What diet do you have?

What is your diet?

• Total voters
I've been vegan for about 5 years and was vegetarian for 2-3 years before that. I never really liked meat or dairy so it was an extremely easy change to make. It's mostly for ethical/environmental reasons but I'm chill about what other people eat.

I don't have a specific diet I follow, but I lean more toward vegetarianism because I refuse to touch and cook raw meat yet love all forms of vegetables. I'll eat meat when someone else is cooking, though it still depends on what the meat is and how it's cooked. For example, I dislike pork and ham (beef is a toss-up,) but I like chicken and turkey when I'm in the mood for them.

Milk, eggs, cheese, and fish are all on the table. Given my love for traditional ice cream, I'd have a difficult time being a strict vegan.

I am 99% vegetarian. I do very occasionally have a tuna sandwich if I buy a meal deal for lunch. I was brought up in a meat eating household. As a kid I would eat the veg and sauce from a casserole. I could never eat red meat. Before I even knew what vegetarian/pescatarian was. I was sent to bed without dinner as I couldn’t stomach a roast.

I took cookery in school (not good at many things but I had cold hands and made fab pastry 😂) and took over family meals from 15.

Life happened, I need to start cooking properly again 🙈

I'm quite fussy and meat is one of the few things that I really enjoy so I pretty much eat some all the time.
I cannot eat a meal with no meat or else it feels incomplete to me.
I also don't enjoy any kind of fish or sea food.

I’m not sure this counts as a diet, but I’m lactose intolerant, so I can’t have dairy. Thankfully I found substitutes for people like me. I love the oat milk that I regularly buy and if there’s any dairy-free ice cream with my favorite flavors (Cookie Dough, Cookies and Cream and Vanilla) I’ll grab some no questions asked.

Anything else like the most talked about vegan, not really. But when there are vegan dairy-free foods, I won’t hesitate to try them.

Oh, and about meat yes, I live off of that stuff.

Last edited:
I'm definitely a meat eater. Very rarely will I go a day without at least one of my meals having some kind of meat in it.

I'm a vegetarian, and I also tend to choose plant-based alternatives for things like milk even though I don't have issues consuming milk or cheese. I just prefer the taste of almond or oat milk.

I'm big on texture when it comes to my food, and any chewy bits or visible fat immediately turns my stomach, so I avoid meat for that reason among others. That said, I have no issues with anyone who wants to eat meat around me and would never try and push my diet onto anyone else. Eat what makes you happy. :)

I don't really define myself as one thing or another. I grew up in a household eating meat (albeit I was a bit picky), but as an adult, I just don't really care for it. I love fruits, vegetables and carbohydrates lol. I cook vegetarian for myself, but I am capable of cooking meat. I don't eat lamb, pork, turkey, duck or any game meats. I do eat (ocean) fish, milk, and eggs. I generally order something vegetarian or pescatarian when dining out, but if my family is cooking (e.g. at Christmas), I will eat whatever they make (incl. chicken, beef).

I think higher welfare food is important. Australia produces a lot of beef and lamb in outdoor, grazing environments (though the regulation of live, international sheep export continues to be problematic). Australian free range chicken is readily available, but there are also options that have lesser welfare conditions. Pork continues to be the most concerning to me. A lot of pork is imported, though Australia also produces pork. Free range pork is less readily available/identifiable, and imported pork doesn't tend to specify whether it is even sow-stall free. I'd like to see improved conditions for Australian pigs. 🐷❤️

Free range eggs are easily available and some producers have really good conditions. At least one supermarket is phasing out caged eggs by 2025 (originally to be phased out by 2023), and nationally, changes to regulations have increased the welfare requirements for hens in egg farming (to be implemented by 2036). I honestly don't know about milk, as it's never crossed my radar.

I know this wasn't a thread on animal welfare, but this is just what goes on in my head lol.

there isn’t really a specific diet that i follow— i’ll eat any food if i like it, but i am a meat eater. i grew up in a household where some type of meat was usually our main course for dinner (typically chicken or pork chops), and meat was incorporated into several different meals that we had often as well. there was rarely a meatless meal served in my home, and that still rings pretty true to this day.

my mom and i have considered going vegetarian a few times over the years, but i’m not sure if i ever actually will or not. there’s already so little foods that i actually enjoy and can bring myself to eat, so i don’t really want to cut any of them out 🫠

i'm pretty sure my diet would be considered pescatarian but idk. in all honestly, i never liked red meat and most white meat 🤷‍♀️ i'm a very avid seafood eater though. i still have diary though, so that probably cancels out the pescatarian label and makes me more of a flexitarian lmao

Last edited:
i eat meat. though if someone cooks up a vegan lasagne or something else vegan or vegetarian then i'll eat it.

I'll eat anything 😋

Nutrition is actually really important to me. I had an eating disorder for a couple of years, and so I lacked a lot of nutrition, which impacted my health a bit. So now that I'm healthy it's important for me to stay healthy, which means eating a balanced diet with enough proteins, fats, and fibre. I don't think I could go vegan because there are important vitamins and minerals you can only get from eating meat.

But I also just love food in general. Travel is a big passion of mine, and partly that's because I like trying different countries' cuisines! Limiting my diet also limits which new foods I can try in other countries.

I love food. I am a meat eater, as I love fish and poultry, but my favorite foods are carbs (bread, pasta, etc.), fruit, and chocolate. I eat a healthy, balanced diet.

I tried to be vegetarian a few times, but became exhausted. I also have low iron and B12, so it's not the best thing for me anyway. (I like beans, but not enough to eat them instead of meat all the time.)

Last edited:
I'm a meat eater, but I think it's completely okay to be vegan or vegetarian as long as you don't force your beliefs upon others like ThatVeganTeacher does.

Also, for a while, my parents didn't let me eat pork because of the Old Testament, even though we don't follow a Halal or Kosher diet. Eventually they started to let me eat it, but we still only use turkey bacon.

Oh boy, diet. I used to do weight-loss diets like crazy (*ahem* an eating disorder) but I've largely gotten over that and now eat pretty comfortably and appropriately. I used to be a vegan for about a year and a half, but really disliked the restrictive aspect of it. Now I eat like 80% vegan/vegetarian and will have *some* meat. I usually eat vegan/veggie for breakfast and lunch, but will have a bit of meat with dinner. My body feels really good eating this way (I have digestive issues 🫠) and it's not so restrictive that it brings up maladaptive habits from the past.

Back