What are your long-term goals for your HHP island?

CrankyCupcake

overthinks everything
Bells
Island
Littlestar
Moonlight Halloweaster Egg
White Star Fragment
Ancient Lantern
Dusty Scroll
Do you have goals for your HHP island beyond unlocking all the decorating features and items?

Do you plan on creating vacation homes for every single animal in the game? Or are you going to pick and choose only the ones you're fond of? Or maybe you want to create vacation homes with only your own themes instead of the default ones? Or find the perfect roomies for all your favourite villagers?

I've come to regard the HHP as my second island of sorts. There are so many villagers in the game that I like and playing HHP means I get the chance to encounter new animals every day. If I make vacation homes for the ones I'm fond of, I can visit them any time I want to interact with them! I enjoy seeing them on the island, chilling at the cafe or playing on the beach. Today, I realized what my long-term goal is. To populate the HHP island with all the animals I like that I am otherwise unable to meet and invite to my island.

I'm in the same boat as you, I kind of think of HHP as a second island as well and I like to design them a real home instead of a vacation home. I really dislike the requests for 'shop' homes, or like 'outdoor interior homes'. So What I've started doing is giving them what they want downstairs and they get an apartment upstairs. So like, Whitney for example, wanted a salon, so I gave her a salon downstairs and her upstairs is where she actually lives.

My long term goal is to eventually get all animals and NPC's living on the HHP "island". NPC's definitely will take longer since they need Amiibo cards, but I'm hoping I can get some older series packs for Christmas.

I definitely want to make homes for all the villagers in the game, but that's a sort of really long term goal, especially since I might be resetting my island soon. I wanted to say that I love the ideas in this thread so far, of using HHP as an opportunity to see villagers that you might love but don't have space for on your island-- as someone who has a really hard time narrowing my dreamie list down because I love so many villagers, this'll hopefully make things a little easier.

I want to gradually make homes for all of the villagers, but I doubt I’ll actually finish. I enjoy decorating homes, and find it relaxing, so I plan on working on a few houses per week as a fun outlet. Right now, it takes me about an hour per house, and that’s with a yard + one base-sized room, so I assume it’ll start to take been longer as I unlock more rooms, larger rooms, etc. And I may go back and remodel the older houses.

I'd like to make homes for all of the villagers and as many of the NPCs as I can!

Right now, I'm using it to get villagers that I can't fit on my island, and villagers with ideas that I like. I'm trying to avoid anymore villagers who want flowery/garden homes, since I've been getting far too many requests for those, and I'm kinda feeling burnt out from them.

My only longterm plan is to eventually design all facilities and houses for all animals, including all NPCs and the Sanrio villagers.
Same. I love this goal too because it means I'll have something substantive to do in the game for a long, long time. I will soon have all NPC cards and will be doing one a week or so to stretch them out as well. Just did my first one for Katie last night!

When I complete the game, I'll be done. I'm not enjoying HHP as much and I think any sort of prompt template is bit confining. I know that sounds odd as the villagers only ask for a small amount of items they need but I think it throws off my creative process.

For now I try to pick the weird villagers who want indoor farms or a bathroom royale as homes. I need more chaos.

I want to give every NPC, especially the old ones that got shafted by Nintendo, their own vacation home but after that I'll pretty much only use the dlc to fill my own catalog lol. Ever since learning you don't get a single additional custom design slot for this island I've not been into decorating anything. Not being able to give individual villagers their own individual custom designs zaps my creativity tbh. Only so much you can do with limited furniture and 400+ villagers to decorate for

Long term plan is to do every villager and NPC. I’m not rushing though so right now I’m only picking the villagers that I like. I also only do enough villagers a day to be able to buy whatever Wardell has in stock.

Well I completed 50 homes so far, so I am taking a break from designing. I don't know what else happens if you continue making a lot more but at that point it does start to get repetitive, the only reason I would go back again is to earn more poki to get the new items, but then again I can just get them from Nook Cranny's or Nook Shopping under the "Special" section.

I don't have any long term goals really, just keep designing and making homes for as many of the villagers and npcs as I can. There's some themes or villagers that I'll probably never get to, and I'm okay with that. I never did finish all the character homes in HHD. There's just too many and I prefer to focus on the ones I really like or find interesting.

So far I have only been designing small single rooms. I'll expand later. I'd also like to upload some of my designs to the network and check out what others have done, but haven't gotten to it yet. With all the choices and customizations, this type of game/expansion can keep me busy for years!

I would say the main goal for me is to just get to the highest rank (GOAT Designer), with giving all villagers their own home being a secondary goal (though I may need to do it in order to get my main goal, lol).

I'm slowly trying to make it more like a secondary island. It's a bit discouraging since you don't start out with very much furniture to do what you really wanna' do in most of the homes. It really feels like I'm doing some of the early vacationers dirty, lmao. I'll most likely return to the villagers' homes that I like in the future though.

Back