• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you do with your Mule characters’ houses? (PICS!)

tolisamarie

Bells
Switch
3951-3669-0593
Dreamy Bear Plush
Jingloid
Snow Angel Snowman
Jingloid
Dreamy Bear Plush
Red Super Star Trophy
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Jingle Christmas Doll
Timmy Christmas Doll
My husband and I both play and have our two houses, and we created two “mule” characters for storage and for fun.

The first one we created is Dr. Moreau, because I think an island full of anthropomorphic animals needs a Dr. Moreau.

7E2F9B46-5131-41F3-8023-20B621F1A94D.jpeg

This is the main room - I had to get that grand piano in there!

1FF02125-3D56-4BB6-BD2A-ABB823DCEC9F.jpeg

Here’s the laboratory where he does his creepy experiments

17A53AE7-2E4C-4FD7-A75C-C5E1EF3F2A1A.jpeg

This is his office where he writes about his creepy experiments and monitors the whole island

2017102E-7C7D-48F8-B464-1AD8E3E07F78.jpeg

I imagined he’d have an Asian inspired bedroom

BEE59FEC-8C3E-46A1-8C5D-4FA4C86BCB4A.jpeg

And a weird conservatory

2570C4BB-8A63-4553-ADF0-98271DA06733.jpeg

But the Pièce de Résistance is the dungeon where he keeps his failed experiments

C3705E24-305C-4BAB-8CB6-6C1795E8F07E.jpeg

The second character is Season Inn - a venue/hotel that allows me to make use of seasonal furniture that I don’t want in my own house.

The main room is a reception hall

9692C2B8-090D-40C0-A825-BAA2C0D7A786.jpeg

There’s also a chapel

E3D70EA4-ED14-462F-B0CE-6B0BF472675B.jpeg

A pirate themed room for kids

6F2CD70E-FF6C-4DE5-9C6A-23070B682E64.jpeg

A Halloween party room

714C7F2F-3301-4D5C-9DB8-B892DBE4709E.jpeg

Under the Sea Suite

222589BF-F685-425B-A4D2-106AAE80D845.jpeg

And the North Pole Suite

*EDIT* I swapped the Ice wall & floor for the Iceberg wall & floor. I think it looks better and the water areas on the floor splash when you walk through them.

A929AF9B-E164-498B-BF82-59A2A805307F.jpeg

I think that having extra houses to decorate is awesome! And the extra storage is great too. So what have you done with your extra characters?

ALL THE ROOMS IN MY HOUSE

Last edited:
those rooms look incredible!! i especially love the halloween party room & the north pole suite😍. i haven’t decorated my side character’s house yet as i’ve been focusing on my own but maybe i should start working on that :’o

I only make mule characters if they can fit the overarching theme. As it currently stands I have a copy of my rep as a deer (mostly so I can have a tent), a gnome king and one...interesting character.

I haven’t exactly gotten to working on the gnome king’s house (it’ll be a palace) and with the other character I’d rather keep it a secret. Here’s a tent tour, though!
6B93D1C4-705E-409D-8569-12D2B7FA57AB.jpeg

Last edited:
I created a hotel w/ my other character!

Don't have any pics rn, but the main room is the lobby, the three small rooms are the hotel bedrooms, the upstairs is a nice asian restaurant, and the basement is split into a gym and a play area.

I have five characters in total. My main's house is pretty mundane, but my side characters have (so far) some kind of theme going. The two closest to being complete are the Frankenstein house and the Inn, though neither has the basement added yet. I've posted most of these in my journal, but

My favorite house has an "once elegant now deteriorated" look. It's actually sort of a Frankenstein themed character, so the house is supposed to be occupied by the Frankenstein's monster. Evidently, home maintenance is outside of their area of expertise.
EkvmrSBVMAYo5gW_2.jpeg

Ekvm2qgU0AAoO55_2.jpeg
EkvmrRiU8AEbEXs_2.jpeg
EkvmrRiUcAEELKX_2.jpeg
Ekvm2p0VMAcnqZo_2.jpeg

The Inn with coffee shop: I tried to give each of the three guest rooms kind of their own distinct aesthetic.
Eh-Rvd9UwAEjLYh.jpeg

EiDjPEKU8AA3q2z.jpeg
EiDjPERUMAAznLB.jpeg
EiDjdOVVgAEs-b6.jpeg

By the way, I love your houses. Especially the first one: Dr. Moreau:)

@An0nn
Your abandoned house is beautiful :O What are those big flower items in the first two pics?
Thank you, Manah!

They're both versions of the fallen leaf piles. The yellow-leaf pile takes acorns to craft and is available right now if your island is in the Northern Hemisphere. The second is the red-leaf pile. Full disclosure, I had to tt a bit for that one; it's available mid-late November in the Northern hemisphere.

Honey bears house is cute so far, but I want to make it a bears holiday house.
Valentine's kitchen, Forth of July picnic, retro diner Halloween party, Christmas cabin in main room, etc.

Hazel lives in the haunted forest, and has a haunted house.

Thank you, Manah!

They're both versions of the fallen leaf piles. The yellow-leaf pile takes acorns to craft and is available right now if your island is in the Northern Hemisphere. The second is the red-leaf pile. Full disclosure, I had to tt a bit for that one; it's available mid-late November in the Northern hemisphere.
No, I meant the ones behind the fireplace^^ I think they're customized flower stands, right?

(I'm in fall right now and yeah, the seasonal DIYs are a bit of a pain. Not looking forward to the maple leaf pressure. >>)

My extra characters simultaneously are and aren't "mules," as the primary purpose behind their creation originally was for more storage space because I'm a terrible hoarder who can never have enough clothes apparently, but I've given them all their own little personalities, backstories, etc. so I feel like they're full characters unto themselves rather than just storage. For example, one's an adventurer/warrior who has a bunch of different locales for the different rooms, like a desert, the magma cavern, etc. Another character is basically island security since we don't have Booker and Copper in this game, and she has rooms like a security monitor observation room, a jail, etc. I could keep going on, but I have the maximum 8 characters allowed, so I'd go on for a while if I did. I might take screenshots sometime.

I want to say though, I love both of the houses you've shown. The Dr. Moreau one is especially fitting for the game and a fun idea.

No, I meant the ones behind the fireplace^^ I think they're customized flower stands, right?

(I'm in fall right now and yeah, the seasonal DIYs are a bit of a pain. Not looking forward to the maple leaf pressure. >>)
Oh! Oops, sorry about that. Yes, customized flower stands! They're gorgeous, but kind of a pain to fit anywhere since they're that awkward 1.5x1.5 size. Because of that, I've used them less than I thought I would when I first saw a pic of one online.

I only make mule characters if they can fit the overarching theme. As it currently stands I have a copy of my rep as a deer (mostly so I can have a tent), a gnome king and one...interesting character.

I haven’t exactly gotten to working on the gnome king’s house (it’ll be a palace) and with the other character I’d rather keep it a secret. Here’s a tent tour, though!View attachment 328576
Gnome King? Will your island be Oz themed? That would be amazing!

I have five characters in total. My main's house is pretty mundane, but my side characters have (so far) some kind of theme going. The two closest to being complete are the Frankenstein house and the Inn, though neither has the basement added yet. I've posted most of these in my journal, but

My favorite house has an "once elegant now deteriorated" look. It's actually sort of a Frankenstein themed character, so the house is supposed to be occupied by the Frankenstein's monster. Evidently, home maintenance is outside of their area of expertise.
View attachment 328608

The Inn with coffee shop: I tried to give each of the three guest rooms kind of their own distinct aesthetic.
View attachment 328604

By the way, I love your houses. Especially the first one: Dr. Moreau:)

I love your abandoned rooms!!! They’re so well decorated!! Also @tolisamarie Dr. Moreau’s house is exactly what I’d imagine his house to look like if he played ACNH 😆

I have one extra house that was my bf’s house before he quit playing so I’m just trying to decorate his house in a way that seems like he actually would live there? Even if he’s not playing anymore, I want it to feel like his character still lives there o:

My main island's theme ended up demanding way more houses than I expected. I have all 8 (not all upgraded, though!) and while I sometimes look back and wonder what even happened and why I got so carried away, I'm pretty proud of what I've done with them.
The humans are all made to fit their houses and I even went far enough to make unique passports for all of them: titles and all.
The theme's a secret while I'm still working on it but I'll say just this: one is a funeral. 😜

My alt character is for fun not storage. She has her own story. Her name is Luna and she loves reading , nature and astronomy. She loves the colors yellow , green and purple. Here is her house.
main room
DE10EC61-4201-41D6-B8C9-F41788486FED.jpeg

Left room
0B70A20F-2F27-4326-B100-F8F0DC2656FC.jpeg

upstairs might change to an observatory
B5FE230D-46A4-479B-9900-B74F393CBB29.jpeg

back room
F56B94A1-5C5D-4CB4-8277-22983A79CBF2.jpeg

right room
3DB13D60-C391-4DC4-B2FC-C4924F37D387.jpeg

this is the start of her kitchen/ dinning room
3434E907-4D14-4259-A8F3-BBE41E744C92.jpeg