• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What was your favorite way to earn bells?

A popular one, but catching a bunch of beetles and sharks late at night on tortimer island! I remember spending numerous nights and literal hours going back and forth to Re-tail to offload the exotic critters for lots of bells. I may be remembering it wrong, but one trip from tortimer island with a full basket and bell boom ordinance in effect would net me roughly a million bells. That's how it helped me get the gold badge bellionaire for saving up 100 million bells.

i was never into turnips because i could never consistently track the market in my game. i would always forget to check prices so i gave up on that quickly. my favorite was always going to the island and catching exotic bugs :)

I love going over to Tortimer's Island and going back will a full inventory of items to sell at T & T Mart. However, if I'm unsure if I have donated something I will go over and check with Blathers first.

Screenshot 2023-06-18 12.22.10.png

I did sometimes catch bugs and such, but I got so irritated when they flew away; so fossils were the one I always sold to Reese. Still do in New Horizons.

Farming rare beetles and fish on Tortimer’s Island was always my favourite way to earn bells as well! It was one of my favourite things to do in New Leaf in general. I loved spending 2-3 hours on the island almost every night, just relaxing and catching bugs/fish. The bells I’d earn from my haul were just an added bonus!

Definitely catching beetles/sharks on the island. Besides that just selling lots of perfect fruits and extra furnitures and stuff. I kept forgetting about my turnips

Back