• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is your favorite tycoon game?

Zoo Tycoon and its beefed-up, fantastic spiritual successor Planet Zoo.

Honestly, my favorite is the original Rollercoaster Tycoon. My dad and I used to play it on the computer. I still have the game and played it back my laptop had a disc thing (few years ago), but that time I played the challenges on the pre-made parks— all while naming the rides and restrooms somewhat humorous stuff. I’d still play it now if my current laptop had a disc area.

(Also, if you need a good laugh, watch the videos of Vinesauce Joel playing it on YouTube.)

If I had to pick just one then I'd probably go with RollerCoaster Tycoon. I spent so much time playing it a child, and I have fond memories of it. I do enjoy the Classic version as well. I have it on my iPad, but I haven't played it recently. However, Zoo Tycoon 2 would be a close second. I played it a lot as well, although definitely not as much as RollerCoaster Tycoon

I had zoo tycoon (must have been 1, year 2005) on the ds as a kid. It was fun until a point I couldn't get past. I had trouble with visitors not ever finding the bathroom, the zoo not looking nice according to visitors, or visitors just not being happy. It would flip between those so I couldn't ever get further after a certain point and I tried a few different times. So I never saw the whole game. That was the only tycoon game I have ever played.
Though I did have fun with it until a point, it kind of turned me off to anything with tycoon in its name. I assume the issue was a bug, idk.
As for now, I think I would give these type of games another try, but cautiously.

Zoo Tycoon is the only one I've ever played lol! My brother and I would make exhibits for the customers and trap them all together hahahhaa

Screenshot 2024-03-05 10.25.19 AM.png

I loved this one. Not sure how well it's aged though.

The only one I tried was the first Roller Coaster Tycoon. I didn’t really build roller coasters though 😅; I had a lot of fun though 🙂

Definitely Rollercoaster Tycoon Classic for iOS!! I remember playing Rollercoaster Tycoon on a super old PC when I was a kid.. so much nostalgia. I love trying to make the prettiest parks with a train that goes all the way around with multiple stops 😁

I also remember playing Zoo Tycoon I think? I enjoyed it at the time but I dont know if it would still hold up today.

I remember there was this tycoon game on Roblox where you're in space and you're making clones that can battle against other clones. You can even control your clones and get pets and buy a spaceship so you can fly somewhere. I remember leaving this game on idle accidentally and I made enough money to buy a lot of upgrades because it autosaved before I got kicked out. I don't play a lot of tycoon games nowadays, but this one was nostalgic so I figured I'd bring it up here.

Back