• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What other games do you play other than animal crossing?

The Story of Seasons games
All the Pokemon games
The Sims 4
Some of the LEGO games, especially Harry Potter LEGO and Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit LEGO games
I can't really say I've played it, but Skyrim, I bought a copy for my Xbox One recently and want to start playing it soon
Grand Theft Auto
Alan Wake
Fantasy Life
Yonder
Minecraft
Zelda
The older WWE Smackdown vs Raw videogames, I haven't tried out any of the newer ones, the last ones I played were 2006, 2007

and some indie titles:
Stardew Valley
Graveyard Keeper
Cattails
Calico
Littlewood

Tons, really. Alright, here we go:
  • Super Mario series (the RPGs (Legend Of The Seven Stars, Superstar Saga, etc.), Kart, Party, 64 DS, and only occasionally the Bros. ones);
  • Pokémon (especially the main RPGs, but I haven't played this in ages, and I really should lol);
  • Pikmin (only played the first game, but deffo need to purchase the next two lol);
  • WarioWare (I have a complete collection of its installments so far);
  • Mother/EarthBound trilogy (and occasionally Mother 2 hacks like Radiation's Halloween Hack as well);
  • Among Us;
  • Katamari Damacy Reroll (only just downloaded it, it's difficult but fun too);
  • Untitled Goose Game;
  • most likely tons more too 🤭
and I'm still longing to play Rollercoaster Tycoon again after not having done that in about 8 years, too. I'll be getting a digital copy of the first one from a relative anytime soon... it's so nostalgic, as well as such an amazing way to use your creative imagination as long as you don't have the time to actually visit real amusement parks! (Or if they're still closed since the current pandemic is still ongoing 🙄 stay determined, you all!)

Only very occasionally:
  • Yume Nikki (from 2004 since it's one of the few free Steam games, unlike 'Dream Diary', its 2018 reboot);
  • the old and free Baldi's Basics installments;
  • retro Lego games like Stunt Rally;
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids;
  • Undertale;
  • Deltarune;
  • Pinball;
  • Microsoft Solitaire Collection;
  • Microsoft Minesweeper;
  • the free version of Scribble It;
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee or for 3DS
and probably a few more that I cannot remember, too. :p

I play sports video games. My favorites are the NHL games and the NCAA Football games. The college football games are way better than Madden in my opinion.

I tend to play more smash ultimate than anything else. I love the selection of characters, stages and music. It was one of the ways I got interested in Pokémon.

Oh boy, there's a lot of games I play aside from AC.
  • Code: Realize + fandiscs - Who would've guessed! Since it's on my family's shared PS4, I actually get the opportunity to play this one much less often than I'd like. ;v;
  • Dragon Quest main series - Played all except VII and VIII (and X of course, but holding out hope for an English release of the upcoming offline version!), currently playing XI S! Planning to replay IV on mobile and VI as well, though VI might have to wait until after I play VII and VIII.
  • Fall Guys - I try to play at least a little bit daily! It's cute and I like collecting costumes.
  • Minecraft - On and off; playing on Java edition.
  • Minecraft Dungeons - Fairly casually/single-player only. Currently working on the Howling Peaks DLC.
  • Pokemon main series - Super guilty of starting these and never finishing, but I will... eventually... I currently have Platinum, HeartGold, Black and White, White 2, X and Y, Omega Ruby, Ultra Sun, and Let's Go, Eevee! Planning to get Shield at some point too.
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series - Loved Explorers of Sky and Super Mystery Dungeon, didn't care for Gates to Infinity, and currently playing Blue Rescue Team. I'll definitely be getting DX as well.
  • Rune Factory 4 Special - On Arc 3 currently! I really like it and I'm planning on doing multiple playthroughs.
  • Slime Rancher - Haven't played in a while though, mainly just waiting/hoping for more updates.
  • Undertale - Played years ago on Steam, got the Switch version when it was on anniversary sale and I'm planning on replaying it sooner or later!

animal crossing really is an outlier in terms of what i play, i mostly play action games (yakuza, fallen order, nier) RPGs (trails, xenoblade, persona) and anything else that really interests me (NHL, resident evil, wolfenstein).

Last edited:
i like RPGs (funnily enough i don't like turn-based combat, but most of the RPGs i play are turn-based) and life sims (especially the farming sim genre), so outside of animal crossing i tend to play a lot of things like...
  • story of seasons / harvest moon
  • rune factory
  • the sims (2, preferably, but i have all 4 eras)
  • legend of zelda (...botw mostly)
  • stardew valley
  • fire emblem
  • pokemon, both the main series & just about any of the spinoffs. i really like gens 4 + 5, spinoffs (like PMD and the ranger games) included lol
  • undertale
i'll also play just about anything if i get to play it with friends, so i play a lot of roblox (yes, roblox) and don't starve together with my one group chat 😅

I haven’t played too many recently, but I generally lean towarda RPGs/JRPGS—anything that really has a solid story. FFX, Dragon Age Origins, Shadow Hearts 1 & 2 are my favorites as well as the Metal Gear Solid series, not Peacewalker though or Ground Zero. I hope to eventually finish playing FFXII since I love the story and Gabranth and Balthier are so fine 🥰.

I used to like Tekken and Soul Calibur, but being bad at combos already (I like to think I am good with Jun and Asuka though), them introducing ultra moves killed it for me when playing online the few times I did since I could not do a single one :/.

I did use to like Overwatch but I got fed up eith my teammates on competitve who only attacked and never defended and the toxic ones that spammed good job.

I like Mmos - I played vanilla wow to the panda expansion and catacylsm, (with breaks between), but too much drama and cliques in guilds. I also used to play Eso but again drama and, honestly, I never liked how any of the characters or really anything looked in the game. I liked the furniture though. My computer couldn’t handle WoW and lost interest and had no time so quit officially in 2012. I miss my mounts and pets still though.

I liked some of the earlier Assassin Creed games but got tired of how fast they kept releasing them and lost interest. Origins was too stressful from the bit i played and the world was too open. I was overwhelmed when I tried to play.

I think I won’t play the next Dragon Age since my favorite writer of the team quit and I still need to finish Inquisition’s dlc (may never at this rate) and I didn’t like some decisions that were made for Inquisition (and the mount movement was really..bad. Idk if it is just me since I took horseback riding lessons and the movement and jumps felt unnatural and they didn’t seem significantly fast either).

Right now, asides from ACNH, I'm mainly focused on Genshin and Bandori. I haven't had the leisure to play story-heavy games this semester (the last one I played was Danganronpa V3 which was like a month ago), but if I had the time I'd probably continue Spiritfarer. Oh, I occasionally play MK8DX too, I'm just too lazy to switch out the cartridge.

Night in the Woods, is the only other game I've been playing besides this one as of recently

In general I play alot of Pokemon, mainly Pokemon Go, I recently finished Alpha Saphire

I also enjoy playing gamecube games based on movies, for fun 😅

Last edited:
I've barely been able to play many video games lately but when my kids give me free time, other than acnh I love playing monster hunter rise with my husband! And really love playing stardew valley!

Story of seasons/Harvest moon (playing trio of towns atm)
Sims 3
Stardew Valley
Katamari Damacy

Aside from ACNH, i play Genshin Impact, Idolish7, Ensemble Stars Music/Basic, Helios Rising Heroes, Argonavis AASide, Mahoyaku, Utapri Shining Live, etc. (A lot of Japanese rhythm/idol raising games)

I play Hades, Subnautica, Raji an ancient epic, Roki, Spirit farer, Cozy grove, Pokemon, Luigis mansion, and Mario kart!

RDR2, Overwatch, Story of Seasons: Pioneers of Olive Town, SSBU, and old school SNES games like Donkey Kong series, Lip tetris, and others haha

I occasionally play my old-school Pokempn games on the 3DS at times too! I really don't play too much anymore though.

I play a whole bunch of games from farming stuff like Stardew to Soulslikes like Code Vein and well, actual Dark Souls, some Metroidvania like Bloodstained and Vigil: the Longest Night, lots of puzzle games (SO excited for Tandem: A Tale of Shadows) to more basic hidden object games, story platformers where the platforming isn't punishing, love me some Megaman style 20XX and 30XX, and lots of horror from Resident Evil to the upcoming Alisa. I don't play sports games or RTS games. I am beyond trash at real-time strategy. I failed the tutorial level for Age of Wonders, TWICE 😆

I was talking to someone about my all-time favourite games yesterday.

At the moment, I'm mainly playing:
Animal Crossing
Pokemon Sword
Super Mario Party
It Takes Two (I just finished this, and I'm sad about it! I played it local couch co-op. If you have someone to play with, I highly recommend! I think you can play online co-op, but I think it would be difficult.)

Traditionally though, I've mostly played RPGs:
Dragon Age (all), Skyrim, God of War, Diablo (all), Fable, World of Warcraft, ESO. I don't play MMOs anymore though; they're too time-consuming.

My absolute favourite games of all time are Portal 2 and Dragon Age 2 (the whole DA series really, but if I order them by favourite it's 2, 1, 3). I love and miss Portal so much. 😭 I can't believe Portal 2 is ten years old. 😱

At the moment, I'm looking forward to the new Pokemon releases, Mario Party Superstars and Diablo 4. With a little apprehension, I am one day looking forward to Dragon Age 4.

Sorry for the ramble!

I play:
-Pokemon Main Series and Spin Offs (Mystery Dungeon are my favorite spin Offs)
-Legend Of Zelda
-Mario (Mostly Spin Offs) Haven't played main series in a while
-Sonic The Hedgehog
-Megaman (Original,X,and Zero)
-Kirby
-Super Smash Bros
-Marvel VS Capcom (2 Is my favorite even though I was 2 years old when it came out lmao)
-Fire Emblem
-Monster Hunter
I think that's a good amount :)

Back