• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your opinion on country music?

What is your opinion on country music?

• I can’t listen to it, it makes my ears bleed.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • If it comes on, I’ll listen but I’d rather not.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • It’s tolerable, but I much prefer other genres.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I like some country music, but it’s not my favorite.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I like most country music, but it’s not my favorite.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I love country music. It’s my favorite.

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
What do you think of country music? I’m a big fan of old country and some new country. It’s my favorite genre of music, although I do listen to some other music as well. How do you feel about country music?

If you like country music, what are some of your favorite country songs?

I don’t like it. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it makes my ears bleed. I’m honestly not much of a music person. I prefer alternative, rock, some jpop, instrumental (like ffx original soundtrack not remastered), heavy metal (iron maiden), a little pop (not a whole ton). Haven’t listened to my music for many years. i prefer quiet. I can see why people may like country though :).

I don't get why some people dislike country music. I for one love it! I have some favorite country music I listen to like:

On the Road Again by Wiillie Nelson

You're Still The One by Shania Twain

Just to name a few from my favorite ones.

i dont really listen to or like country. i like pop more (even tho most pop music on the radio is garbage atm.) every time i hear country on the radio i turn the channel, i don't hate it but it's not my kind of music. the only country song that i sort of like is wagon wheel by darius rucker because it used to play in my mom's car all the time.

I prefer pop and rock waaaay more, but I have a few favorite country songs. I can listen to it but not all the time.

It's not my favourite genre but there are a couple of country acts I really like - namely Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, and Rascal Flatts.

I’ll listen to it on the radio as it’s my favorite genre. But I prefer the country-rock or country-pop mix. Not the biggest fan of the old stuff. Just looking for a good beat.

I like some country music but it's not my favourite. Country music reminds me of summer for some reason. I remember singing songs from The (dixie) Chicks around the camp fire as a kid.

I’d rather be deaf than listen to country music. I can’t fully express how much I loathe it. There are no exceptions for certain songs or artists. If it’s playing at work I’ll get a headache.

I can't stand it. It just makes me cringe and tense up if I hear it in a store or a lyft ride. My cousin absolutely LOVES it and the last time I took a ride from her, she was just blaring it. It was terrible.

There are a few country artists and songs that I like, but they’re definitely an exception to the rule. Most of the time I can’t stand it. My brother loves it though 🙄

I like old school country music because I can tell who's singing without having to look it up.Johnny Cash sounds like Johnny Cash,Conway Twitty sounds like Conway Twitty.These old school guys didn't have to sing with a fake sounding hillbilly warble because they were great vocalists and didn't need any kind of artificial embellishment.My favorite country&western singer of all time is the pride and joy of Glendale,Arizona: Mr.Marty Robbins.I love pretty much everything he recorded but especially El Paso,Big Iron and The Hanging Tree.

71AuvTik0VL._SL1500_.jpg

Went through a country phase when I was like, a teenager. Lol. Nowadays I can’t stand it at all. It’s unfortunate I live in a state where it’s so prevalent among what people listen to...

It's far from my favorite genre and I never really seek out country music to listen to, but I was exposed to it quite a bit as a child since it was all my parents listened to. As with all genres, there are a few songs/artists that I like.

A few examples:
Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls
Martina McBride - Independence Day
Shania Twain - You're Still the One

Honestly, while I don't care that much about music in general, I do not like country music one bit. It's just awful to listen to and I've hated it every time I've been subjected to it.

I like some country music and I don't really understand all the hate it gets. I wouldn't select to play country music when I have the choice but when other people have it on I can enjoy some of it. Some of my favourite nights out have been at country bars, just dancing along to some country tunes 🤠 Country is fairly popular in my area so it's a good thing for me that I can enjoy it sometimes.

I enjoy listening to country music, mainly because I was raised around it. My mom LOVES it. I love a good Shania Twain song. c:

I like it, I listen to pretty much all genres of music, just depends what mood I'm in

Country music isn't a big thing here in the UK (thank goodness) but whenever I hear it in films or TV shows from the US it just makes me cringe, especially when I hear how corny the lyrics can be. Personally I just don't get this genre of music and why it's loved by Americans. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back