• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your most + least favourite personality type and why?

FAVOURITE personality type

• Total voters
cranky, smug, and lazy are honestly my 3 top fav’s. cranky and smug being the top 2, can’t pick between those two personalities. i also like jock but that’s just because i love all the boy personality types which is why both my towns and my island are only filled with boy villagers also because i love my boys sm 😍💖

my least favourite personality has to be snooty. they just act so awful towards the player with their rude remarks, and they’re excessively self-absorbed. i just don’t like that. for some reason some snooty villagers were improved in NH and aren't so rude, yet others still are? not sure what happened there but i don’t like them and if they ever move in my town or on my island they immediately go.

My absolute favorite personality type in this particular game, New Horizons, is Cranky. They are SO incredibly """relatable"" as a person who's ever so slowly climbing up in the years. Also, they're so crankily loving once you become close friends with them.

My current least favorite personality type is the Peppy. There are only so many times I can handle hearing about Maglev Mike. Haha. A silly reason to dislike them, but there you go.

Cranky by far. Glad everyone else shares the opinion. Runner-up would be lazy.

cranky villagers are absolutely lovable. They are not too overly friendly to scare you away (i think the other personalities are so clingy sometimes), are laid-back and like nature, I think what makes me like them most is how they are like an uncle to you. And it’s hilarious to hear them make the odd joke about back problems/joint issues.

My favorite is uchi! I... can’t really explain it. I guess I just like that they’re nice, but unlike the normal villagers that’s not their ENTIRE personality. They’re funny, caring, etc.

My least favorite is, as of NH, lazy. I used to really like the lazy personality, but they kind of creep me out in NH. The bugs, the childishness, the seeming lack of concern with hygiene... why do they own a house??? Who authorized this??? They sound like kindergarteners to me.

All my favourite villagers coincidentally seem to be normal. Something about the peppy personality I find annoying but I still like those characters regardless :) My least favourite personality I think is Jock. Their dialogue is kinda stale to me, they always talk about working out.

I am finding alot of the villagers I like to be snooty and cranky. I think peppy may be my least favorite but there are peppy villagers that I really like out there.

MY most favorite is the sisterly, because I can relate to them. They're cool, but not TOO nice. Second best is cranky for almost the same reason. Cranky and sisterly are the only personality types(imo) that haven't completely lost themselves to the whims of the player, even though the cranky personality has been toned down quite a bit.

I don't really have a least favorite, since every other personality besides those two is a wash in some way.

My most favorite personality is peppy, though lazy is a close 2nd. I just love the energy peppy villagers have, it's really nice and I've enjoyed the dialog that comes along with it. I don't really know what my least favorite is, maybe normal or smug, but it's not an active dislike against those types or anything so I don't worry too much about it, lol

My Favorite is Normal. They are shy and kind when you first meet them. They always are nice to be around with and it always makes me smile when I talk to them. My favorite Normal Villager is Molly and she's been on my island for a long time since I got her back in June 2020 at the Campsite.

My Least favorite is Jock and Lazy. I really hate how Jock villagers seem to only talk about their workouts and brag about their Muscles. Like do I really need to have Jocks remind of this everytime? Then there are the Lazy villagers only talk about Food and "Bug Friends" (seriously?) It just never clicked with me and I never invite them to my island.

I am finding alot of the villagers I like to be snooty and cranky. I think peppy may be my least favorite but there are peppy villagers that I really like out there.

I think snooty might be my second favourite personality too, after cranky. I never expected to like them as much as I do.

Lazy is definitely up there for me as well though, despite their bug talk. There are so many cute lazy villagers.

This is a tough one for me. I really like the jock, cranky, and sisterly personalities. I'm going to go with jock purely because my favourite villager, Goose, is a jock.

Lazy used to be one of my favourites but the emphasis on bug-related dialogue in ACNH ruined that for me. I'm also not a fan of the peppy personality.

definitely a tough choice, but my top two are normals and cranky villagers. I’ve said this before, normals share a lot of interests with me, and the crankies are just super funny lmao.

my least favorite has to be jock or snooty. Jock villagers are kind of annoying since they don’t talk about anything but working out. And i don’t even like to work out lmao. The snooty villagers are quite rude- one time, I got stung by wasps and went around to my villagers to see who’d give me medicine (yes i am cheap lmaooooo) and Judy straight out said “ahh! a monster! oh, it’s just you Lavender. You should put a paper bag on your head, wouldn’t want you scaring others“ or something very similar to that.

Personally i feel that the personalities are a bit bland and meh, i had wished for them to be more pronounced and more noticeable between the other villagers ( more fights, small activities between them and in general more interactions ). I will say for this threat in more specifically maybe the Sisterly since i dont see at all anything that makes it stand more than others like, i can tell a peppy cause they always want to be famous ir jock cause it talks about sport but sisterly? For me they are the same and behave just like normal villagers.

Ps: i dont like any personality or have any favorite since they are all pretty bland and meh for me to be honest with you all. I wished there was a better personality mechanism for our villagers. Many times i just cant tell if they are sisterly, normal or peppy etc and dont make me start talking about cranky villagers 😂 they are so normal haha i could teach Nintendo in less than 2 mins what cranky really means haha. I really did wish our villagers had also good or bad days and acted upon that

Lazy's my fav (probably because I feel it fits Stitches really well and I've had him since the beginning), but cranky def has a special place in my heart. Normal villagers are my favourite in terma of looks but personality-wise are only alright but feel like filler more than anything.

Least favourite is probably peppy, even though I have 2... They're kind of hard to tolerate once you have more than 1 tbh. Only good in small doses.

Uchi because they’re straight up rude sometimes but only give you a hard time because they want the best for you. Hazel I’m looking at you

My two favourites are surely cranky and smug! They are nice, I love how arrogant the second are, that is just so funny! Appreciate them really! And for the first... they look like me haha. Love to complain even for no reason, I just love that behavior!

My less favorites are the two first you meet in you adventure: sisterly and jock. Jock are really annoying talking all the time about their muscles, and sisterly, their way to talk is really... idk how to qualify it but I just hate. Truly.

Lazy and sisterly are my favourites! Most of my favourite villagers are lazy - Bob, Stitches, Zucker etc. But I love sisterly villager's dialogue :]
The only personality I dislike is Jocks. Dom is the only Jock I don't despise..

I actually think I dislike jocks more than peppy, jocks are probably my least favourite. Only because it seems as though ALL their dialogue is fitness/muscles-related, whereas at least the other personality types aren’t so full-on and talk about general stuff too.

Back