• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What handheld/portable consoles do you own?

What handheld/portable consoles do you own?

• PlayStation Portable (PSP)

Votes: 21 13.6%
  • PlayStation Vita

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Nintendo Game Boy/ GBA/ GBColor

Votes: 79 51.3%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 126 81.8%
  • Nintendo SwitchLite

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Nintendo 2DS/3DS/XL

Votes: 140 90.9%
  • Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • GPD XD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nvidia Shield Portable (NSP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please explain...)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters
I own the Nintendo Switch, a New 3DS XL and a regular sized New 3DS, as well as a PS Vita! I never had a gameboy (although my sister did 😭), DS, or PSP when I was younger, until I think grade 8? When I got the 3DS for Christmas. I did have some Tamogotchi's though and the little like... Littlest Pet Shop equivalent when I was little! I'm glad that when I was able to work I got to save money to buy my own consoles! I love my New 3DS XL the most I think, because it's the pikachu version and it's so darn cute, lol. Plus since the 3DS was my first proper handheld I have a soft spot for a lot of the games!

This is inspired by @DarthGohan1 from this thread over in the Nintendo Treehouse section

Comment on which one is your favorite as well!

For me, I hardly see anyone mention it, but my favorite handheld is the Nintendo DSLite, I really enjoy the backward compatibility with GBA games. I think the switch is a great handheld as well.

My favourite handheld console has to be the switch and 3ds. The 3ds for the original N64 games, and also for the backlit.

I have a Game Boy Color, Switch and Switch Lite. My favorite is the Switch because the hybrid system is awesome :love:(y)!

I have a DS Lite, a 3DS XL, a PS Vita and a Nintendo Switch! It's hard for me to pick a favorite, but if I had to I might pick the Switch. It's got a pretty decent library of games I like across multiple genres, and while it's a little bulky compared to what I'm used to, I really like a lot of its features. It can take some very nice screenshots too!

I own a Switch, 3DS, DS and Game Boy (plus the Advance and Color versions) but I haven't seen any of the Game Boys in a long time (think they may be in a box in the garage) so I haven't played them in years. My favourite is probably the switch as I like having the larger screen size when I'm playing in handheld mode and there are a lot of games on it that I really enjoy. I do really love both the DS consoles though, the graphics aren't as great now but there were so many great games on them that I'd love to play again.

I own both a 3ds and switch, both are great! Awesome games on both, but I’m more on my switch since their are so many games like botw and odyssey. The third party support is also very good. One game in particular I’m excited for is subnautica for the switch! I love all the cool gadgets shown off in the trailers and the open world being underwater! :)

I love handhelds in general... they’re all I play on! They’re just so cute and customizable and fun to collect.

Currently I have a yellow Switch Lite, an Animal Crossing full-size Switch, a New Nintendo 3DS with white faceplates, and a pink 3DS XL. I had a pink DS Lite, but I gave it to my grandma a few years ago— she likes to play it during her night shifts.☺️

My favorite is probably any of the DSes— I love the dual screens and their portability. The Switch has amazing graphics and great games, but the 3DS is charming, nostalgic, portable, and super fun.

I have the Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, and Switch.

My favorite of these would of course be the Switch simply because I'm still awed at the fact that you can play games like Pokemon on your TV.

My very first was the nintendo ds lite, then I got a nintendo 3DSxl and the I had to lend it to my sister because she's a whimsical little monster, and then I finally got my current new nintendo 3DSxl

I have a gameboy advance SP but I need to get a new charger for it. Same with my New Nintendo 3DS XL. And I have the original Nintendo Switch

I have a DS Lite, 2DS XL, 3DS XL, and Switch. My first portable console was a DS Lite and I loved PictoChat and the backwards compatibility with the GBA games. The stylus and touchscreen were really nice features as well. Though my favorite is the Switch.

I only have a 3DS XL and a Switch. I loved my 3DS XL before the Switch, and it kept me company for many bus rides and 4 hour breaks in between shifts at the restaurant I worked in at that time, and kept me cozy in my bed while gaming into the late hours of the evening. Of course, now that I have the Switch, it is now my favourite and I haven't touched my 3DS XL since. I feel as though I've really grown as a gamer because of my Switch. I really expanded my horizons in terms of genres and indies that I became willing to try because I could play them handheld (which is seriously my favourite method of gaming). I've been gaming more than ever and it's just been really fun and I'll always treasure these memories 🖤

I only ever had Nintendo systems l-lol. My first console was the DS lite, then I went from that to the DSi, 3DS XL, New 3DS XL, to the Switch. I still do play on my 3DS sometimes and have a handful of games I wanna finish,,, it's just a matter of finding the time and motivation for it. OTL

Currently, I only own a Switch and a 3DS XL, but I used to have the following before I either lost them or sold them away:

• Gameboy Pocket
  • Gameboy Color
  • Gameboy SP
  • Nintendo DS
  • Nintendo 3DS
  • Nintendo 3DS XL
  • Playstation Vita
I remember that the Vita had a bunch of visual novels I was quite interested in. Unfortunately, they were only sold in America, and I had no clue how to switch my PS Store to American at the time, nor how I was supposed to pay with an American credit card when I don't have one nor have any access to one.

I had a tragic history with my Gameboys; both my Pocket and my Color were stolen by my classmates in Primary School (along with a dozen cartridges). The SP thankfully survived, and so did the others, but I needed money, so I had to sell quite a few Nintendo platforms away.

Hopefully, my Switch and my upcoming Playstation 5 won't meet a similar fate.

I've owned quite a few of the Nintendo handhelds. I've had a GBC, a GBA, a DS, two DS Lites, a 3DS and now a Switch (even if I don't use it in handheld mode as much as docked, lol). It feels like saying the Switch is my favorite would be cheating, so I'd say my favorite is the 3DS, based on it being reliable over the years and the amount of games I'm able to play on it.

I have a Switch, 3DS, and a GBA SP. I don't have any games for the SP thanks to my little brother yoinking them, but I still have the SP itself.

The switch so far has been my favorite, with the removable controllers, and the ability to connect it to your TV, I personally like the bigger screen cause it's not too hard on your eyes, but the Gameboy will forever be the best classic portable console.

can't believe I haven't commented here lol. here's what I own:
- original Gameboy (the ugly grey brick)
- silver Gameboy Advance SP
- white DS Lite
- pink DSi
- Super Mario DSiXL
- pink & white 3DSXL
- Zelda 3DSXL
- original Switch with RB joycons

my favorite will prob always be my Zelda 3DSXL, used to be the pink one but it has a messed up hinge and it's really fragile. I also really like my DSiXL, I have a lot of great memories playing my original DSiXL back in 2010-2013 :)

Back