• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What game would you like to live life in?

the intelligent answer would be something relatively peaceful like Animal Crossing or Rune Factory, as my brain could probably use the break

but I'd much prefer something more exciting! Persona would be my first choice, or maybe Valkyrie Profile, assuming I'd be a valkyrie and not an einherjar. I'd say Pokemon as well, but I suppose that depends on whether we're going by the world of the games, or how it would realistically pan out, lmao. I think it would be impossible to be sad if you had a big ol' Altaria to hug.

Despite my love for Pokemon...definitely not the Pokemon universe. Can you imagine world, no, universe ending mons by lunatics like Cyrus? I can't. Zelda universe is dangerous as well if you aren't Link.

So, in terms of living a nice worry-free life, Animal Crossing, Stardew or Harvest Moon/ Story of Seasons are the safest bets. AC is relaxing and more interesting but Harvest Moon has a relaxing, down to earth feel that I can get lost in. In AC I would be lonely without other humans after a while so my final choice would be Harvest Moon.

I'd probably have to say Animal Crossing too lol
Having walking talking animals as neighbors might take some getting used to 🤣 But overall it just seems like such a nice universe to live in without all the annoying, stressful elements of living, and being able to actually meet your villagers would be kind of crazy 😮

Anther universe I'd love to live in would be Splatoon, ASSUMING I get to be an Inkling also and not stay human 🤣🤣
I love the Inkling culture/society and fashion and of course Splafests/ink battles, it's really not all the different from normal society so I don't think I'd have any trouble adjusting 😃

Ive always dreamt of living in the Pokemon world! If i had to absolutely choose. But i love my life too much to choose anything else haha.

Honestly, I might choose Skyrim. Yeah, you’d have a lot of problems and people are also trying to kill you all the time, but you’re also the freakin’ Dovahkiin so you’re kind of a celebrity which might be fun. It certainly wouldn’t be boring.

I would love to live in ACNL, I love trains as transportation, and I would like the responsibilty of being Mayor, I would feel like I have a purpose still and would get to make sure that the town looks lovely. Part of me wants to say I'd like to live in Stardew Valley but I think I'm too physically weak for farming. I would love to meet a junimo though

Professor Layton, certainly. if i could choose a specific location, i would like to live in Misthallery from the 4th game. it looks like the perfect town for late night walks.
artwork.professor-layton-and-the-last-specter.404x480.2011-11-25.48.jpg

I’d have to say Mushroom Kingdom/Mario Universe. Yes, Bowser is a constant threat, but you get to make it up with kart races. Plus everything is so cute…the flowers, the mushrooms, Toads, etc.

Last edited:
There are so many cool answers in this thread! It gives me a lot to think about. Right now I'm torn between Harvest Moon and Persona. I'd totally go for Harvest Moon if I could be a reclusive artist npc instead of a farmer. I'd have a workshop to paint in and my own little cottage and it'd be so quaint! c: Even so, I think the Persona universe appeals just a little bit more to me. I like how it mixes the real world with fantastical elements and there's so much to do that I'd never be bored. I'd probably be terrified of the shadows... but my character arc could be all about facing those fears! I think it'd be worth it.

This is a tough one cause I would like to say Animal Crossing cause that would be such an amazing peaceful life living with all the animals.

On the other hand if I could respawn it would be fun living in GTA being able to own all those amazing cars and property. ( I do not condone the criminal acts that happen in game though)

I can think of a few games I would like to live in. Obviously animal crossing would be one (probably my town in NL), everything just seems so carefree and simple with no stress to worry about. Other places that come to mind are the Comet Observatory from Mario Galaxy and Wuhu Island from Wii Sports Resort.

The Comet Observatory is a really nostalgic place that I remember spending tons of time in as a kid - I probably spent more time exploring it than actually playing the game as intended.

And I've spent hours flying around Wuhu Island in Wii Sports Resort and in Pilotwings Resort. Like animal crossing, it also just feels like a relaxing place where you have no obligation to do anything and the whole island is so beautiful.

A lot of video game worlds are unsafe and would kill an average person within a few days. For example, in Mario, there's random bottomless pits, and enemies that can hurt you just by walking into you. In Sonic, if you don't have any rings, you'll just die if you touch a robot. The only thing that would make life in those worlds safe is extra lives, and most people would get a game over before realizing. There's also worlds like GTA, where there's just casually 5 star criminals walking around.

One of the safest worlds to live in is AC. There's nothing to seriously hurt you, as long as we're going by game logic (hopefully getting hit in the waist with an axe doesn't work like in real life). You don't have to go to work or anything, just go outside for a while. And most people are friendly. Pokémon would be interesting too, as long as you're a normal trainer and not the protagonist. I'd pick either of those.

Back