• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your main transport method?

How do you travel?

• Public Transport

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Car

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • Walking

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Motorbike/moped etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bicycle

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Tricycle

• Unicycle

• Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
My main transport method is car, though for long distance trips and vacations I usually choose rail. I'll fly though if I have to get somewhere quickly as long distance rail here is not exactly fast!

I used to take public transport before I got my license and hated it. Public transport seriously sucks in my hometown unless you live in the city centre. I lived on the "outskirts" so the bus nearby would come like 4 times a day. Would have to walk 30 minutes to get onto the more regular bus with a transfer or two depending on where I was going. Plus it was actually pretty expensive compared to a car.

Now I live in a tiny city with no public transport so I drive.

Public transport: train/bus/subway. I had intended to learn how to drive by now, but I live in a busy city with fantastic public transport links so there is little incentive.

Apparently I am the only one who voted bicycle and I am feeling very Dutch right now.

I do also walk a lot though, because walking is both good for you and incredibly tedious so when I have an actual destination to walk to it helps my motivation. And anything past a certain distance is usually by car, sometimes public transit but only when I am not in a hurry and going between big cities.

Public transport (city buses) and walking, I don't own a car, it's not really necessary where I live in NY, the public transportation is good for anything I can't walk to but I do a lot of walking just because I like to get exercise

For real? Walking is so. good. I never realized how much I liked walking 'till I moved to a nowheresville.

My main method of transport is driving my vehicle. It's definitely the most freeing of the bunch since I have full control over where I go and I can get to anywhere I need to go relatively quickly.

I don't personally drive due to my eye condition, but sometimes my husband will drive us to the grocery store if we have a lot to pick up. We'll also drive if we need to go to a neighboring town. Otherwise, we walk everywhere.

I'm quite close-ish to my workplace so I can afford to go by foot, I'm really glad that I live in a walkable city, or even country at this point.
I used to take the bus but paying a 2€ ticket for 4 stops really started to add up so I decided to use my legs.

I take public transport to and from school, and I take the car wherever else I need to go. The bus I take is also specifically designated for my school, so I don't have to pay for anything.

my main transport method has always been car! i’ve been fortunate enough that my parents have almost always had a car, so transportation and figuring out how i’m going to travel some place i need/want to go has never really been an issue. i’m very grateful for that. 💖

however, i’m not sure when/if i’ll be getting my driver’s license, so unless i get it before i move out of my parents’ apartment, my main method of transportation will eventually be walking and/or public transport. i still utilize these methods now, just not as often as driving.

Mostly car, bike, and public transportation! I wish I could bike but I somehow forgot how to balance and steer LOL

exclusively by car because all the places i need to be are far away and i can’t walk there. the public transport in my area is absolutely atrocious.

Mostly driving, but I'll walk around the city centre. 😊💜✨

Since I last posted, I've been taking the train a lot more! I was pretty apprehensive about taking public transport at first, but I've found that taking the train frees me up from driving, and I can distract myself with other things instead! 😊

I used to bus it everywhere but now I drive which makes it easier as I like to shop and its hard to carry things on the bus hahaha

i drive everywhere because nothing is close enough to walk to and i live somewhere rural where public transport isn’t available. i have a few places that are close enough for me to bike to, and i try to when i can.

mostly car unfortunately :c and i say that as someone who absolutely hates driving. i find driving to be very stressful and nerve wracking. i'm a late bloomer and got my license later than most people here do. public transportation here isn't the greatest and isn't too reliable sadly. there's only a bus system here and anytime i visit a bigger city i'm extremely envious of all the different transportation systems that all run within like 5 mins of each other. here if you miss your bus, you're looking at anywhere between a 20-45 min wait. i remember when i used to take the bus i'd always try to be 1 or 2 buses ahead of the schedule to make sure i'd get to where i need to go and be early/on time 😵

Back