What do you remember from the classic internet era (2007-2012)?

Numa Numa amd Hamster Dance were big in my post-Yahooligans era. AlbinoBlackSheep, Sambakza(spelling???)'s There She Is! Flash animations, Newgrounds, Real Ninjas and its spoofs, Hellpoemer's Naruto animations on DeviantArt, etc. I had a lot of fun.

First thing that comes to mind is the cringe memes lol. Trollface Era was just something else.

I remember flash games like Star Doll, Moshi Monsters, any miniclip games etc. and playing them on computers at school

I also remember classic YouTube with Charlie the Unicorn, Gummi Bear, nigahiga, Shane Dawson etc...also a cringe era lol

All I remember about 2007 specifically was being mad that Electronic Arts decided to merge their The Sims 2 forum UK with other existing forums and create one big EA UK community forum. TS2UK had been my internet home for years and while I made some new friends through the move (lots of FIFA fans, one I even met in person in 2009) it was never the same. 😔

did anyone else other than me play OurWorld? i was obsessed with it from 2011-2013. i played it a few more years between 2016-2019 for the nostalgia, then it shut down because the company didnt wanna moderate it.

i really miss virtual spaces like that. avatar dress up and "rooms" to interact with rather than JUST forums.

did anyone else other than me play OurWorld? i was obsessed with it from 2011-2013. i played it a few more years between 2016-2019 for the nostalgia, then it shut down because the company didnt wanna moderate it.

i really miss virtual spaces like that. avatar dress up and "rooms" to interact with rather than JUST forums.
I remember playing it for a little while. I would mostly play Fantage and Monkey Quest. I miss virtual worlds too…

Last edited:
i'm not sure if i remember the specific year correctly for all these things but hopefully i'm close

- using skype/msn before discord was a thing
- everyone using facebook
- finding anime episodes on youtube split in parts 🤭
- watching og youtubers like nigahiga, jenna marbles, pewdiepie, michelle phan, superwoman/lily singh
- looking for random/funny answers on yahoo answers
- play mini flash games on disney/nick or barbie/polly pocket/bratz dolls
- being obsessed with tumblr
- forums being way more active
- using gamefaqs for those long text only walkthroughs if i get stuck on a game
- joining random chatrooms which now that i look back on i really shouldn't have been doing cause there were a lot of creeps who tried to talk to me
- limewire (if u know u know)

Back