• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What toppings don't belong on pizza?

I've yet to meet a pizza topping I don't like, but that's mostly because I stick with my safe choices that I know I like. For normal red sauce pizzas, I stick with either plain cheese (extra sometimes) or include jalapeños; I don't eat red meat anymore but I used to like the taste of pepperoni, and the other meat options I've had in the past like Italian sausage or bacon were also good. When it comes to the white Garlic Parmesan sauce that I get from Pizza Hut or Dominos, I top that with chicken and jalapeño and it's fantastic.

I dislike the idea of pineapple on pizza on principle, but I've not yet tried it and can't give it a fair assessment until I try a slice someday.

Literally everything aside from pineapple. Pineapple makes pizza somewhat tolerable. I have to be in the mood to eat pizza and in my opinion, it's not this god tier food people say it is.

Sardines or any fish. Pineapple just because I hate pineapple.

Fish or a carb like potatoes do not belong on pizza. I can't imagine any pizza with those that taste good or taste like it belongs.

I'm good with any toppings on pizza. The thing that I think is getting weird is when they put other sauces on the pizza. Like pizza made with ranch for example. I feel like it's deviating too far away from pizza at that point.

i’m not one to tell other people what they should or shouldn’t put on their food— i’ve always just liked pepperoni, red onions, green bell peppers and mushrooms as my pizza toppings, but all the power to those who like more or other toppings!

that being said, i’ve seen people put bananas (not on a dessert pizza), canned tuna, and watermelon on their pizzas, and like… you do you, but literally what is the reason 😭 i’m a big believer that fruit should only go on dessert pizzas, and that seafood has no business being on pizza at all— but then again, i don’t like seafood, so i’m biased 🤣

onions but that's just because onions are a disgusting abomination that deserve death

I haven't seen many weird pizza combinations. I love pineapple on pizza but haven't had it in a long time. If I had to choose, I'd say seafood. Even though I love it by itself, the flavors would likely seep into the slice (like they do with onions, blegh) and seafood bread sounds gross. 🙃

now ima go hide before the onion lovers come get me

I’m not a fan of black olives, anchovies, or pineapples. (sorry to all the pineapple lovers out there 😅)

anything with fish! i enjoy seafood so much but i cant mix it with pizza at all. they must be separated and consumed on their own.

for me, any kind of leafy green other than spinach. because it just gets all wilty, soggy, and weird. like BLT pizzas- as MUCH as i love them, the lettuce has to go on like RIGHT before serving otherwise its just WEIRD to eat.

for me? HAM, sausages, any meat except peperoni and bacon lol most meat is just disgusting to me and I can't stand the texture, biting into a cheesy pizza and getting some chewy sausage.. 🤢no thx

I can't handle those meat lovers pizzas. Too many different meats without anything to balance it out

Let's see...

1. Fish
Any kind of fish. Now this isn't counting shrimp or crab meat which I have had one pizzas and were very delicious! Fish in my opinion just doesn't belong.

2. Corn
I've had pizza with corn on it. Let's just say I never got those pizzas again.

3. Anything sweet other than pineapple. Yes, pineapple belongs on pizza! The sour works great with the saltiness of the cheese. However, some sweet things, like chocolate, are better on their own or in a dessert dish. I know dessert pizzas exist I but ask...why? Why not just have a pie instead? Or cake? Or a tart?

Ok, my mind goes straight to fish, fish on pizza. But as grosd as it sounds, Ive nevwr had it. So it could be really good. But I highly doubt it.

No, my mind goes right to black olives, as Ive said in a different post, I dont like olives at all. So please no black olives or any olives on my pizza.

I honestly don't think there's any topping that just straight out does not belong on pizza. It's important to consider that there are different types of pizza sauce, types of cheese, and etc. that impact the flavor as well, so some pizza toppings taste better with different sauce, different cheese and etc.

But I absolutely detest bell peppers and onions on pizza. They're both things I enjoy individually and on other foods--even foods with similar ingredients!!--but for some reason, they just destroy pizza.

Anchovies, I just don’t like those lil fishes so they don’t belong anywhere. Though maybe whale shark would like them.
Post automatically merged:

I’d forgot about those but fully support this!
I was gonna say Anchovies also I will not order a pizza if there is some on it haha

If you would ever put broccoli on pizza, you need to be locked up and put on a watchlist 🤮.

No toppings belong on my pizza. I only eat cheese pizza.

But I don't care what others put on their pizzas. Do whatever you want.

Back