• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What is the meaning behind your island name?

Shawna

AroAce, ASD, and Proud ^^
Bells
Switch
4449-2922-3110
Toy Duck Plush
User Title Color Change
While mine isn't 100% original, I named my island Utopia, because I attend to make it my and my villagers' piece of ideal paradise. A place of happiness and perfection. A slice of heaven. Utopia.

mine is Cambry, which has approximately zero meaning haha. for some reason I totally neglected to plan an island name in advance of release date, so when I was asked to name the island I totally panicked and pulled up a random island name generator and thought this sounded nice haha. if I ever reset my island I'd probably put a little more thought into it :p

The rich deep blue sea the colour of sapphire
The widespread pastures as green as an emerald
And the sun's warm rays the colour of amber...
...Welcome to Amber Isle

I wanted a name that felt warm just like an Island I would love to escape to ☀

It's the capital of Estonia
because Estonia is really cool
Doesn't look anything like it though so it's more a tribute than anything
like New Zealand doesn't look anything like original either

Mines called Flolagio, I hadn’t planned ahead what I was going to name it so decided to make a mix of two of my favourite things - Florida (one of my favourite holidays) and Bellagio (the hotel in Vegas and the lake in Italy)

mines sunnytop. i wanted something that sounded like a town name but this was what i came up with that had few enough characters for the game to allow (gamecube) ive just been using the same name for every game

Tartarus, because I've been playing Hades a lot lately and I was too impatient to think of a good name when I reset. It's not the best since I'm not planning on making my island hell/dark themed, oh well 😅

My original idea had too many letters (I tried shorter versions but didn't love them). Instead, I decided I wanted something very "animal crossing-esque" and chose Sweetfruit! I like that it fits well as an island name but could also work with a town in any setting since fruit trees are a staple in every game 😊

Reactions: Dog
I called my island Traverse. Named after the first world "Traverse Town" from my favorite game Kingdom Hearts. My name "Roxas" is based off the character you play as in Kingdom Hearts 2 when you first start the game. Then all the other 7 characters I made and created that were from the franchise. I wanted to make an island themed around Kingdom Hearts.

All my Island's names are related to Norway, I lived in Norway for a year and I really love this country. My first Island was named after one of the Island in the fjord of Oslo, the second one was the name of my student housing and my current one is the name of a district in Oslo (I had to slightly change the name though as it was too long).

My island name is "Amicitia" meaning friendship in latin... I think I got this phase from here this website... I have been larking here for long time since beginning of release date oops never felt need to sign up for friendship until new year rung in... I told myself it is time for me to sign me in! So here I am!!

Thanks to my dyslexia, I misread someone else's island as being called Seacow. I loved the idea because the word Seacow tickles me and it reminds me the Jim Gaffigan joke. I wanted to make people smile when they saw my name. Plus it fit nicely with the tropical/ nautical vibe of the island.

And Bay cuz it was the only word I could find that fit. I wanted Atoll or Cove.

Back