• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What made you play Animal Crossing New Leaf?

I started out playing City Folk. I got it shortly after its release, not knowing what it was. I was hooked to say the least, and I played it for years. So when New Leaf was announced, I was so excited. I got it on release day and I've been playing ever since.

I started playing Wild World and City Folk in 2010, and I became very active in 2011 around E3.
I also got a 3DS for my birthday that year, so naturally I was going to be excited.
I was hooked throughout 2013. Unfortunately in December, my save nearly corrupted, which scared me out of playing for an embarrassingly long period of time. I resumed playing regularly in early 2015, and I'm so excited for AC Switch!

I?ve only played Animal Crossing (2001) on the GameCube out of the Animal Crossing series before I played AC:NL on the 3DS. I played AC almost everyday as a kid during vacation time from school. Ye, nostalgia was a huge factor and that was how AC:NL became the first game purchased for the 3DS. I missed fishing and donating to the museum for the fun facts about the displays!

Last edited:
I saw my friends playing it after school on their 3ds'. I was weary I wouldn't like it at first,but now my town is better than theirs so hahaha!!ヽ( ? ∇ ` )ノ

What made you play Animal Crossing New Leaf?

I previously played ?Animal Crossing: City Folk.? I could not keep up with it. I was slow to get WiFi; did not understand connecting it.

I found out about ?Animal Crossing: New Leaf,? read the description of the game, and decided it sounds interesting. I did not have a 3DS. So, I bought more than the game, of course, and then I got going. I fell in love with it immediately. That was in August 2013, in the United States, and I still play the game six years later.

Animal Crossing New Leaf was a Christmas present given to me along with a New Nintendo 3DS XL and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Too bad the New Nintendo 3DS XL didn't come with a charger and I had to go buy one or else it would be useless to use.

In any case.... I played Animal Crossing New Leaf because it was a gift to me and the fact I had fun playing the other Animal Crossing games. Thought the game would give me some good memories and whatnot. Started playing the series with Animal Crossing (GameCube). Playing Animal Crossing New Leaf was great while it lasted; however, it was sometimes stressful due to wanting things in certain places.

I had NL when it first was released and played it quite a bit. I ended up losing the game, and very recently was able to repurchase another copy. I also play Pocket Camp and City Folk, all though I'm not very fond of CF, since I'm not able to connect anymore on line. NL is actually my favorite.

I unearthed my animal crossing GameCube game from childhood and played it. It brought back so many good memories and so I ordered the newest animal crossing that very day so I could play it. It?s very nostalgic for me to play! It?s almost like a comfort thing for me to check in every day.

I had previously played Animal Crossing: Population: Growing! on the GameCube when I was younger and it left an impression on me. I was unaware of Animal Crossing: Wild World until years after it had released and I never could get myself to enjoy Animal Crossing: City Folk despite trying a number of times, so I guess I was hungry for a new Animal Crossing game. I'm surprised, looking back, that I gave Animal Crossing: New Leaf a shot after how little I enjoyed Animal Crossing: City Folk, but I guess my nostalgia for the original game was strong enough that I rolled the dice on whether Animal Crossing: New Leaf would actually be decent. Fortunately, Animal Crossing: New Leaf exceeded my expectations and it's definitely my favorite in the series thus far. Let's just hope the new Animal Crossing game set to be released on the Switch lets us have more than 10 villagers though.

Last edited:
Bunch of friends in a Discord group chat i used to be in played ACNL alot, and it got me really attached to the game so I told my mom about it and she got it for me :,))

my sisters got it for me :) i didn't have any friends and i had a lot of mental health issues, so they thought it would help and it did a lot

My best friend and I played wild world together when we were high school freshmen. We went through many phases together, so AC didn?t last very long (we got too deep into world of Warcraft lol). Years later, I remember wondering what happened to my villagers in the game.. that?s when I googled the franchise and realised they made ACNL. I was super excited for it and joined this forum the day I got the game lol. It would have been nice to play with my friend again but she was already over these kinda games by then.

Replaying the gamecube game with my childhood friend. We made a new town and started played for an hour whenever we would meet and it was glorious. I realised I needed a game to scratch the itch so I got NL for my 3ds.

Well, I played the other Animal Crossing games before and since I was already a fan of Animal
Crossing in general, of course I needed to get New Leaf. Just got back then a Nintendo 3DS to
play it, and got pretty disappointed when it didn't came out on the date where I thought it would
came out, lol (that was like the time where the actual release date wasn't unknown yet and nobody
knew when the game would finally come out. Good old times heh).

I played Animal Crossing for the GameCube many years ago. Skipped both Wild World and City Folk because my interests were in other video game genres at the time.

A few of my family members started playing New Leaf in 2013. They constantly asked for help with their towns, and so I started my first town. Then it happened--the happy fixation that fostered seven more AC:NL towns and lasted for years.

Back