What game did you start playing online with?

?

• Wild World! I'm an online veteran!

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • City Folk/Let's go to the city! I've been playing online for quite a while!

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • New Leaf! Guess I'm pretty new to online play!

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters

Dim

Stay bright little fireflies
Bells
Switch
8579-5303-4501
Island
Black Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
There are many Animal Crossings that featured online play, starting with Wild World to City Folk/Let's go to the city to our recent New Leaf. Which game did you start out playing online? I started out with Wild Wild (veteran here lol) but I've seen a lot of people who never played Wild World online. So, which game did you begin playing online with? :)

I've only played AC on Gamecube and New Leaf in terms of AC games

Started AC on Gamecube and always felt that it should be on a handheld for portability and convenience. Along came WW, and it was great. So yearh, started AC online experience with WW. It had its quirks and limitations, but it was a solid, relaxing game.

Started on Animal Crossing for GameCube in 2001, but I only got into this game because I pitched it to so many parents while working at Toys R Us that I sold myself on the game, which turns out to be quite fun, so I stayed with it 15 years (almost) later!
I actually technically left the series in 2004, because my favorite left, but when I saw a DS one was coming, decided to give it another chance. It was the first time I ever played online in the series, so yeah, I'm a veteran too.

Last edited:
I remember playing online on WW. Those were the best WiFi sessions of my life. :D

I remember playing online on WW. Those were the best WiFi sessions of my life. :D
Yea same. I remember chilling with friends and listening to the 8pm music. It was really peaceful.

In 2011, I played Let's Go to the City online with my old best friend a lot. I'm no longer friends with that person and I don't know anyone else who plays Animal Crossing, so here I am!

I'd vote, but I can't actually remember for sure. I got all the games in order, but I don't have any memories of playing Wild World (on Wi-Fi) until after City Folk was out, and I have many more memories of playing on City Folk than on Wild World. I'm gonna have to think about this.

Last edited:
I started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf Online. But I wouldn't say I am new to it as I understand how it works.

I started playing online with Wild World. Mostly local with my brother or best friend. I remember playing with randoms online and getting scammed a lot :/ I had better experinces with CF though

AC:NL. I was about age 3-7 when playing Wild world so I only ever played with my sister and my auntie. I started serious online playstyle last year at nine years.

I didn't really get into AC before the release of New Leaf. I have them all aside from Wild World, but I really started to play online with others when New Leaf came out.

I started with City Folk but went back and spent much more online time in Wild World.

I've hardly used the multiplayer in New Leaf because I'm boring/my town is trash. I just keep to trading and such usually.

Back