• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What handheld/portable consoles do you own?

What handheld/portable consoles do you own?

• PlayStation Portable (PSP)

Votes: 21 13.6%
  • PlayStation Vita

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Nintendo Game Boy/ GBA/ GBColor

Votes: 79 51.3%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 126 81.8%
  • Nintendo SwitchLite

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Nintendo 2DS/3DS/XL

Votes: 140 90.9%
  • Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • GPD XD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nvidia Shield Portable (NSP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please explain...)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters

Xeleron

Bells
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
Green Candy
October Birthstone (Opal)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
May Birthstone (Emerald)
This is inspired by @DarthGohan1 from this thread over in the Nintendo Treehouse section

Comment on which one is your favorite as well!

For me, I hardly see anyone mention it, but my favorite handheld is the Nintendo DSLite, I really enjoy the backward compatibility with GBA games. I think the switch is a great handheld as well.

I have quite a few of the nintendo handhelds from the DS up. The reason why I put other up is because I am in the process of hunting for a switch lite (I will change my response once I get it and I remember). I think the 3DS and switch are tied for my favorite. The 3DS has more games but the switch overall has better games.

I have quite a few of the nintendo handhelds from the DS up. The reason why I put other up is because I am in the process of hunting for a switch lite (I will change my response once I get it and I remember). I think the 3DS and switch are tied for my favorite. The 3DS has more games but the switch overall has better games.
I never got a 3DS because I thought it was basically the same thing as the DSLite and it bothered me that it wasn't backward compatible with GBA games (not that I know of, or was it?), but I have a feeling that if I would've gotten it, I would've really liked it.

I never got a 3DS because I thought it was basically the same thing as the DSLite and it bothered me that it wasn't backward compatible with GBA games (not that I know of, or was it?), but I have a feeling that if I would've gotten it, I would've really liked it.
It wasn’t GBA compatible but it was DS compatible (Also virtual console let ya play GB(C) games as well as NES titles). I feel like it has the largest range of playable portable games (I’m sure it plays the plurality of the Kirby series so that’s a major plus)

Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS right now, but I’ve also owned a Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSLite, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo 2DS, and a GBColor in the past.

Right now all I really own is the New Nintendo 3DS, Switch and SEGA Game Gear. I regret selling my Vita (at the time needed money for a Switch) but at the same time not really since a lot of the exclusive titles ended up making an appearance on the PS4 in a better fashion too. I kept my memory card for it in case I bought another one day.

I have the gameboy color, gameboy advance, gameboy advance sp, 3ds, n3ds XL and the switch. So far the switch is my favorite.

i currently only own a 3DS and switch lite but i used to own a 2DS, as well. the 3DS was my favourite for years and was the console for games that i loved and played for years (new leaf and tomodachi life being two of them) but i’ve had my switch lite since march and i think that’s my current favourite console. there’s only one game that i currently own for it since not many of the switch games out there are of interest to me but i definitely think i prefer how the switch lite operates compared to the 3DS. i’ve used my 3DS a few times over the last couple of months and it just feels so foreign to me now and the years where i played on it almost everyday feel so far away now lmao

I currently only own the Switch and ps vita rn but I had the gameboy, PSP, DS, and 3DS at some point. Some broken while the others got lost I think.

Last edited:
I have a Switch, 3DSXL, DS Lite, PSP, PS Vita, and a GBC.

The 3DS is my overall favorite, but nowadays I play my Switch a lot more. I mainly play docked though. I do prefer playing the Switch over the 3DS, it's just that the 3DS has a lot of games I love on it.

Nintendo Game Boy
Nintendo Game Boy Color
Nintendo Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
New Nintendo 2DS XL
Nintendo Switch
Sega Game Gear
Sega Nomad

My favorite is probably the Switch because of the fact that I'm more fond of home consoles and I always keep it docked. Other than that, I'd say the 2DS/3DS family of handhelds because of their DS backward compatibility, great selection of games, and access to the eShop and Virtual Console. DS Lite is great too because of the Game Boy Advance slot.

Last edited:
I own every since Nintendo handheld except the original Gameboy, the GBC, and a few obscure models (like the Gameboy Micro). As of last year, I also own a PlayStation Vita! If the selection of exclusive games was better, the Vita would be my favorite system of all time.

I own a Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, and a Switch. I got the DS from my best friend. He ended up selling it to me with Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow. I've always like Castlevania. So after I had that game, I tried looking for Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, but I couldn't find it. I got Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Eventually I found Portrait of Ruin, but it was after some years, and it's a great game.

Silver GBA SP, pink dsi, n3ds white (smaller edition), switch lite. All of them were bought strategically on sale except for the GBA sp which was a hand-me down and the dsi which was a birthday gift when I was growing up.

Last edited:
My first handheld console was the ds lite which has made me into the AC lover i am :LOL: Then I got the new 3ds xl and a switch

All except for the last two. No idea what they are.

The only ones that get a lot of use now are the Switch, Switch Lite, and PS Vita. The 3DS XL gets pulled out now and then - mainly for Pokémon.

Back