• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Swapping the Island Representative

Hansando

Bells
Hi

We share a family switch.

When I set up the game for my daughter I set up the user in my name. She has since added her own profile and has progressed in the game. I don’t play anymore, is it possible to transfer island ownership to her?

Thank you

unfortunately you can't change the island representative.

your best bet is either restarting the island and letting her profile start the new game, or allowing her to play your account - customization in the game is very in depth, so it'd be easy to get the character to look the same as it does to her currently existing one. the only issue would be that you cannot change a character's name.

Thank you both.

I only have a basic house and little household items in my island rep profile, she has a tonne! I read it’s best for her to dump all her items outside of her house for her to collect under her new profile (mine) and then delete her old one. Does this sound right?

I have also deleted extra profiles my daughter made so she can focus on the new island rep profile.
I see the tent and houses of the profiles I added are still on the island. How do I remove them?

Thank you both.

I only have a basic house and little household items in my island rep profile, she has a tonne! I read it’s best for her to dump all her items outside of her house for her to collect under her new profile (mine) and then delete her old one. Does this sound right?
yup, that's the best way to do it! it might take a few trips, but it's what i did when my mother got her own switch and wanted to bring her stuff to her other island. i just filled up my pockets and dumped it on the ground.
I have also deleted extra profiles my daughter made so she can focus on the new island rep profile.
I see the tent and houses of the profiles I added are still on the island. How do I remove them?
after doing some research, it looks like the way to delete them is to press the - button on the main menu screen of the game while playing as the island representative. there should be an option that says save data setting, and then delete resident registration. tom nook should then let you delete characters not connected to a switch user.

hope that helps!

Thank you so much!!
My other daughter likes to play as well. We have tried to play dual player but they have to follow each other around.
Is there another dual player option or is it possible to play split screen?

Thank you so much!!
My other daughter likes to play as well. We have tried to play dual player but they have to follow each other around.
Is there another dual player option or is it possible to play split screen?
unfortunately not. it’s a shame they didn’t include split screen, but i think it’s because a single switch trying to render a whole island would probably melt, haha.

i had similar frustration while playing dual player with my mom, but we still had lots of fun and made it work.

Back