probably stone paths. If I can put lotus flowers in the water, it would be amazing!

I'm thinking of doing a lush garden themed island with lots of individual gardens for my villagers and keeping lots of the wild flowers.

Lots of flowers lmao

I do plan on having two characters towards the back of my town though that would be like madoka magica.... One a magical girl and one a witch :p

I?m going to do a yellow theme for my island. I?m thinking yellow flowers, lots of yellow decor etc. i might stay in the tent permanently?

Back