• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is your *least* favorite flower?

Least fave?

• Pansies

Votes: 30 19.1%
  • Roses

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • Tulips

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Windflowers

Votes: 31 19.7%
  • Mums

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Lillies

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Hyacinths

Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Cosmos

Votes: 25 15.9%

• Total voters
Only flower I actively dislike is the cosmos. I don't mind the white ones, which I just view them as daisies, but the other colours are just... there. I'll stick a few in any parts of town which are a mix of flowers usually but never keep a patch of just cosmos.

However, my least favourite of everything is probably the gold roses. They just don't work with anything outside of an interior decoration imo, and I think I'm ever further tilted by them from the days where people used to have them lining the bottom of their rivers if they hacked which was a style I never understood.

Least favorite are probably pansies. They are too dark and the colors aren't very pleasing - especially the red ones. I do like the blue and white, though. I'm not a big fan of the lilies, either. I have too many, that's part of the problem. They grew like weeds. In fact, I think the weeds spread less.

Hyacinths are my native flower. I didn't love them at first, but they've grown on me. My favorite are probably the cosmos. They're super colorful, almost too much, but they make me happy.

Hyacinths. In my mind, they kind of remind me of weeds. It's hard to make them blend in with other flowers in my opinion.

From favorite to least, here is my ranking of rhe flowers:

1. Hyacinths
2. Windflowers
3. Roses
4. Lilies
5. Mums
6. Pansies
7. Tulips
8. Cosmos

Tulips and Cosmos are pretty close since I like and use (or plan on using) some of their colors: orange, black and maybe even pink. Lilies and Roses and Windflowers are really close. I like them all :).

Cosmos is the one I like the least, though I don’t completely dislike them since there are some colors I like of them :).

sad to see the best flower with the most votes

tbh i love all the flowers but if I had to say, get rid of one flower type from my island, it would be lillies

The mums just don’t have quite enough color variation for my tastes. (Lillies could use some more as well, especially since they’re all generally monocolored - I personally love the more variegated flowers - but I have lingering affection for them from New Leaf.) But I don’t actively dislike them, really, I just finished breeding them all fairly quickly.

Honestly, I like and use all the flowers, but my favorites are probably pansies or cosmos.

Tulips.

According to the poll, I seem to be very much in the minority, but I always disliked tulips, both in animal crossing and in real life. They're just so cartoony and kind of boring.

For me I do not like Tulips and that was my islands native flowers but I have since changed my island to have mostly roses in all colours.

The Best to Worst for me is:

Roses
Hyacinths
Windflowers
Cosmos
Pansies
Lilies
Mums
Tulips

For me: windflowers. I like them at first, but when they spawn in a big group it triggers my trypophobia with their black center. T^T

The ones I don't really like are the windflowers an those are my natives, the rest look nice but somthing about those just doesn't look great, I kindi wish there was more green flowers as well, I think it's only the mom's that come in green an they don't look great, they look like somthing that all the petals have fallen off an it's just the bud that's left cause of the colour of it

My favourite is the roses but I like the real ones as well

I'm not surprised pansies (basically what my island is stuck with) are the third least favorite in the poll. I mean, the name of it alone just sounds negative, "pansy" being a derogatory insult.

But I still have to choose "cosmos" because they look plain and boring.

Last edited:
I’m not really a fan of pansies except the purple ones. They just don’t really please me visually. I’m not excited about most of the cosmos either.

I'm baffled why everyone hates pansies so much. They have so much detail compared to something like Cosmos.

I really really loved roses in New Leaf but their re-design is just awful! They are my least favorite for that reason.

Second place is yellow flowers. Doesn't matter the type (except maybe mums, yellow mums are allowed)

I'm baffled why everyone hates pansies so much. They have so much detail compared to something like Cosmos.
I really like pansies. But honestly they could use more color variation. I mean, why not have some added like this??

Attachments

• pansy1.jpg
    pansy1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 1
  • pansy2.jpg
    pansy2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 1
  • pansy3.jpg
    pansy3.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1
  • pansy4.jpg
    pansy4.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 0
I'd say pansies as they're just too harsh in colour no matter the variation, aside from them I'm not a fan of the windflowers either, they're neither here nor there flowers for me.

The cosmos are probably my least favorite; I mean, they're alright and I'll definitely have a few scattered around, but I'm just not a big fan of their shape/design I suppose. I'm not terribly big on tulips either—I think, like cosmos, they're just a little too plain for my liking, but I'll definitely still use some for the sake of variety.

I'm just... not that big on Pansies. On a personal level that is. I still have the hybrids on my island where they fit in theme wise but definitely not my favorite.

And of course they're my native flower too >:C

Back