• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your main transport method?

How do you travel?

• Public Transport

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • Car

Votes: 43 71.7%
  • Walking

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • Motorbike/moped etc

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bicycle

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Tricycle

• Unicycle

• Other

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

Zerous

beep boop
Bells
Switch
2944-5199-8685
White Tulip
White Rose
White Rose
White Violet
Purple Violet
Red Tulip
White Tulip
I’m assuming this will be influenced by where you live and age, but what is your main means of getting around? Has it changed over time?

At the moment, public transport (both trains and buses) is the main way I travel. As a uni student, it just ends up being more convenient once you consider traffic and parking. Cars are more convenient in most other situations though for me.

Mostly car, I live in a slightly rural area so it’s easier to get around. If I was closer to the places I wanted to go I’d walk as I enjoy it and if I go to London I drive to the station and take the train as it’s direct and a lot less hassle then driving.

I live in a little town and you have to get a car. Like it's normal here to get the driving license as soon as you turn 18 (if not you will be brandmarked as lazy). I have my car now for years and I couldn't imagen to travel with bus and train. They only come every 30minutes under the week and at weekends every hour. Don't get me started after 8pm lol

Car. There is a lack of public transportation. Walking can always be done, but it isn't the safest. Also in USA many things are far apart unlike a lot of other countries so walking isn't always ideal. Plus towns won't have everything you need, unless you live in a metropolis, so you will have to drive 20 min at least to the next town over for certain things. It isn't uncommon to drive an hour.

Public transit and walking! I live in a city where public transit is very accessible. I also like walking so I can look at the greenery. 😊

Public transport. I live in a large city where trains and buses are the most convenient and easily accessible. The traffic can get pretty bad and it's difficult to find parking here.

I use my car mostly but if I go anywhere near downtown I use transit

Cars are the easiest and fastest way. It also gives a sense of freedom and independence that public transport doesn't offer. However, I go about crawling on the ground so I wouldn't know. I am a snek after all.

car and i HATE IT. I HATE HOW CAR-CENTRIC AMERICA IS. it's terrible, unobtainable for lots of people, expensive, wasteful, i HATE IT.

but cars are kinda cute so like werk idk. i'd rather take a bus or a metro.

Car for traveling and picking things up, buses and ferries for the work commute, I much prefer my car I love driving

I drive everywhere, public transport isn’t super great where I live. I’ve visited a couple cities that have amazing public transport and I would definitely use it if I lived somewhere like that!

public transport or walking. i'll probably never ever drive because i'm wayyyy too scared (also cuz of my disability that makes me have ****ty spatial awareness). i might just get and pass my driver's test just to have that skill on me but i'll never actually drive. not worth putting myself and others in danger lol.

Last edited:
I drive and have since I was 16. I couldn't do public transport due to having bad anxiety in large crowds of people, and there aren't any viable public transport options in my area either way.

I can’t drive so I either walk, or use the bus or train. I do have a bike but I don’t really use it much I like to walk

Car. Ain’t nobody walking or biking long distances in this 110+°F weather. Especially when the main roads don’t have any sidewalks, because of the open drains and canals. Public transportation is practically nonexistent as well.

It sucks and there have been discussions on local Instagram pages on this topic.

Back