• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your opinion on country music?

What is your opinion on country music?

• I can’t listen to it, it makes my ears bleed.

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • If it comes on, I’ll listen but I’d rather not.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • It’s tolerable, but I much prefer other genres.

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • I like some country music, but it’s not my favorite.

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • I like most country music, but it’s not my favorite.

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I love country music. It’s my favorite.

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
Some of them are okay but they will never go on repeat.

i don’t really have an opinion on it tbh. i don’t hate it by any means but i definitely prefer other genres.

I can't stand most country music, but I can count the number of country singers on one hand. I love Dolly Parton's music and I'm nostalgic for Johnny Cash's music since my dad would listen to it a lot when I was a kid.

The majority of it is really horrible to me and a lot of the male artists sound the same.

That said, there are outliers and genres I hate worse. I really like Shania Twain and Johnny Cash.

There are some older I can like, but if you talk more "I'ma drivin ma pickup and pickin up my cows with my love" stereotype guitar stuff then no. Also not a fan of Shania Twain or more modern pop-oriented stuff either.

Were gonna say that it's not my cup of tea, but then I remembered that Rodney Carrington exists.

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of country music but there are some really great country songs. Personally I think "Take Me Home, Country Roads" by John Denver is one of the greatest songs in history, and again, I am not a big country fan

I only like Taylor Swift's country music in her early years of career - like albums Fearless, Speak Now and so on. Otherwise it's to... country, ranch of horses? lmao idk

Country hasn't ever been one of my favorite genres of music, but I don't really mind it (in general). As with most types of music, there are some enjoyable artists/albums/songs if you dig deeper (however, the older kinds of Country seem to be better than the more modern ones).

I'm surprised I haven't commented here

I actually really enjoy older country, like 60s-90s stuff. I'm more into the slow/relaxed kinda country music, not anything really upbeat or too similar to bluegrass. it's really relaxing to me, and I often listen to it when I'm feeling stressed or just need to unwind.
I do not like modern country at all, it's no longer about telling life stories, it's more like partying and bragging about being a "country boy" now. I just really don't vibe with it.

one of my favorite country songs is actually an 80s song oddly enough I just seem to gravitate to 80s music lol

edit: idk how to vote on the poll bc I would consider it one of my favorite genres, but it's not an all-encompassing favorite (obviously, I don't like modern stuff).

I like some country music, but I rarely listen to it actually. I can’t list any favorites. Sometimes country music makes me nostalgic.

I find country music to be absolutely dreadful. Like I try to keep an open mind to any kind of music (I try), but with country music I have never heard a song I liked, ever. and I've been exposed to it a lot living in the crappy South.

It's either irritating or depressing. And not depressing in a good way. Like I listen to some pretty depressing music and love it, but depressing country music is depressing like in the clinical sense. In that it makes me depressed, it makes me stop functioning as well. I know this because I used to have it forced on me at work (thank god my job now doesn't force any music on us) and it would cause me to slow down, it would take everything out of me.

Country music is the anti-me. It's like holding up a cross or garlic to a vampire (am I getting that lore right?).

Back