What do you think of/do you use Uber/Lyft, Americans? (or other countries)

Never used it before and I doubt I will since I have my own truck to go as I please. I do like the idea of them though!

Have known of UBER since 2015 , i love their services , the drivers are always nice to you :). The only con about it is sometimes it can get expensive , which sometimes i still use taxis.

im not even old enough to use uber yet. the idea of it seems kinda ehh. id feel more comfortable getting a ride from some i at least know

when i was in chicago, i had the worst uber drivers, they were super rude every time or went extraneously long ways to get more money (which i expect with taxis, but i stated i had to be somewhere at a VERY SPECIFIC TIME and it ran me late)
though, in tennessee, i used uber and had a much nicer experience. the man i met had a super neat life story he told us. it was really neat.

overall im no, i'd rather take a regular cab or see if i can find like, a trolley/bus to take

Prefer using Lyft over Uber since the former doesn't treat their employees like utter ****. It's a game changer being able to call a ride, have it come in no time at all, and have it be affordable. Traditional taxis are gonna (and should) die eventually. Out of the dozens upon dozens of rides I've taken there's only been a few bad drivers, overall it's been wonderful.

The taxi prices in my city (small-medium size city, ~120k people) are quite decent, so whenever I need a ride somewhere I usually just use a taxi. I'm still kinda paranoid about getting in an unregulated stranger's car, even knowing that it's not really less safe than a taxi. But I can see the appeal of Uber/Lyft, after attending a wedding in a different city and taking a 7 minute cab back to my hotel that cost me $30 when it would have been maybe $15 where I currently live. Holy heck. I don't think Uber/Lyft had made it to that specific city yet but I hope it does to make taxi prices more competitive, jeez.

I love Uber. The drivers are friendly, the service is superb, and it doesn't cost all that much. It's a breakthrough in commuting, honestly.

i think its very convenient. much more convenient than a taxi. it really is a hit or miss depending on your driver.

My older brother does lyft. (Though he hacked it so he could appear to be driving 24/7)
I personally think that Uber/Lyft are a evolutionary in public transportation.
Like someone said earlier, taxis will die eventually.
Still uncomfortable getting into a stranger's car, but they are fast, and affordable!

Never got the chance to use one, but glad they're in use, it's a alternative to public transit and traditional taxis and is great for say, somebody living without a car in a larger city (or without a car in general). Well, there is the "I'm getting in the car of somebody I don't know" concern, it's really no big deal, and a lot of the users are really trustworthy. On the other end, it seems like a great way to earn some quick cash on the side and would be a fantastic way for someone like a college student to earn a quick buck

Last edited:
I use Uber all the time, they're really reliable in my city and I find they're usually cheaper than regular taxis. Also convenient for me since I hardly ever carry cash around and it just comes off my phone

I've never used Uber/Lyft but I like the idea. If you can provide a better service for less money, what's wrong with that?

i wrote in this thread but i have a thing 2 add . uber and stuff like that is illegal here, which might sound stupid but imo the reasons sound p Valid. basically it's cool as long as the ppl dont pay for it but when u add a fee it becomes illegal taxi stuff . run this page thru google translate if u wanna read more abt it but yea uhhh you need permission from transportstyrelsen to be a taxi driver and uber drvers dont have that.
http://fordonskurser.se/artikel/laglig-taxiverksamhet-och-uber

the idea of traveling together in one car instead of several cars to not kill the planet as quickly is good but uber is more like a taxi service than that. ppl driving around waiting for ppl to use their taxi service isnt really the same thing as "yo we're both in the same place and are both going this way, we can drive in one car to b nice 2 the planet" . :|

I'm pretty sure it isn't a thing in England, but if it was cheaper than a taxi I would go for it! Although taxis around my area aren't too expensive anyway.

i've used uber but not lyft. it's convenient to have but other than that i don't really think much of it (though i like the drivers who give out free candy heh). i mainly use it when i'm away at college when i'm in a hurry to an exam or when i'm out late with friends at a party typically leaving at 3-4 am. however if i'm not in a hurry or if i leave before a certain time i'll opt to take my university bus instead because it's free (probably covered in term bill fees anyway) and uber demand is pretty high at those times.

however when i'm back at home i use the subway instead of uber because it's more cost-friendly and convenient (underground avoiding vehicle traffic).

Back