• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What are you planning to name your island?

I saw someone on Reddit name their town "Leafport" and now I'm thinking I'd like something with port at the end of it.

Still no real idea of a name though...

I'm a little unsure... Arcadia, the mythical land where humans and creature lived together in peace, or Neverland, the island we all know that exists thanks to Peter Pan.

I'd love to hear your advice.

I like Arcadia best! It's really nice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I finally decided on Lunamiria a bit long haha, but if we get the suffix i'd love "Lunamiria Isle" <3

I like your island name! Reminds me a little of my Lumeria

I like Arcadia best! It's really nice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like your island name! Reminds me a little of my Lumeria

lol, I saw yours I was thinking "how similar, but very pretty" <3 And ty same to you : ) anything that sounds slightly like Luminescence to me always sounds pretty haha. I also did mix some anime names and added miria to the end xD so randomly generated name for me :')

I think I've decided on Seafoam :)

Does anyone know if we can change the word after the island name? For example, could I make it show up as Seafoam Isle instead of Seafoam Island? I hope that makes sense.

I was thinking Liliana...

If not that, then something to do with peaches, since one of my acnl towns is called Peachy. Maybe I should carry on that tradition.

Does anyone know if we can change the word after the island name? For example, could I make it show up as Seafoam Isle instead of Seafoam Island? I hope that makes sense.

afaik, you need to account for Isle/Island/Gulf in the letter count.
I know the Japanese version lets you add a suffix (じま, とう, しま) but I don't think it's an option for English as far as we've seen

Last edited:
Either Merveile/Mervoile or Altomare. Obviously if they haven't expanded the character limit, it'll be Altomare, but I'm leaning towards it anyway.

I like the fact that we don't have to decide immediately on a name. I think I will choose a name that has something to do with the native fruit I get, but I'm not sure yet.

- pears: Pirumia (based on "pirum" --> pear)
- peaches: Persicia (based on "prunus persica" --> peach)
- oranges: Aurantia (based on "citrus aurantium" --> a type of orange)
- apples: Appelia or Appulia (based on "appel" or "appul" --> I think these are the Old German words for apple)
- cherries: Cerasia ("prunus cerasium" --> cherry) or Naprumia ("Naprumi" --> a type of cherry).

Of course, I also thought of some other names:
- Pomaria (from "pomarium" --> fruit garden)
- Linphea (where Flora from the Winx Club lives)
- Mariposa (butterfly)
- Arcadia
- Magnolia
- maybe another name of a flower/plant...

As you can see, I'd like to take an island name that ends with the letter "a". I think it would fit very well.

Last edited:
I've been doing some fiddling and I think I've landed on

Lazuliet

It's based on lapis Lazuli (the gemstone) and the color violet.

I could have sworn I posted my island name in here, but it’s not here, so maybe it’s in a past thread that was asking the same question.

Anyway, I’m no longer naming my island Port! Just realized that there’s a ten character limit for island names and so I’m going to be naming my island UA Academy. Fits in well with my theme and aesthetic, and as many good memories as I had with Port in ACNL, I think it’s time to move on. I’ll also be naming my character either Midoriya or Deku (instead of Riley) depending on how long of player names we can have. Really looking forward to this fresh start! :D

A bit last minute but i'm still trying to decide... I might try out a mythology related name like Elysium or Delphi, or go for Wisteria, Aurelia or Valentine. With classes cancelled this week I guess I have lots of time to think about it ;)

A bit last minute but i'm still trying to decide... I might try out a mythology related name like Elysium or Delphi, or go for Wisteria, Aurelia or Valentine. With classes cancelled this week I guess I have lots of time to think about it ;)

I named my initial town Elysium in NL and still think it’s one of the most beautiful names—I personally chose it because it features in the lyrics to the Ode to Joy ^ェ^ Makes for a pretty town tune as well!

Valentine Island sounds absolutely precious though! Not that you asked for any input ;ェ;

Last edited:
I named my initial town Elysium in NL and still think it’s one of the most beautiful names—I personally chose it because it features in the lyrics to the Ode to Joy ^ェ^ Makes for a pretty town tune as well!

Valentine Island sounds absolutely precious though! Not that you asked for any input ;ェ;

Ty, he input is definitely appreciated! Having Ode to Joy as the town tune is such a cute idea too!!

Quasar, had this name since WW :)

Last edited:
I’m having a hard time deciding on an island name. Originally I thought I would name it Atlantis but I feel like that might be a pretty popular island name lol. Then I was thinking maybe naming it Belleval, because the hotel me and my fiancé stayed at when we got engaged in Paris was called Le Belleval. But visually I don’t think Belleval looks that nice, so basically I’m still stuck on what to name my island and will probably sit at the naming screen when I start playing for like 10 years lol

I’m having a hard time deciding on an island name. Originally I thought I would name it Atlantis but I feel like that might be a pretty popular island name lol. Then I was thinking maybe naming it Belleval, because the hotel me and my fiancé stayed at when we got engaged in Paris was called Le Belleval. But visually I don’t think Belleval looks that nice, so basically I’m still stuck on what to name my island and will probably sit at the naming screen when I start playing for like 10 years lol

I have some ideas for you:

You can name your island after Le Belleval, belle/beau means pretty (feminine/masculine form) and val has many translations:

Beaudell
Belledell
Beau Valley
Belle Valley
Beaudale
Belledale
Beauglen
Belleglen
Beauvale
Bellevale
Beauglade
Belleglade
Beauval

Or maybe Belantis? Valantis?

I have some ideas for you:

You can name your island after Le Belleval, belle/beau means pretty (feminine/masculine form) and val has many translations:

Beaudell
Belledell
Beau Valley
Belle Valley
Beaudale
Belledale
Beauglen
Belleglen
Beauvale
Bellevale
Beauglade
Belleglade
Beauval

Or maybe Belantis? Valantis?

Oh wow thank you for your suggestions!! I really like Bellevale! :D

After combing through so many island names and going back and forth on which ones I prefer, I'm currently undecided between three:

Shoreline - It's been my frontrunner since even before we found out we'd be on an island, and it'd fit the setting really well. I used to be set on this one but now I'm not sure if I prefer one of the others over it.
Plumeria - I love the flower and the tropical connotation, although I don't know if it'd be weird to name it after a plant you can't actually grow in the game.
Aquamarine - Both a nice colour and the birthstone of ACNH release month (which is also super pretty), and it contains the words aqua and marine for the island setting. My only concern about this one is that it's kind of a mouthful to say.

Looks like I'll be deciding on release day or maybe I'll come up with a completely new one once I start the game. :p

Back