What is your opinion on country music?

What is your opinion on country music?

• I can’t listen to it, it makes my ears bleed.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • If it comes on, I’ll listen but I’d rather not.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • It’s tolerable, but I much prefer other genres.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I like some country music, but it’s not my favorite.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I like most country music, but it’s not my favorite.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I love country music. It’s my favorite.

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters

Croconaw

アリゲイツ
Bells
What do you think of country music? I’m a big fan of old country and some new country. It’s my favorite genre of music, although I do listen to some other music as well. How do you feel about country music?

If you like country music, what are some of your favorite country songs?

I don’t like it. I wouldn’t go as far as saying it makes my ears bleed. I’m honestly not much of a music person. I prefer alternative, rock, some jpop, instrumental (like ffx original soundtrack not remastered), heavy metal (iron maiden), a little pop (not a whole ton). Haven’t listened to my music for many years. i prefer quiet. I can see why people may like country though :).

I don't get why some people dislike country music. I for one love it! I have some favorite country music I listen to like:

On the Road Again by Wiillie Nelson

You're Still The One by Shania Twain

Just to name a few from my favorite ones.

i dont really listen to or like country. i like pop more (even tho most pop music on the radio is garbage atm.) every time i hear country on the radio i turn the channel, i don't hate it but it's not my kind of music. the only country song that i sort of like is wagon wheel by darius rucker because it used to play in my mom's car all the time.

I prefer pop and rock waaaay more, but I have a few favorite country songs. I can listen to it but not all the time.

It's not my favourite genre but there are a couple of country acts I really like - namely Brad Paisley, Keith Urban, and Rascal Flatts.

I’ll listen to it on the radio as it’s my favorite genre. But I prefer the country-rock or country-pop mix. Not the biggest fan of the old stuff. Just looking for a good beat.

I like some country music but it's not my favourite. Country music reminds me of summer for some reason. I remember singing songs from The (dixie) Chicks around the camp fire as a kid.

I’d rather be deaf than listen to country music. I can’t fully express how much I loathe it. There are no exceptions for certain songs or artists. If it’s playing at work I’ll get a headache.

I can't stand it. It just makes me cringe and tense up if I hear it in a store or a lyft ride. My cousin absolutely LOVES it and the last time I took a ride from her, she was just blaring it. It was terrible.

There are a few country artists and songs that I like, but they’re definitely an exception to the rule. Most of the time I can’t stand it. My brother loves it though 🙄

I like old school country music because I can tell who's singing without having to look it up.Johnny Cash sounds like Johnny Cash,Conway Twitty sounds like Conway Twitty.These old school guys didn't have to sing with a fake sounding hillbilly warble because they were great vocalists and didn't need any kind of artificial embellishment.My favorite country&western singer of all time is the pride and joy of Glendale,Arizona: Mr.Marty Robbins.I love pretty much everything he recorded but especially El Paso,Big Iron and The Hanging Tree.

71AuvTik0VL._SL1500_.jpg

Went through a country phase when I was like, a teenager. Lol. Nowadays I can’t stand it at all. It’s unfortunate I live in a state where it’s so prevalent among what people listen to...

It's far from my favorite genre and I never really seek out country music to listen to, but I was exposed to it quite a bit as a child since it was all my parents listened to. As with all genres, there are a few songs/artists that I like.

A few examples:
Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls
Martina McBride - Independence Day
Shania Twain - You're Still the One

Honestly, while I don't care that much about music in general, I do not like country music one bit. It's just awful to listen to and I've hated it every time I've been subjected to it.

I like some country music and I don't really understand all the hate it gets. I wouldn't select to play country music when I have the choice but when other people have it on I can enjoy some of it. Some of my favourite nights out have been at country bars, just dancing along to some country tunes 🤠 Country is fairly popular in my area so it's a good thing for me that I can enjoy it sometimes.

I enjoy listening to country music, mainly because I was raised around it. My mom LOVES it. I love a good Shania Twain song. c:

I like it, I listen to pretty much all genres of music, just depends what mood I'm in

Country music isn't a big thing here in the UK (thank goodness) but whenever I hear it in films or TV shows from the US it just makes me cringe, especially when I hear how corny the lyrics can be. Personally I just don't get this genre of music and why it's loved by Americans. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Back