• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Best and worst HHP plots to work with?

S.J.

💜
Bells
Island
Red Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Purple Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Do you have any preferred plots when designing vacation homes, or do you try to use all of the plots evenly?

1710186661620.jpeg

I found it harder to fill in the ice and rock plots. I still don't think I have all of the ice plots with at least one home in them, but that's where all the penguins will have their vacation homes eventually! 😊🐧 The easiest to work with were the plots that were already spring/summery-themed, or were just an open green space, but I do like the variety!​

Outdoor design isn't really easy imo. Best for me would be something that's very simple and somewhat symmetrical, with some water.
Like -
2021112815151400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I keep it super simple. Too much and it tends to not go very well. Worst for me is this monstrosity -

2021112815394800-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

Too many cliffs, not enough room for much of anything, totally off-center. So I just put flowers. 😆

Tbh, the first few hhp designs i did, i don't think i even did anything with the outside other than put a flower by the house. And I do mean 'a' flower. Just put 1 flower and called it good enough.

Funnily enough, despite not liking some outside areas, such as the ice area, and some beaches; I always seem to forget to design outside the house, so even if I do hate it, I usually forget XD

Although scenery, lakes, and cliffs are good, the best ones are usually the ones I have full use of the plot, which allows for more creative freedom.

I ended up using all plots in the end, though I definitely don't like using the ice/rock plots since they feel more restrictive, though they can be thematically appropriate in some ways, like for penguins or certain houses. The best plots are really just those that are a green open space, so that way you have full control over the outside design.

I agree that the solid ice and rock plots are hard to work with, considering that you can't place flowers/trees/normal paths and so on. To my knowledge, only Daisy has an ice plot for her house as her theme is Toy Day-oriented.

I tend to use plot C5 a lot (I think that's the one) where there are surrounding brick paths and lamp posts in the out-of-bound areas. That's a decent plot for building a business, though I sort of wish it was an entirely flat property.

I use the rock plots for all the space themed requests and the ice plots for all of the winter or Toy Day themed ones. The one surprisingly I have a hard time with are the ruins ones. Not many requests have ruins and the ones that do tend to go to the desert.

i don't really mind a lot of the plots but the two tiered ones really require all of my brain power to design the exterior so i tend to avoid those plots unless it's for my favourite villagers haha

also... the rock and ice plots are where i exile my least favourites ones or!!!! i have a really specific aesthetic/design in mind and the landscape works really well there (maybe i'll edit this post later with pictures but my switch is currently powered off)

I like a majority of the plots, but some of the cliff plots are bad because I can't center the incline properly.

i would say the all rock island on g1 is pretty tough since you can’t pave or plant anything on the outside. i had an islander that wanted “a blank slate” and i chose that plot for the first time and wow it was an adjustment. ended up turning out pretty good but i probably will only put non faves in that plot.

Back