What is the "theme" of your town? Pics?

ayeAmariah

Bells
I'm very curious, what does your town look like and what is it's "theme"?
This thread is mostly for inspiration, since I'm planning out a town for when my parents buy me New Leaf :3
Any pictures?
I'm DYING to see all the lovely towns you guys have!

IMG_0602.jpgIMG_0603.jpgIMG_0604.jpgIMG_0605.jpgIMG_0606.jpg
Just some pictures of the town I have. My town is based off a story I wrote about a robotic girl who's trapped but when she finally goes outside everyone dies around her due to the world leaders killing anyone with information- She slays who's been commanding them- A brown dogXwolf mix that she was once friends with.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haha, sorry for the sideways LARGE pictures..

Towns don't have to have a theme -n- It's your town, do with it as you please c: I just made my town into a modern'ish town ? Lol xD I don't really have a theme to be exact :)
I'll see what I can do about pics o-o May upload some sooooon.

Last edited:
Just some pictures of the town I have. My town is based off a story I wrote about a robotic girl who's trapped but when she finally goes outside everyone dies around her due to the world leaders killing anyone with information- She slays who's been commanding them- A brown dogXwolf mix that she was once friends with.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haha, sorry for the sideways LARGE pictures..

Whoaaa :eek: you have such an original theme and backstory! I'm impressed ^_^ and I don't mind all the pictures at all! The bigger, the better? XD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Towns don't have to have a theme -n- It's your town, do with it as you please c: I just made my town into a modern'ish town ? Lol xD I don't really have a theme to be exact :)
I'll see what I can do about pics o-o May upload some sooooon.
Having a modern town is somewhat of a "theme" ^u^ I'd love to see your town sometime!
My future town theme would've been Modern European-type of "city" area and a quiet Japanese garden type in another area. Still working out the details!

I'll have to transfer some pictures from my card soon, and my town is a work in progress, but I'm setting up a horror dream town based on one of my stories. One corner separated from my river has a dead tree grove with stonehenge to imitate that my main character (who isn't my mayor because I got this idea too late) traveled through ruins to a different plane of existence.

My mayor isn't an actual character, but I turned his house into a natural history museum, where the main character works. I'm trying to add a lot of anthropology themed pwps to the town - a pyramid is being built, there's already a totem pole, I plan to put up a sphynx next...

I suppose you could say my town's theme is natural history? :') (With a horror twist.)

Last edited:
I'll have to transfer some pictures from my card soon, and my town is a work in progress, but I'm setting up a horror dream town based on one of my stories. One corner separated from my river has a dead tree grove with stonehenge to imitate that my main character (who isn't my mayor because I got this idea too late) traveled through ruins to a different plane of existence.

My mayor isn't an actual character, but I turned his house into a natural history museum, where the main character works. I'm trying to add a lot of anthropology themed pwps to the town - a pyramid is being built, there's already a totem pole, I plan to put up a sphynx next...

I suppose you could say my town's theme is natural history? :') (With a horror twist.)
Aw! You got the pyramid! I've been wanting that! :[

Oh my gosh, i'd love to see your dream town! This sounds like a very neat and interesting idea.

Unfortunately, my town is a work in progress....for the theme...i'm not really sure there is one? It's a little difficult to explain, but i guess in the end my town will be very quaint.

I'm kind of going for the fairy tale theme c:

I just need the right pwps

I think I'm in love with your town already! I love History and all that good stuff, so when everything's set up I'll have to visit your town :) Most definitely on my "to-visit" list!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm kind of going for the fairy tale theme c:

I just need the right pwps

Yay! I've been wondering where I could find a fairytale themed town! I'd love to visit sometime :3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh my gosh, i'd love to see your dream town! This sounds like a very neat and interesting idea.

Unfortunately, my town is a work in progress....for the theme...i'm not really sure there is one? It's a little difficult to explain, but i guess in the end my town will be very quaint.

Hmm... Is it like a little village type town? Like the little French town from Beauty & The Beast? :O

A picture of my town is in my signature. My town theme is about a once abandoned village that's being suddenly repopulated and urbanized.

Hmm... Is it like a little village type town? Like the little French town from Beauty & The Beast? :O

I guess it's something along those lines. My village will have many brick and natural looking paths. : )

No theme yet, but once I already get my dreamies, I'll turn my town into an antique town.

A picture of my town is in my signature. My town theme is about a once abandoned village that's being suddenly repopulated and urbanized.
I actually really like the blue tiles! :eek: I actually REALLY like the way you utilized all the different tiles and stuff! Nice :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

the theme of my town is "disorganized" sadly

LOL! It's okay, there's always time to change that!

I'm attempting to make a town with zen in the south side of my town, and modern in the north, or something like that (possibly vice versa). Also, I will be making an area with the campsite and cafe towards the northwest. The PWP element will not be added until I get all the PWPs (or the majority, I'm sure it's difficult). No pics yet, as well...it's really far from finished.

My town, Zingzang, has... no theme! Heh. Or maybe "organized chaos". I went for a natural (not city-like) sort of feel, with narrow and winding paths, lots of trees and flowers. Nothing is symmetrical! (I like things to be on the unpredictable side.) PWPs include the windmill, fountain, flower arch, picnic area, cafe, hammock, wisteria trellis, geyser, stonehenge, zen garden, zen bell and rice racks. Here's the town map, as seen on a sign, recently erected. I love the meandering river. Light green spots indicate the locations of PWPs.

newleaf-mapofzingzang.jpg

And here's a snapshot to show the... general mayhem? ;)

newleaf-lovemypath.jpg

In the future, I'm going to create a town called Paris. I'll have paths, but they won't be like roads or anything. The main theme I want for my town would be a natural sort of feel - like the sort of town you can look at for ideas.

Back