• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What are you planning to name your island?

I'm wavering between Felimath, one of the Lone Islands in Narnia and Deilf, Irish for dolphin (if my translation is correct. If I'm wrong, please give me the correct word).

I'll be naming my town Timber, since that was the name of my OG Animal Crossing GCN town name. (Named after the street I grew up on as a kid.) I'll be making little "sub-districts" in the town named after various different trees (Rosewood, Ash, etc.)

I like the fact that we don't have to decide immediately on a name. I think I will choose a name that has something to do with the native fruit I get, but I'm not sure yet.

- pears: Pirumia (based on "pirum" --> pear)
- peaches: Persicia (based on "prunus persica" --> peach)
- oranges: Aurantia (based on "citrus aurantium" --> a type of orange)
- apples: Appelia or Appulia (based on "appel" or "appul" --> I think these are the Old German words for apple)
- cherries: Cerasia ("prunus cerasium" --> cherry) or Naprumia ("Naprumi" --> a type of cherry).

Of course, I also thought of some other names:
- Pomaria (from "pomarium" --> fruit garden)
- Linphea (where Flora from the Winx Club lives)
- Mariposa (butterfly)
- Arcadia
- Magnolia
- maybe another name of a flower/plant...

As you can see, I'd like to take an island name that ends with the letter "a". I think it would fit very well.

Where did you see we won't pick it right away? At what point do we pick it?

Where did you see we won't pick it right away? At what point do we pick it?

After the tutorial—which lasts about 30 minutes—you, Tom Nook and the other two villagers will sit around a little campfire. Nook will then suggest that you come up with a name for the Island.

After the tutorial—which lasts about 30 minutes—you, Tom Nook and the other two villagers will sit around a little campfire. Nook will then suggest that you come up with a name for the Island.

Thank you! :)

I like using names similar to mythical places, and I want to use one that's specifically an island this time. Something related to Avalon would be cool... Avalon is "the isle of apple trees" so I'm researching the origin of the name to change it from "isle of apple trees" to "isle of orange trees" bc I'm resetting for oranges ;)

I will probably spend the first 3 hours of release day second-guessing my decision lol. But my favorite idea for a name right now is Seafoam. =)

I have no idea yet I have so ideas in mind. Most of the are kpop/music themed
-Aroha
-Astro
-Blooming/Blueming
-Beyond (this was the name of my first town in acnl)

Might just end up naming my ACNH town Hoenn. I have nothing else. Except for Harmony but... ehh..

My town is currently named Genovia (from The Princess Diaries), which I quite like. But I also like Corona (from Tangled), and Medfield (from the classic live action Disney movies.) Too many options!!

Genovia was one of the first towns I had in NL! Lucky me it came with pears as the fruit, but then I sold it to Nook after while.

I was set on naming my island Corona... but then the virus came. :/

I don’t really have any other ideas right now.

I was set on naming my island Corona... but then the virus came. :/

I don’t really have any other ideas right now.

That really is unfortunate.

Can’t say Corona isn’t catchy though >.>’

Splitpoint Island. Named after the lighthouse down by my beach house. I even have it tattooed on me haha.

Back