What if PORTER replaced the Dodos

honestly, i think i would've preferred porter. he's got a cuter design imo. i don't hate the dodos, but i don't find their designs particularly appealing or memorable and wouldn't want them to return. they could've even continued with the "next generation" thing and introduced porter's relative/descendant as the pilot. i don't know. a long time ago, back when we still thought NH would be a wii u game, there was cute concept art of porter in a pilot's uniform that i adore, and i 100% wouldn't hesitate to take it over the dodos.

1622075610357.png

Someone made a meme about the birds and Paul Blart...and now I can never unsee them as that. So I would very much like a monkey that doesn't make me think of a mall cop.

honestly, i think i would've preferred porter. he's got a cuter design imo. i don't hate the dodos, but i don't find their designs particularly appealing or memorable and wouldn't want them to return. they could've even continued with the "next generation" thing and introduced porter's relative/descendant as the pilot. i don't know. a long time ago, back when we still thought NH would be a wii u game, there was cute concept art of porter in a pilot's uniform that i adore, and i 100% wouldn't hesitate to take it over the dodos.

View attachment 378007
OMG! We could have gotten this adorable cutie but instead we got ugly Orville. We got screwed big time.

OMG! We could have gotten this adorable cutie but instead we got ugly Orville. We got screwed big time.

it also always seemed weird to me that we land on a deserted island, and yet it... has an airport? fully furnished, complete with a receptionist. i think porter with his own little seaplane and hut (similar to the first nook's cranny that you can later upgrade to an actual airport, allowing you to choose the color) would've been much cuter and made more sense thematically imo. that and i think "porter's planes" or "flying monkeys" has a nice ring to it.

No thank you. The Dodos are adorable, both design and personality wise and as a bonus, they are also a special kind of animal not found as possible residents.

I haven't had the chance to meet Porter so I can't judge his personality but any monkey design is a strict downgrade from a chubby dodo <3 The dodos also work amazing with the irony of them judging your lack of flight and well, being the flight experts- a monkey wouldn't have any of that. The naming pun would become "MAL" instead of "DAL" and mal is a common word so it woudn't really work... so yeah, Orville and Wilbur are just too good.

Porter is adorable, but flying dodos are amazingly ironic. Plus the dodos are special non-villager species and are really cute. And I grew up in North Carolina so Orville and Wilbur bring back fond memories about Kitty Hawk.

View attachment 378007
This reminds me of how much I miss the spotlight when starting up AC

i wouldn’t mind if this happened! orville and wilbur are cool but it’d definitely be really nice to see porter again. :)

I don't want our dodos to become extinct in this virtual world! :ROFLMAO:

On a serious note, I would welcome the idea. Can't we give him another job though?

For the next game, they could do both!

The train could take you to other town and the plane could take you to mystery islands.

as cute as porter is, i really like the dodos!! wilbur is a little odd to me but i absolutely love orville. maybe they could give porter a new job? idk what with, exactly but it would be nice to be able to have both <3

i like the dodos, i'd rather have porter have a new job. plus if they got rid of the dodos, it would get rid of my joke i have with my brother that orville is secretly evil.

Omigosh yes yes yes!!!! The dodos are just boring, annoying and ugly.

It would be so much better if Porter replaced the dodos.

Back