• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

What series are you currently watching?

i started watching the mandalorian after getting it recommended by a few friends, and i'm really enjoying it so far. it's very unlike how i imagined it - i thought it'd be a fun action romp. instead it's full of slow scenes, few characters and long segments without dialogue. very sergio leone-esque.

I have been watching Altered Carbon. I also watched the first episode of The Gilded Age but I'm not sure if I'm going to continue it. It was a little slow even for my taste.

Finished Hit Monkey today, didn't know anything about the series going in but gave it a go anyway. It was a great, fun time! Hopefully there will be a second season

I finished All of Us are Dead and am moving on to finishing up Food Wars, which I stopped watching a while ago!! I'm also watching a few episodes of One Piece here and there.

Euphoria: I desperately want this show to be good lol... It really suffers from lack of writers. I'm glad people's blinders have come off and the Euphoria High memes have taken off because I want high schoolers to know it's not representative of the high school experience. It's some 30-something-year-old straight white man's fantasy.

Foundation: Visually beautiful but boring show. I find it hard to care about any of the characters and the plot is convoluted and slow-paced. It keeps jumping around to different points of time so it's hard to keep everything straight.

The current season of 90 Day Fiance: Before the 90 Days. Current season of Sister Wives too. Guilty pleasure shows lol...

Started Ozark last night, not sure how far I'll go...not usually a type of show I get into but we'll see.
Watching All Of Us Are Dead on netflix which I've been enjoying but have to wait for partner's days off to finish.

Just finished watching on Netflix the 16-episode Korean crime series Taxi Driver. Had a blast! Great action scenes. Loved the plot twists. Satisfying end. I cared about the cast of flawed characters a lot. This is the first time I'm seeing something starring Lee Je-hoon but I think I will watch whatever I can find of his older work now. He's a fantastic actor. Good range. He can be badass-cool one minute and goofy-funny the next. (Manly man, all of 37 years old and not one of those super cute ex-boy band types that are young enough to be my children. 😅 )

Also All Of Us Are Dead! This Korean zombie series was so entertaining, I'm re-watching it. First time I watched it in Korean, now I'm re-watching in Japanese. (I understand some Japanese. I understand zero Korean. Thank goodness for subtitles.) 🤪

started watching sono bisque doll and I quite like it so far! it's so pretty and beautifully animated. we need more characters like marin hehe shes got such a refreshing personality.

also working my way through neon genesis evangelion with my bf c: I don't normally like mecha anime but I'm pleasantly surprised. it's quite intriguing 🤔

I finished Altered Carbon today. It's a little disappointing that season 3 got cancelled because I was enjoying the show, but I'm glad that each season resolved it's central conflict so I wasn't left with any major cliffhangers. I especially loved the character of Poe.

I'm currently rewatching Sweet Tooth! I also stared watching the "adaptation" of Cuphead, which brings a lot of nostalgia for the way cartoon animations used to be.

Also, while looking for which platform had the old seasons of Master Chef, I found out Motherland: Forth Salem came out with a second season last year! (I'm so behind lol) Can't wait to start watching it!!

I finished watching season 1 of The Legend of Vox Machina. This show turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be going into it. The action and story-telling were both good and it had just the right amount of humor, although much of the humor was crude and for a mature audience. I'm excited for season 2 now.

Today I started watching the Watchmen series and I'm liking that so far too.

Back