• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do YOU think the LOZ timeline is?

watercat8 said:
AverageSean said:
There's no timeline. He's a hero of time, and he travels between time.
even if that was true, that still means that there is time, which causes for a time line.
you moron, time doesn't move in a line, it moves in a circle. That's why most clocks are round.

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Tyeforce said:
The split-timeline theory is truth, and here is my own timeline theory:

................................../@--> TWW@ -- PH --|--> LoZ* -- AoL
TMC --> FS --> +OoT
..................................\-- MM --> TP* --> +FSA @--> ALttP* -- LA --> OoA/OoS

Legend:
LoZ: The Legend of Zelda
AoL: The Adventure of ]ALttP[/b]: A Link to the Past
LA: Link's Awakening
OoT: Ocarina of Time
MM: Majora's Mask
OoA: Oracle of Ages
OoS: Oracle of Seasons
FS: Four Swords
TWW: The Wind Waker
FSA: Four Swords Adventures
TMC: The Minish Cap
TP: Twilight Princess
PH: Phantom Hourglass
-->: Games are connected chronologically, but feature different Links
--: Games are directly linked and feature the same Link
/: Timeline A, with adult Link and Ganon sealed
\: Timeline B, with young Link and the King is warned of Ganondorf's intentions
*: Ganon is killed
@: Ganon is sealed
+: A new Ganondorf is born
|: The Great Sea drains and Hyrule is unflooded. The Master Sword is somehow removed from Ganondorf's stone body, reviving him.

I'll post a picture if I ever make one. =P
...Does anyone agree with my theory?
Somewhat but Ganon only dies in TP.
Ganon clearly dies in LoZ and ALttP...
But there is only one Ganon, a new one is never born, it's the same one throughout the entire series unlike Link and Zelda.

Yetiman15 said:
Tyeforce said:
Tyeforce said:

TMC --> FS --> +OoT
..................................\-- MM --> TP* --> +FSA @--> ALttP* -- LA --> OoA/OoS

Legend:
|: The Great Sea drains and Hyrule is unflooded. The Master Sword is somehow removed from Ganondorf's stone body, reviving him.

Somewhat but explain to me how LoZ fits in after WW? and how TP after MM.
TP is confirmed to be after MM. It takes place 100 years after Ganondorf was imprisoned by the King because Zelda sent Link back in time at the end of OoT, and Link told the Kind about what Ganondorf was up to. So Ganondorf was imprisoned, and he was sentenced to be executed, which was shown in TP. But when the Ancient Sages tried to kill him, the Triforce of Power came back to him, giving him the power to break free of his chains and kill a Sage. The Sages had no choice but to seal Ganondorf away in the Twilight Realm as a last resort.

As for TWW and LoZ... There are obvious signs of a flood in LoZ. Hyrule was a wasteland. It would also explain why the Master Sword (called the Magic Sword in the game) wasn't in its pedestal, but in an old man's possession. Somehow, the Master Sword was pulled from Ganondorf's stone body, reviving him. Maybe Zelda Wii will shed some light on it. Either that, or it could completely disprove everything.

Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Tyeforce said:

TMC --> FS --> +OoT

Legend:

Somewhat but Ganon only dies in TP.
Ganon clearly dies in LoZ and ALttP...
But there is only one Ganon, a new one is never born, it's the same one throughout the entire series unlike Link and Zelda.
And where is that stated, huh? The reason why I think that there are two Ganons is because the Ganon from FSA's backstory is quite different from OoT's. A lot of stuff doesn't fit. And, as we know, a new Gerudo King is born every 100 years, so why couldn't the next male born be the second incarnation of Ganon, just like there are many different Links and Zeldas? It would also explain how Ganon is still alive after TP, because he clearly died there. The only way is if there was a new Ganon. But all this is just my speculation. Don't take it as fact, lol.

me and my friend were discussing this a while back at school. it is really a good discussion topic as it is a great mystery to find the true order. since i have not played a majority of these, i can't say where most go. i have OoT, seen MM many times and have TP and for that part, sounds okay with me. but that i think is the easiest part to figure out. there's so much evidence that links those three games

Personally I think that there is no time line. I think that its a mixed up story.....like a different version of the same thing.
Like why would every princess be named Zelda, and every hero be named Link?
Maybe Nintendo didn't make the time line, maybe the fans made it up.
I think I might ask Nintendo if there really is a time line, and if there is one what is the order.

technoxmaniac said:
Personally I think that thee is no time line. I think that its a mixed up story.....like a different version of the same thing.
Like why would every princess be named Zelda, and every hero be named ]Every princess is named Zelda because, well...
In the sequel to The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Link must rescue a Princess Zelda from long ago. According to the backstory, the power of the Triforce had belonged to one man alone, a great king of Hyrule. When he died, the artifact was divided, and the heir to the throne could inherit only part of it. Before his death, the king had told only the prince's younger sister, Zelda, where the missing parts of the Triforce could be found. The princess would not give away her precious secret, even under threats from the prince and one of his counselors, an evil magician. In his anger, the magician put a powerful sleeping curse on the princess, despite the objections of the prince. The spell was successful, but the magician died in exhaustion after its casting. The devastated prince ordered that every female born into the royal family would be named Zelda in memory of the tragedy. Princess Zelda was placed in the North Palace and lay there for untold ages until Link (on his sixteenth birthday, years after the events of the original The Legend of Zelda) learned of her fate and set out to break the curse.
And as for every hero being named Link...I guess it's just fate. And Miyamoto has confirmed the split timeline, so it does exist.

Tyeforce said:
technoxmaniac said:
Personally I think that thee is no time line. I think that its a mixed up story.....like a different version of the same thing.
Like why would every princess be named Zelda, and every hero be named ]Every princess is named Zelda because, well...
In the sequel to The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Link must rescue a Princess Zelda from long ago. According to the backstory, the power of the Triforce had belonged to one man alone, a great king of Hyrule. When he died, the artifact was divided, and the heir to the throne could inherit only part of it. Before his death, the king had told only the prince's younger sister, Zelda, where the missing parts of the Triforce could be found. The princess would not give away her precious secret, even under threats from the prince and one of his counselors, an evil magician. In his anger, the magician put a powerful sleeping curse on the princess, despite the objections of the prince. The spell was successful, but the magician died in exhaustion after its casting. The devastated prince ordered that every female born into the royal family would be named Zelda in memory of the tragedy. Princess Zelda was placed in the North Palace and lay there for untold ages until Link (on his sixteenth birthday, years after the events of the original The Legend of Zelda) learned of her fate and set out to break the curse.
And as for every hero being named Link...I guess it's just fate. And Miyamoto has confirmed the slip timeline, so it does exist.
:eek:
oh......

Tyeforce said:
technoxmaniac said:
And as for every hero being named Link...I guess it's just fate. And Miyamoto has confirmed the slip timeline, so it does exist.
*split, lol

Megamannt125 said:
Minish Cap
Ocarina of time
Then because of ]Wow nice job! and i have an idea but am too lazy and also i havent played all of them so it wouldnt turn out right probably

how is it a timeline with wind waker and phantom hourglass?
how do you explain where all the water came from, and where did all of it go?
i sound like a noob...

stampy said:
how is it a timeline with wind waker and phantom hourglass?
how do you explain where all the water came from, and where did all of it go?
i sound like a noob...
Because in the begining of Wind Waker it tells how after Ocarina of Time ganon came back and since The Hero of Time went back in time the gods had to flood the world to stop ganon.

Megamannt125 said:
He's not always named ]Canonically, his name is Link. That's what he's referred to as in manual, manga/cartoon, and other games (Smash Bros.).

Back