• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What are you planning to name your island?

I always name my towns after flowers and after thinking for a while, I've settled on Rosebelle for my island

My new leaf town was called Fewlane (Anagram of New Leaf) I can't think of a anagram for New Horizons though... so I'm actually not sure yet.

I just heard my grandpa call our doggie “Chiquito” that’s so cute and sweet!! I put it on the list of maybes :)

I like Pastoria Bay, but I haven't settled on anything yet. My NL town was named Village so as long as I'm a little more creative this time around I'll be okay.

So I've read previous comments and have been thinking...
Is anybody planning to name their island something completely made up that is not based off of anything nor makes any sense...just sounds good and might fit? I might end up doing this. Lol. Can be completely original that way.

Is anybody planning to name their island something completely made up that is not based off of anything nor makes any sense...just sounds good and might fit? I might end up doing this. Lol. Can be completely original that way.

I tried to makeup words but they all end up sounding like over the counter medications

I've done this for a previous town and wanted to do it again for my island, but every time I finally come up with something that sounds nice, I google it only to find out it's someone's last name or the name of a random window company or something. :p

I tried to makeup words but they all end up sounding like over the counter medications

Welcome to...
Pepto! / carvedilol! / gabapentin! / lasix!
Sertraline could work if ac is ur antidepressant l m a o
The possibilities are endless.

I did for Wild World. Years after the release, I remade my town and called it Plutonia (Plew-tone-Ee-ah). Of course even though Googling that word comes up with some results, I did manage to come up with it randomly on my own while trying to think of a made up name that sounded interesting.

Last edited:
I kinda like the idea of using one of the Jurassic Park Islands. To bad their was dinosaur villagers. Haha. I may use Isla Sorna or Isla Nublar. That's not set in stone though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Might depend on if its 8 or 10 characters though. I have heard people saying both. So we will see. I need to put more thought into it backups.

I’m still brainstorming but I want something with a peaceful tune like the feeling you get when you are by the seashore.
So far I like best “Pacific” and “Umi”. But I’ll prob find something better by the time the game is out.

I'm undecided between recycling my town name from AC:NL (Lunabell) or to go with an entirely new name (Loveis). Will probably wait till I get the game and have a feel of how the island is like before deciding c:

I have been kind of trying to do that, but it's been hard!

Yesterday "Lumeria" popped into my head and I can't find any meaning behind it. The closest I can find is Lemuria, which ironically is the name of a supposed lost continent.

In trying to assign my own meaning to Lumeria I came up with "Light of the Sea". One of the meanings of "Lu" is light (as seen in luminous), and "Meria" is apparently a baby name, with one of the meanings being "of the Sea"

To whoever happens to be reading this, I'd love your input on the name. I feel nervous using an essentially made up name for some reason.

Other ideas I've had are:

Lilycove (if 8 is the limit)

Belleview (if they increase the limit)

Back