• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What games are you hoping to play throughout the next year?

For upcoming games, just Pokemon Brilliant Diamond, Pokemon Legends: Arceus, and Shin Megami Tensei V.

For games I currently have, probably just Genshin Impact, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Fire Emblem: Awakening.

New games (new releases/games already out that I don't currently own) that I'm hoping to play;

• Super Mario 3D World - really enjoy most of the games in the Mario series and this game seemed like a lot of fun to play when I watched the streams of it for the Bell Tee Championships earlier in the year
  • Luigi's Mansion 3 - never actually played any of the games in this series but always hear good things about them and I really like he setting and story of the game
  • Pokemon Snap - used to love the original Pokemon Snap game as it was very relaxing and the graphics look good on this one so I'm hoping to play it over the next year but it's lower priority to the ones above
  • Mario Party Superstars - the series is always a lot of fun to play and there are so many past minigames that I love making a return in this, can't wait to pick it up and play it with friends and family
  • Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - enjoyed the original game but I haven't played it in a long time, and can no longer find my game, so I'm looking forward to getting to play the remake
  • Pokemon Legends - this game looks really interesting from what has been released so far and as a fan of most of the Pokemon games in general I'm really excited for its release
I'll also be continuing to play Anima Crossing over the next year (both NH and NL), as well as aiming to 100% at least one of Super Mario Sunshine or Odyssey (I've replayed both games recently but haven't collected all the Sunshine Sprites or Moons) and playing a bit more of SSBU as it's a game I enjoy but haven't got around to playing too much recently.

Definitely the new gen 4 Pokemon games. I actually almost have enough Scene Points saved up to get it for free so that's a cool bonus.

Hopefully Digimon Survive finally gets released. Looks nice. Looks like a survival game for adults. Hopefully, it strays away from the more kiddish themes of friendship-is-magic of past games.

Zelda Breath of the Wild 2: Not sure when it will get released or even if gets released next year but I am looking forward to it. I really hope it continues to expand on the story and world-building of BoTW.

Pokemon Legends Arceus: An open-world RPG game! GF finally listened! Its also very similar to my favourite Switch game Breath of the Wild so I can only imagine how much time I'll spend on it. Its such a bold new direction for the franchise! I have nothing but optimism for this game.

Mario Party Superstars: I love the Mario franchise so much! The mini games will be very fun and with around 100 of them, it will keep me certainly occupied. It'll also be a great game to play with my husband who's not much of a game player but looks forward to this.

I've played a lot of games but haven't beaten a lot of them. Its a problem.
  • Sims 3: Haven't really played it since I bought it a while back and I hear great things about it.
  • Super Mario Sunshine: Its been more than a decade since I made my profile and I have yet to beat it.
  • Super Mario Galaxy: Loved what I played of the second game so I'm excited to play through this one.
  • Luigi's Mansion 3: Never really play through Luigi's Mansion that much so I'm hoping to sink some time in
  • Splatoon 2/3: love this game so much and can't wait to dive back into the fandom once 3 comes out.
  • ACNH: Here's hoping I can actually enjoy it once again when the updates features are announced.
  • Club Penguin: I'm just childish and am a sucker for nostalgia.
There's more games but I can't sink in a ton of time to them since they aren't myself particular favorites.

The Gen 4 Pokemon games for sure, and maybe that open world Kirby game because it looks so cute and interesting. I don't know when Splatoon 3 is coming out but I'm hoping to play it as well since I haven't played any splat games at all and many of my friends seem to be having fun with it.

As for current games, I just started playing Cookie Run Kingdom and I am very, very addicted, so I think I might be playing it all the way to next year at least. My interest in Genshin is slowly dwindling but I'll still do my dailies at the very least. I'm very lazy to do the Inazuma puzzles lol.

In order of release (I think?)

100% the monkey ball remake
like 30% on board with metroid dread
100% with elden ring

then, whenever they come out:
I need to play at least 1 splatoon game so splatoon 3
BotW2
maybe the 3D kirby?
Silksong
and maybe one more that I'm forgetting?

Doki Doki Literature Club!
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (I might get Shining Pearl for Christmas, but let's see what happens with that)
The Advance Wars reboot.
Yakuza 6
Octopath Traveler.

I think that's about it, really.

Back