what will your island theme be? do you have any plans for your island?

popstar

Bells
so after the direct today.. seeing how customisable basically everything is, including the whole island and furniture, what do you think your island themes will be? what items do you think you'll be placing? which kind of path, if any, will you be using? :)

i saw a player placing dinosaur bones outside next to the museum, will you be proudly displaying anything outside the museum as well?

i'm leaning towards a cottagecore theme with mainly pastel colours, that new purple and blue bear cub would be perfect! they are so cute!
i'm planning on using the dirt path or using a custom dirt pattern with flowers or something along the edge of the path.. and for items, mainly white and light coloured wood and log items
and honestly i might put some vending machines up near the main building areas, to supply snacks and drinks for everyone on the island! :D

my island name will be apricity, which means “warmth of the sun” which i think is fitting for a spring release :3

as for the theme of my island, i’ve always had difficulty sticking to one theme so i’m thinking that each layer of my island will have a character and a specific theme so that i can have 3 themes on 1 island c:

but i have a bunch of room ideas so i guess i just need to figure out the landscaping aspect aha

my island name will be apricity, which means “warmth of the sun” which i think is fitting for a spring release :3

as for the theme of my island, i’ve always had difficulty sticking to one theme so i’m thinking that each layer of my island will have a character and a specific theme so that i can have 3 themes on 1 island c:

but i have a bunch of room ideas so i guess i just need to figure out the landscaping aspect aha

that sounds really cute!! i'm finding it difficult to stick to just one theme as well honestly, the different layers and different themes is a good idea, i think it would be nice to have a mix of themes, even if it's just a few :D less opportunities to get bored!

I'd like mine to be pastel and cutesy as possible but I'm gonna also go all out for holidays. Might not happen until next year though, as I expect we'll have to play through holidays to get items themed around it x)

My boyfriend is really set on making a resort, which I think will be a pretty decent theme. He's very excited about it, it'll be his first Animal Crossing game and after the direct today he's just about as hyped as I am for this.

I had a whole whimsical theme planned out but once I saw more details in the direct I’m undecided. :(

I kind of want to make it similar in theme to my NL town (kind of like a sister town?), so a cute and slightly celestial/magical theme <3

everything we've seen so far caters to my suburban HOA neighborhood dreams, but i kind of want to go feral and make a fully foresty town. but thinking now, it seems like i won't necessarily have a legitimate theme, i'll probably just go with whatever looks good. none of what we've been shown now seems theme-y but that may be because they wanted the advertisements and stuff to appeal to everyone. i just really want a nice looking town, so i guess i'll say that's my theme.

I don't think I'll have a theme for my island but I've already got mood boards for all 8 of my characters. I got too excited and scrolled through moridb taking screenshots of items I liked. I need it to be March 20th right now!

I've got some ideas for little areas though. Like a little fairy glen surrounded by cliffs with the light up mushrooms and I'm going to have a player living nearby that takes care of it. A fishmonger by the docks with lobster tanks outside.

I'll probably have a sort of rural area with farms and hybrid gardens and then a little town square with a few shops and houses. I'm really excited to use the wheat field item outside

I’m going with a Bruja, witchy, Santaria vibe to embrace my latina heritage. :) With some whims of fantasy. Maybe a dinner table with a tea set in the middle of a forest, wonderland vibes. I want it to be magical!

Last edited:
Both lush and desolate.

I hope dead trees are still a thing when you let perfect fruit trees die.

Special stumps too!

No plans. I generally like to see what options are available to me in the game before deciding customization things.

Though NOW my husband is seriously considering playing with me (apparently the idea of local co-op makes it more interesting sounding to him) so if he actually does, then it gets more complicated since we'll have to decide on the island's evolution together.

i didn't make any plans because we saw so little of the game that i was like, i didn't want to get hyped about something i wanted to do just to find out it was impossible, but after watching the direct omggg,,, you can do like basically anything it looks like. so now i gotta think really hard about what i really want.

No plans. I generally like to see what options are available to me in the game before deciding customization things.

Though NOW my husband is seriously considering playing with me (apparently the idea of local co-op makes it more interesting sounding to him) so if he actually does, then it gets more complicated since we'll have to decide on the island's evolution together.

That would be an awesome experience for both of you.

Back