• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What handheld/portable consoles do you own?

What handheld/portable consoles do you own?

• PlayStation Portable (PSP)

Votes: 21 13.6%
  • PlayStation Vita

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Nintendo Game Boy/ GBA/ GBColor

Votes: 79 51.3%
  • Nintendo Switch

Votes: 126 81.8%
  • Nintendo SwitchLite

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Nintendo 2DS/3DS/XL

Votes: 140 90.9%
  • Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi

Votes: 98 63.6%
  • GPD XD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nvidia Shield Portable (NSP)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please explain...)

Votes: 12 7.8%

• Total voters
I own Switch, DS Lite, and 3DS. I used to own GBA, but I feel like I want it again and I still have a few GBA games.

I own a DS Lite, a 3DS, and a Nintendo Switch. I have a few GBA Pokemon games too, which I bought to play on my DS. I still use my DS, every few years I end up replaying all the pokemon games on it.

I currently have in my possession a Nintendo Switch, Nintendo DSi, and Nintendo 3DS XL. I used to own Nintendo GameBoy/GBA/GBColor and Nintendo DSLite. I’ve never owned a PlayStation portable before and don’t know what the other two at the bottom are. Choosing a favorite is hard, but I guess if I had to narrow it down it would be between the Nintendo Switch or the GameBoy Color (I loved my purple one, back when I still had it). Something about Pokémon yellow was my favorite thing to play on my GBColor.

I have a Nintendo Switch, DSLite, Nintendo 3DS, Gameboy Color (the see through purple), and Gameboy Ice.

My favorite would be the switch.

i own a psp, nintendo switch, 2ds and dslite!

the switch is definitely my favorite by far, it's console-level graphics/hardware on such a small device! :0 plus i have a lot of favorite games that are exclusive to the switch or not available on ps4

I currently own a Vita, Nintendo Switch, 3DS, 3DS XL an DSlite, and a Gameboy color that's purple and see-through.

Just a DS (light pink from 2006 that still works!) and my Switch Lite. I miss having a stylus and wish the Switch Lite had one tbh. I’m old school though.

GBA and GB Color definitely should be separate for this poll lol.

I grew up with a GBA SP and Nintendo DS Lite. I also have a New 2DS since my 3DS broke and a Switch, also a GBA still. I really want a PSVita though weirdly enough.

I have most of the nintendo hand-held devices. I liked having the GBA because it let me play gameboy color games. I liked the DS because it let me play my GBA games with a backlight (I had the earlier GBA without the backlight... :( ). Overall, I think the 3DS was my favorite because it let me play DS cartridges while also giving me access to digital games.

I wish I had kept my original Gameboy. I still have my Gameboy Color (purple), Gameboy Advance SP, and one more: It has one end for DS games and one end for GB Advance games. I finally found a picture of the one I have after much searching awhile, despite the only name on the system being Nintendo DS.
s-l1600.jpg
Lastly, I an original Nintendo DS (teal) and a 3DSXL (a special edition).

I loved my polar white DS Lite. I had a DS previously and was convinced that the DS Lite was a necessary purchase. The only GBA game I played on it was Friends of Mineral Town/More Friends of Mineral Town, but many days - and nights - were spent with Brain Age, Phantasy Star, Hotel Dusk, Pokemon, and Radiant Historia.

Briefly owned a Vita for Freedom Wars and Persona 4. A lot of titles I’d be interested in have since received ports.

Currently only own my GBA, Switch, and Galaxy 3DS XL. Have spent the most time with my 3DS as the amount of sim/core RPGs/JRPGs that released for it was insane.

I'm a pretty big handheld fan so I have a few...
  • Gameboy Pocket (Green)
  • Gameboy Color (Lime Green)
  • Gameboy Advance SP (Flame Red)
  • DS Lite (Coral Pink)
  • DS Lite (Special Edition Lime Green)
  • 3DS XL (Blue/Black)
  • "new" 3DS XL (Galaxy)
  • Nintendo Switch (V2 longer battery life version)
My very first console was the Coral Pink DS Lite I listed above. I ended up replacing a few parts in it as it was super worn out (buttons and touch no longer worked properly). I kept as much as possible original though even though it's shell is full of blemishes.

I also recently ordered a handheld emulator an RG350M in Rose Gold. My feelings are mixed toward emulators. I'm not a fan of using them, but when I do use them I only emulate Japanese only games I wouldn't be able to play otherwise (I don't know Japanese so I need the aid of fan translation patches), or games I already own (such as several GBA titles on Wii U VC since the Wii U isn't very practical to play imo).

I have a switch and a 3DS XL! I used to own a DS Lite, but it broke apart... I used to also own a DSi, but I traded it for a 3DS XL when they came out.

I have 2 DSLites (one of which still works completely fine, and the other that does turn on, but the screen doesn't work/turn on, ever...), my midnight purple 3DS, and my Switch Lite.

I'm starting to realize I have a pattern with Lite consoles... On the bright side, for me at least, my sister (who has the regular switch) keeps having joycon drift problems and will probably need to have them replaced. I, on the other hand, had it for one day, and then it stopped. And that was ~2 days after ACNH was released. I haven't had it since!

Last edited:
Among the consoles owned by my boyfriend and I...

Nintendo: A bunch of Gameboys/Gameboy Colors, a couple Gameboy Advances/SPs, a couple DS' and a DS Lite, a 3DS and a 3DS XL, and two Switches... although it's still hard for me to think of the Switch as a true handheld, since we mostly play it on the TV.

Sony: One lonely PSP that doesn't get much use.

Other: A barely-played Sega Gamegear, but I kind of wish I never had it to begin with.

Among all of them... the 3DS is definitely my fav. It has a great game library and I take it with me pretty much everywhere.

I have a 2 Switches that I bought to play NH, and I still have my Nintendo DS that I got as a kid to play WW. I charged it and turned it on recently to see if it still works, and it does! I briefly looked at my old WW town and thought about playing it alongside NH, but I dont really feel a connection to it anymore. I would probably restart my town if I was going to play it again.
the switch is definitely my favorite because I bought 2 of them

i got a pink ds lite, pokemon black dsi, black and blue 2ds xl and the neon nintendo switch ☆

i have to say the switch is an amazing console because it has my favourite games (breath of the wild & age of calamity) and it's super high quality lol

however my 2ds xl is my favourite console, i'm not allowed to hack my switch because it's super expensive and if it got ruined i would probably cry forever, but i have loads of cheats on my ds games making them super fun (offline only games of course and i only cheat after i complete my games i'm not that bad)

Back